Thread: An update for communal lair in Snowfall

Default An update for communal lair in Snowfall

I am building a gathering area out of my lair at snowfall and it will soon be ready to open with a few lairs and a hall done.

here is the plan if you would like to take a tour with me

(Sorry if the bright red hurts, but I couldn't finad anything less harsh.)

The darker pieces are done and the lighter pieces are not. The adjacent pieces with %'s should open soon and with that, so will my lair.

Thank you to Silang for his help on the Library and T5 Hall.

Shian's Lodging and Rest Stop located next to the S in "Snowfall" at 23514 30116
    Near the middle of the map ^_^

Level 0:
    Lunus corridors are used to signify that you can get to a way out. Follow the corridors until you see a way up or down. This is to minimize those that may get lost.

There are exceptions though. In this case, I figured having a lunus smelter was more appropriate. (plus it looks cooler :P) This smelter, once built will prevent young crafter dragons having to drag a cargo disk all the way down to Mahagra for the anvil in order to grind T2 slate scales for more levels.
    I will be collecting feedback to see if there is a need to make these three (or number) silos public. I cannot wait to pop this one ^_^

The secondary hall here is a foyer for small gatherings and bipeds.

Level 1:
    Most lairs will be public to facilitate the "hotel" atmosphere. If you have a specific need for one of them, I will do what I can to accomidate. This is the first one and has a library.

Level 3:
    If you are wanting peace and quiet, you should probably not choose this lair to sleep in as it will have traffic as it is also a way to the lower levels. It can be used if the other lairs are full though.

This level also in the opening for the main hall. It is a T5 in the hopes I can open it in my lifetime so it can be used.

Level 2:
    I have hidden my machines as best I can from the public eye. No one wants a noisy machine next to where they are sleeping or having a meeting, but they will be there if you feel the need to climb up to them.

Level 4+5:
    Small lairs and a bit of storage. I may take them down later in favor of a T3, but I like the smaller ones better and I can fit more Istarians in my lair this way ^_^

This will be my "breathing room" area in case we ever get hoard chambers or I fancy a vault instead of someone else's sleeping area. It will depend on feedback.

Level 6:
    Kinda nothing... this is my storage area. If you so feel insane enough to drop down 6 levels and want to use these silos, I will be happy to open a few if you let me know.

Level 7:
    For the Ancients and those that do not like the smaller lairs, I have included a couple roomier lairs- one of each so you can take whichever one is most comfortable.

Level 8:
    Along with the larger lairs, there will also be a T6 library.

(There's a typo in that plan- one of those silos is supposed to be a Spiral Reverse up)

I like the idea that the two larger lairs have only one entrance and they are accessable on different levels, but I am wondering if I should scrap the stairway and sacrificed a bit of privacy on one of the lairs so that I can have both T6 Libraries at the bottom for asthetic reasons.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: An update for communal lair in Snowfall

I see some spots on your .xls that there is a missing connection somewhere. For instance, level 2. If you're following the path, none of level 2 is accessible except the spiral to level 3. On level 4, is that middle 3 way supposed to be a 4 way? On level 7, does the right hand lair connect at all except on level 8?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: An update for communal lair in Snowfall

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I see some spots on your .xls that there is a missing connection somewhere. For instance, level 2. If you're following the path, none of level 2 is accessible except the spiral to level 3.
    That's the idea. The only way into level 2 is to go down to level 3, then back up. I don't like seeing/hearing the machines This is a hotel, not a factory.

On level 4, is that middle 3 way supposed to be a 4 way?
    Errr.... yes. I'll ummm fix that. Level 8's color scheme is wierd, but that's because it was 3 am and I was getting tired of messing with the excel sheet.

On level 7, does the right hand lair connect at all except on level 8?
    Nope. The only way to get into the left hand lair is level 7 and the only way to get into the right hand lair is level 8. For privacy's sake. I might change it later- it will be a long while 'till I get down there!

Thanks for looking, C'gan

Thread Information