Thread: Word useage

Hybrid View

Default Re: Word useage

Quote Originally Posted by Khetienn View Post
    *boggles at the character*

Was it's hair some shade of blonde, too, perchance? Because, with that list, I can't really see anything other than "hair of spun gold" or, possibly, "light-absorbing black hair" to go with that description.

...a demon-possessed vampire? Isn't that going to be a bit contradictory? how does a vamp get possessed, anyway? Aren't they (mostly) dead to begin with?
    To be honest, I never asked. Reading that description was kinda a red flag. And chances are the demonic possesion would've canceled any weaknesses in the vampiric nature. And I think the hair was blonde, if not silver. You'd be surprised how long I tend to people-watch and description read before I'll actually initiate a roleplay with someone.

I also throw in, people who refer to eyes as orbs during RP. STOP IT. THEY ARE NOT ORBS. THEY ARE EYES.
    OMG YOU TOO??!!!

I HATE THAT!!

and its not just orbs its OCCULAR ORBS!!

NO MORE OCCULAR ORBS!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

That's why I play the "average citizen" whenever I do get around to RPing (which isn't too often). I typically don't get heavily into it, mainly because, well, my character is Henry. He builds stuff. Occasionally, he doesn'ty get himself killed when he's trying to kill something else. He's not a hero, he's not a ***, he's not a prince, king, or otherwise. If anything, he's a peasant. He isn't terribly educated, he isn't massively muscled (in fact, he's got a bit of a gut), he doesn't own the shiniest or rarest of equipment, and most of the time, he doesn't even really know what he's doing, other than trying to make it through his day.

His name is Henry, and he just works. He is the every-man in a world full of heroes and royalty.

EDIT
    Oh, and he doesn't have ORBS. He's got eyes, lookers, or peepers.
    Last edited by Henry Redacre; October 2nd, 2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: lack of ORBS

Here, gopher, this could be a start: http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~csk/its.html
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

And while we're on the subject... It's spelled "usage"
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Aye, I do that "useage" thing all the time. Normally the spell check catches it, but spell check doesn't function in the title of a thread unless you specifically tell it to do so.

That "its" and "it's" misusage (almost did it again:P. Stupid e.) bugs me too. I'm not a total Grammar Nazi, but there are certain things which make me twitch.

Thread Information