Thread: Chicken bugs and other issues

Default Chicken bugs and other issues

1. The chicken spawn on Isle of the Drowned has been reduced. Instead of three yummy chickens, there are now zero. *hides the feathers*

2. Same problem with the cows there.

3. The chicken spawn on the Sslanis farm has been reduced, but luckily, some chickens seem to have survived.

4. I've waited two and a half months to get an answer on a ticket. Dragons used to be able to harvest clay, now they cannot, despite a message saying dragon quarrying would allow them to harvest clay. Was the change to dragons harvesting clay intentional? A simple yes or no will suffice. This issue was also mentioned here.

4a. Before hitting send, I decided I'd check to see if a stealth fix had happened (perhaps to counteract the stealth nerf?). I am very disappointed to see that it has been "fixed" by removing the message saying dragon quarrying can be used. Clay is not organic. Please let dragons harvest it.

5. Stealth change to potatoes and harvesting tools. Potatoes used to require a harvest knife. Now they need a clay scoop. I've waited two weeks to hear whether this was intentional as well. I'm assuming since the clay changes were intentional that this was too. If they are intentional, the skill reqs on the scoops need to be changed to reflect this.

6. When making changes to harvesting tools, please make a note of it in the patch notes. It's very irritating to get out to someplace only to discover you need to recall/port back to change tools, or worse, completely change characters in order to get your crafting done.

7. I don't understand why it takes over two months to answer a yes or no question. I understand people are busy, small staff, etc., etc. Two months is unacceptable. I haven't been asking for a fix or new content on this stuff. Just one short word.

Default Re: Chicken bugs and other issues

1. This is on purpose.

2. Also by design.

3. No changes were made to this, but I will check the spawn rate.

4. Correct. Dragons cannot quarry clay any longer.

5. This is part of the upcoming change. Potatoes are now harvested using a scoop. I will look at the skill requirements on the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    4. Correct. Dragons cannot quarry clay any longer.
    Why?

"Because they have no use for it." is not really a good reason to change it after 4 years of being able to do so. "Duhh I forgot how to dig in the dirt!" Come on...
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Big, fat dragon claws and small, soft potatoes don't mix?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Big, fat dragon claws and small, soft potatoes don't mix?
    Not talking about potatoes. Talking about clay. You know, the stuff that turns into rock in about 10-20 million years?
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Ah right, sorry. Well, ever tried digging clay with a hoe? :P
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    Ah right, sorry. Well, ever tried digging clay with a hoe? :P
    Yes... and she didn't like it too much.. got all kinda dirt in her hair and under the fingernails... wasn't a pretty sight...

Sorry.. I had to... Back on topic...

With some of the changes there should be accompanying lore that goes along with it.. something like.. "Dragons feeling they are above playing in the clay pits and getting that fine dirt all under their scales, have come together in council and decided to denounce all knowledge of ever being able to harvest clay saying, 'What do we need clay for, we have no use for it so why should we even touch it except perhaps to move it out of the way so we can put a lair in its place'"
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    With some of the changes there should be accompanying lore that goes along with it.. something like.. "Dragons feeling they are above playing in the clay pits and getting that fine dirt all under their scales, have come together in council and decided to denounce all knowledge of ever being able to harvest clay saying, 'What do we need clay for, we have no use for it so why should we even touch it except perhaps to move it out of the way so we can put a lair in its place'"
    Lore would be great! But I'd settle for it being mentioned in the patch notes.

And thank you H_CS for answering my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    Not talking about potatoes. Talking about clay. You know, the stuff that turns into rock in about 10-20 million years?
    Hmm, isn't it the other way around?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I find undocumented changes irritating. I realize that some changes are part of a larger change, but a simple "a few things were modified in preparation for upcoming confectioner changes" would be nice.

It's possible I missed it in the patch notes, but where did it say that Vault Quests 8-10 where going in?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    It's possible I missed it in the patch notes, but where did it say that Vault Quests 8-10 where going in?
    I think it was mentioned in a roundabout fashion. Let me try to find it.

Vault quests have been redesigned to work by starting with any vault keeper. Players can upgrade their vault every 10 levels starting at level 5. (Note that players with an active vault upgrade quest will probably have to delete and start over before it can be completed.)
    This is what I was thinking of. I don't believe it's mentioned in further detail anywhere else, but I could be mistaken.
    Last edited by Kala; December 22nd, 2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: found what I was looking for

It was not specifically mentioned in the patch notes that vaults 8 to 10 "were going in" because they've always been in, but because of the way the quest were previously designed, no one could get to them. Didn't realize that no one had EVER been able to get to them in the whole history of the game. In fixing how the quests are given out in general, now everyone can get vaults 8 to 10 when they reach the proper requirements. Thus, it wasn't an "undocumented change" as gopher says, but one that was a secondary result of fixing the quests.

We could always take them back out instead.

vaults 8-10..they dont add item stack capacity I've been told. I know it bogs down the server ( item stacks I mean...or again so I'm told) but without that, not worth the coin to me.

Clay: yeah no good to dragons...sure was one more thing to make dragons useful to bipeds...slowly but surely we'll serve little purpose aside from killing reklar and um....making spells...no wiat bipeds can do that....hmmmm. what can we do for bipeds again? Transmute! but then again...they can do that too...
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Whoawhoawhoawhoa... They didn't know we couldn't get 8-10 huh? Then what was the big thing about 2 years ago when vault quest 7 was "released" for those who did the quests in a certain order? They certainly knew about it then, because they purposefully allowed us to get vault 6, even posting about it in the patch notes. So don't try to pass that off to ME.

i don't care who knew it when, i'm glad it's an option now... if i could only raise the funds for it! :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    We could always take them back out instead.
    Wouldn't bother me any. I need more stacks, not bulk, in my vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Wouldn't bother me any. I need more stacks, not bulk, in my vault.
    Ditto. Bulk is useless to me in my vault. That's why I built a Library on my plot. Lotsa stacks, no bulk. I have no plans to ever do vault quests 7-10.

Thread Information