Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Several things which look odd to newbie.

Default Several things which look odd to newbie.

1. Wedding quest is repeatable. Now it is the fastest way of making money (10s per half an hour) for low level chars. But it looks odd. It is usually not possible to destroy the same wedding over and over. Tested both on Blight and on Chaos

2. Gathering, Mining, Jewelcrafting and Scholar trainers at New Trismus stopped to give any quests after the latest patch. First three schools are prestigious (I believe) so may be it is intended for them. But Scholar school is one of three basic schools. Tested only on Blight.

3. Crystal shaping skill doesn't give an experience regardless of your current active school. Skill description reads that the skill belongs to Lairshaping school. So I believe it is supposed to give experience while your active school is DLSH. Not even shure if it is bug or feature...

4. Dragon craft trainer at New Trismus doesn't give standard crafting quests (craft 35 bronze bars etc.). He gives initial dragon crafting quests then stops giving any of them. Other dragon craft trainers at *New* islands give standard quests normally. But those islands lack some resources (wisps, gems). May be young dragons are supposed to move to Lesser Aradoth. But the island seems doesn't have dragon craft trainer

I'm sorry if these things were already discussed on forums (didn't do any search tbh.)

My English is bad, I know

Default Re: Several things which look odd to newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Onoris View Post
    1. Wedding quest is repeatable. Now it is the fastest way of making money (10s per half an hour) for low level chars. But it looks odd. It is usually not possible to destroy the same wedding over and over. Tested both on Blight and on Chaos
    What's the difference between one person destroying the same wedding twice and two people destroying it once each? Although it would be logical for the NPCs involved to stop trusting a player-character who wrecks one of their wedding attempts and try to avoid letting that character get involved again.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

3. Crystal shaping skill doesn't give an experience regardless of your current active school. Skill description reads that the skill belongs to Lairshaping school. So I believe it is supposed to give experience while your active school is DLSH. Not even shure if it is bug or feature...
    Lairshaping is the school not crystal shaping. Therefore, you only gain xp when making components and placing- things that require you to have lairshaping active to do.

Crystal shaping was originally supposed to be a seperate school, but thankfully is not another empty grind. Honestly though, if crystal shaping gave xp, there'd be many dragons just grinding out crystals and not making lairshaping components because it's easier.

Why be a lairshaper if you are just making crystals? That makes even less sense than crystals not giving any xp.

Onoris, thanks for taking the time to write up the post.

Good point. We'll look into it.

2. Gathering, Mining, Jewelcrafting and Scholar trainers at New Trismus stopped to give any quests after the latest patch. First three schools are prestigious (I believe) so may be it is intended for them. But Scholar school is one of three basic schools. Tested only on Blight.
    The tier1 quests are being added back actually. The patch won't go to live as it currently is.

See Shian's reply.

4. Dragon craft trainer at New Trismus doesn't give standard crafting quests (craft 35 bronze bars etc.). He gives initial dragon crafting quests then stops giving any of them. Other dragon craft trainers at *New* islands give standard quests normally. But those islands lack some resources (wisps, gems). May be young dragons are supposed to move to Lesser Aradoth. But the island seems doesn't have dragon craft trainer
    Young Dragons are supposed to move to Lesser Aradoth. And Gerix in Kion kind of fits the bill for both Adventurer and Crafter.

ACtually, New Trismus has both gems and wisps. Wisps are found near the base of the waterfall (below Pratt's Pond). Gems are found inside the mine.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Lairshaping is the school not crystal shaping. Therefore, you only gain xp when making components and placing- things that require you to have lairshaping active to do.

Crystal shaping was originally supposed to be a seperate school, but thankfully is not another empty grind. Honestly though, if crystal shaping gave xp, there'd be many dragons just grinding out crystals and not making lairshaping components because it's easier.

Why be a lairshaper if you are just making crystals? That makes even less sense than crystals not giving any xp.
    Yes, it sounds reasonable. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Young Dragons are supposed to move to Lesser Aradoth. And Gerix in Kion kind of fits the bill for both Adventurer and Crafter.

ACtually, New Trismus has both gems and wisps. Wisps are found near the base of the waterfall (below Pratt's Pond). Gems are found inside the mine.
    Hmm... I think I wasn't clear enough... Yes New Trismus has all resources you need. But the dragon craft trainer there doesn't give you those standard quests (mine 50 Tin and Coppers, craft 15 bronze bars etc.) On the other hand, dragon trainer on New Brommel (or other "Training: New..." islands except NT) does give those quests. But those islands (New Brommel, New Vosserak etc.) don't have wisps and gems. So you have to teleport between NT and NB to complete gems quests or essence quests. That was my point.

