Thread: Pricing of new confectioner foods

Default Pricing of new confectioner foods

I'm posting this in hopes of generating some discussion about pricing for the new confectioner made foods. I've come up with my own thoughts on how I'll be pricing and I'd be interested to see what others are thinking and planning.

A couple points that I'm using as a basis.
    • For now I'm focusing on Expert and Master grade foods.
    • I understand that lower level players need foods to, but this is a starting point.
    • Ambrosia used to sell for 50s from NPCs
    • I've heard of 30s as a common price for player made ambrosia.
    • Many players thought that was pretty expensive and didn't use ambrosia because they couldn't afford it.
    • New confectioner foods have MANY ingredients and sub combines required. I usually try to make 100 of a dish at a time and it generally takes me several hours of work to get the required resources.
    That all being said, I'm planning to price my foods based on the time they take off a DP. I'm proposing that a 28-hour Death Point should cost 10s to remove OUTSIDE a tavern (in the field) and 5s if you consume the entire meal in a tavern. Since the stated time on the food is the base time without a tavern, all my calculations are based on the 10s figure.

10s = 10,000c
    28 hours = 1680 minutes

10,000 / 1680 = 5.9c per minute -- for ease I'm calling it 6c per minute

For example:
    - reminder the time stated is without the tavern bonus.
    Burgundy Chicken Pie shows "Advances Death Point fade time by 1:35:00". 95 minutes X 6c per minute = 570c
    Blueberry Scones shows "Advances Death Point fade time by 52:00:. 52 minutes X 6c per minute = 312c

Currently I'm trying to stick to recipes that do not require rare or purchased resources whenever possible to keep costs down. If I do make / offer foods that require purchased or rare components, the costs for those will be added directly on top of this pricing scheme.

I'll be trying to consign complete meals in two places - the Aughendel consigner (to stay listed on consigner searches and in a high traffic area) and the new multi-guild public tavern (northern part of Acul owned by Lemona). My initial experience with consigning food resulted in lots being returned to my vault for failure to sell. Please understand that my prices don't reflect consignment fees. I really hope that foods start selling better than they did in my initial attempts. Making food is something I find fun, but my time has to be worth something too.

Your thoughts, comments?

Default Re: Pricing of new confectioner foods

so essentially 1 cp/tier/min?

Thread Information