Thread: Allow pouches to be placed in Libraries?

Default Allow pouches to be placed in Libraries?

How hard would it be to allow pouches to be placed in a library structure?

I don't know how it would mess up the "stack / bulk" as most of us have a glut of Ironsilk bags at 8bu each. (which is 8 spells / formulas) or maybe a new 1 bulk "folder" that can be filled with formulas for organizational purposes.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Allow pouches to be placed in Libraries?

i not sure i like pouches, but maybe 'shelves'?
    like you can section off the library contents, much like a pouch, so you can label them?
    fiction, non-fiction, techs, spell forms, etc.....maybe a fraction of the tier....like a t2 would have 4 shelves (t2 x 2).........

i guess not really any different from pouches after all - never mind!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I agree, we need more space in our libraries.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

while were on the topic of placing things in a library, I would like to be able to put crystals in a library to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    while were on the topic of placing things in a library, I would like to be able to put crystals in a library to.
    Funny thought got into my head when I read this... something about Superman the movie..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Who really builds libraries? Not saying that in a slanderous way, but with the amount of resources they require and the lack of storage capacity, you're better off throwing a t4 pouch into your vault or your hall. That's the same storage you'd get out of your library and you saved all that time and energy.

For those of you that have taken all that time and energy, allow me to say.. you have very pretty libraries? *runs away

Libraries are build not for bulk storage, but for stack size reduction.

The one thing about storing stuff in Istaria that is a pain is the fact you will run out of stack size before you run out of bulk (unless you use the connie loophole and overload your vault).

Libraries give you an option to clear out your vault / hall / house from formulas that weigh 1bu but take up precious stack space in said structures.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Who really builds libraries? Not saying that in a slanderous way, but with the amount of resources they require and the lack of storage capacity, you're better off throwing a t4 pouch into your vault or your hall. That's the same storage you'd get out of your library and you saved all that time and energy.
    Halls take up more space(and are more useful for carry things with more....... bulk than just forms) than libraries do in a lair and in my opinion aren't THAT much easier to build. And some people (like myself) don't have room in our vaults to carry forms there. At the moment, I am just using an alt character to carry all types of formulas in pouches. While it is useful for now, I much rather "waste" all that time and energy building a library when I get a lair. Because while yes.... I can carry the forms in a pouch on an alt, it is very hard to spread the forms around to the rest of my guildmates who might need them. I can't, afterall, keep my alt online all the time and I have 1 computer, so I have to switch between charaters if someone needs a form. Much easier to just say, "Sure I got it, go fetch it yourself in my library."

That and libraries are more convenient. While putting in the vault can be okay if you are just holding it for your character, it is better to put it into a structure on a plot/lair that other people have access to if you want to share the formulas. That way if someone needs something and thinks you may have it, they don't have to wait for you to come online. They can just go to the person's plot/lair and check themselves. (and maybe leave a gnome behind as a "thank you". ^^)

Oh, and back to topic, yea I would LOVE pouches being able to be placed in libraries just so everything is nice and organize. I also would love if I could just place pouches in libraries with forms inside them, because I can tell you, having to take them out 1 at a time to place them in there is very mind numbing. Course..... we can't do that with regular structures that hold pouches like guildhouses and halls, so I won't hold my breath on it.^^ It is nice to dream though........

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thread Information