As for that Gerix in Kion he gives many quests yes. But not standard crafting quests (make 50 bronze bars etc.) to level your craft school.

NT is the main training island, the other ones are obsolete and a abadonned relic of busier times.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Hmm... I think I wasn't clear enough... Yes New Trismus has all resources you need. But the dragon craft trainer there doesn't give you those standard quests (mine 50 Tin and Coppers, craft 15 bronze bars etc.) On the other hand, dragon trainer on New Brommel (or other "Training: New..." islands except NT) does give those quests. But those islands (New Brommel, New Vosserak etc.) don't have wisps and gems. So you have to teleport between NT and NB to complete gems quests or essence quests. That was my point.

As for that Gerix in Kion he gives many quests yes. But not standard crafting quests (make 50 bronze bars etc.) to level your craft school.
    They won't for long. These quests are being phased out for Dragons as they are nothing but "grind" and dragon crafters have their own line of quests specific abilities.

NT is the main training island, the other ones are obsolete and a abadonned relic of busier times.
    It's so sad, I loved New Brommel. I was "reborn" there in the beginning, the other isles just don't "kick in" for me.

As for Kion, if Gerix is the dragon on the bank roof, we had real newbies (that is, not alts) having issues at finding him and unable to talk with him at that distance unless going into a correct spot (they said it on the dragons chat). I find this should be changed, it's newbies after all, they don't know the "howtos" of the elders.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onoris

They won't for long. These quests are being phased out for Dragons as they are nothing but "grind" and dragon crafters have their own line of quests specific abilities.
    I heard a young hatchling asking in game how to earn lore tokens. The quests Gerix gives allow hatchlings to earn skill but not lore tokens. How are hatchlings supposed to earn lore tokens, if the old crafter trainers are phased out? There are no tier I resources handy near Chiconis or Dralk...?

For specific crafting quests, and both the craft XP and the lore tokens that are rewarded for accomplishing them, young dragons must seek out the craft trainers in Dralk or Chiconis. Gerix gives good stuff, but, as you noted, Awdz, no tokens.

Because they can be somewhat elusive, as, indeed Gerix himself can seem to a short little hatchie, young dragons do need some guidance and advice from more seasoned players. Perhaps some ingame mechanism could be developed...have the trainer at NT be more specific in his final instructions to the hatchies, maybe?

Most players are willing to ask in chat, but I have met a few who were shy or reluctant to do so, and if I had not asked them how they were doing, I would not have known they were in trouble. (I remember one in particular who, when I welcomed him and offered help/advice, claimed he was just about to quit the game in frustration when I came along. He is still here,two years later...just needed a very few words of early advice to get him set on his path, and the game itself is somewhat vague after the earliest step-by-step training)

I sincerely think that having the New Trismus trainers specifically say "Go see Queriatia in Dralk or Whomever in Chiconis (lunus, can't remember the chico one, lol) would not be spoon feeding, as the NPCs are so hard to find...but would give enough specific direction to keep the hatchies moving along.

the thing is, earning beginner tokens is a grind to begin with; sending them to trainers far away from the resources to get the quests is rather a pain, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    the thing is, earning beginner tokens is a grind to begin with; sending them to trainers far away from the resources to get the quests is rather a pain, don't you think?
    Yes, I do, actually. Portage to New Trismus is, at least, free, or it would be an especial hardship on low levels. As it is, it is rather a long run on short legs from the portal to the resources, then back again to make the run to the crafter trainer to turn in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This doesnt seem fair, after the initial training quest you cant earn lore tokens by doing skill quest anymore (wish you could). There's definitely no one on LA that gives out lore token quest to hatchlings, and its a major pain in the tail to have to run back and forth to Chiconis or Dralk with only what you can carry on you, as early disks dont port. And even if they did port it'd still be an infuriating and expensive grind at those levels. I'm already frustrated on my newbie hatchling because I cant stay on NT to get the tokens I need.

I am aware that you do not currently get Tokens for purchasing formula from dragon crafter tasks.

While we talk about New Trismus...

what is the dragon lair at 45767 14460 for?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Its the lair of the spell vendor, its a training lair for the beginner lairshapers.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

LA does have a Dragon crafter trainer, he/she is on top of the vault in Parsinia. Alteratively, New Brommel should still have a Dragon crafter trainer and most T1 resources nearby.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggr View Post
    LA does have a Dragon crafter trainer, he/she is on top of the vault in Parsinia.
    Good point, but as of yet she does nothing but accept a delivery quest from Kion.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Out of curriosity do bi-peds have a lore token quest giver in NT? If so why was the dragon one taken out?

Thread Information