Thread: Dragon Cauldron?

Default Dragon Cauldron?

OK, so I logged back into order for the first time in a long time. As the files load I see a dragon cauldron fly by.
    Is there one? My construction window showed a T1 version which of course was just a compass symbol. Are we getting a transmutation chamber? If so, when?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Default Re: Dragon Cauldron?

wow, it's about time someone noticed that They had mentioned in another thread that dragons will be getting their own Cauldron chamber (Amon posted that when they added the "cauldron only" plot building.

Yea, I saw the files zip across too wondering, "when will someone on the community board post about this"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Drat, now I need to re-arrange my lair to make room for one of those chambers! XD Even if they won't be around for a while... which will be hard to plan for the size/exits/ect. But still.

Well at least the disks are faster now so getting those repalcement pieces won't be so bad. And of course T6 chit is in now so the cauldron won't be such a necessity.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Favoran, I can give you a bit of info on the chamber for your planning. The last I heard, it will be a one size fits all chamber for all tiers, 2x2x1 spaces, and the two entrances will be at the ends of an L shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Favoran, I can give you a bit of info on the chamber for your planning. The last I heard, it will be a one size fits all chamber for all tiers, 2x2x1 spaces, and the two entrances will be at the ends of an L shape.
    time to start my blueprints again
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

One size fits all, really? What's up with that? Definitely worth t6, in that case. XD
    <----clicky!

Well, since the biped cauldron is in one of the tiniest of the biped buildings, I suppose that having lair equivalent that size would be fitting so that it would not have a major impact upon the design and space of lair planning. Besides, with the T6 resources now in game, I suspect that most of the cauldron chambers built in lairs will be just to have it. They have some, but not a major use to dragons now. Unless you really *like* transmutating your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Unless you really *like* transmutating your stuff.
    Ew. XD

I was thinking that though... I don't need to be able to transmutate anymore. XD
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Ew. XD

I was thinking that though... I don't need to be able to transmutate anymore. XD
    You can always have your naka slaves cooking around the clock for you, slaving over a hot bubbling pot making you meals, in hopes they won't be the next main course.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    You can always have your naka slaves cooking around the clock for you, slaving over a hot bubbling pot making you meals, in hopes they won't be the next main course.

Definatly!

I've also seen in some dragon lairs, machine chambers used in place of a corridor for a more asthetic version of connectivity.
    Last edited by Shian; June 16th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I've also seen in some dragon lairs, machine chambers used in place of a corridor for a more asthetic version of connectivity.
    That's how my lair works; I have less than 5 corridors per level and no spirals to speak of. Boy, that took a long time to plan out just right... XD
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Definatly!

oh yea, due to my fabulous lovely location (thanks to all my friends back when they went up for sale...) I have no craft chambers turned "on" (i'm by the shrine in Chic) - they are merely for attractivness and vareity sake. So they are prtty much ALL used for asthetic connectivity and I wanted to keep the plain ol' corridors down to a minimum.

Though I will be turning on a few of the machines, because I like the look of them (the swirly blue ball is cool...lol).

Have to see what the cauldron chamber looks like and see if its neato .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Well I'm hoping the cauldron isn't just a biped cauldron sitting in an otherwise empty room. Something like a small valcano would be very nice.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

But I need a pot to cook my gnomes!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Well I'm hoping the cauldron isn't just a biped cauldron sitting in an otherwise empty room. Something like a small valcano would be very nice.
    It isn't. Its an entirely new machine in an entirely new chamber.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    That sounds cool!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    So the one currently on Blight is temporary? I saw one the other day and it was just a small pot in an empty room... a very small pot, compared to the size of the chamber

Would be cool if they took the claw that holds vault/consigners and turned it up so it looked like it was holding a huge pot... more work I know, but it will be interesting to see what they have planned
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

You haven't seen the new one yet. Its not on blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information