Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jewely Crystal of Dragon Breath

Default Jewely Crystal of Dragon Breath

As you had reintroduced the Jewely Crystals of Primal and Tooth&Claw, maybe you will consider to add also a Jewely Crystal of Dragon Breath that will give + Dragon Breath skill when it is socketed into a head scale.

Would be nice because bipeds also have for every skill a jewely crystal I think, through I never saw a Jewely crystal of life

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Default Re: Jewely Crystal of Dragon Breath

also a dragon crafter's cog (scalecraft/crystalshaping/lairshaping) please :3

Ooh please please please!

I love Dragon Breath, tech it on everything and wish so much that it was in training points too! To me the best known weapon of a dragon is it's breath, it needs more love than it currently has.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I think with as little as breath gets used and with linked timers the technique isnt very useful nor do I thin kteh dragons breath crystal will see much use. I dont use skill crystals much at all anyhow.

However, for completions sake, both dragons breath and life ( I know it helps the bipeds, sue me;p) skill crystals should be included.

I also support a dragoncrafter cog, since we are getting our very own tool claws now, I figure...why not?
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

I use breath and Breath Techs my self. I would not mind seeing such a scale. I love hitting for about 900 damage with my BOF 3

I think with as little as breath gets used
    I can only speak on L1-65, but especially with the recent hoard addition to Drain Strike, having 30sec-refresh, non hoard-consuming ability is pretty darn spiffy if you ask me. It's definitely a part of my normal melee cycle; with the Embers quest is completed, the DoT is quite nice when it fires.

Anyways, all that to say I agree that a Breath crystal would be great, as would a Life crystal for bipeds (for the small boost to heals as well as some minor love for mysticlolblaze).
    Last edited by Steele; June 16th, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

teching lots of scales for it is a waste of comps nad space its only three abi.ites, where as, a statisitc, or skill like tooth and claw, or primal will be used far more often. I'm a huge efficiency guy though.

Breath as it stands is only good hwne i run out of useful buttons to hit, need to dispell, or to use BOFB....and I still say hoard is not an issue after a certain point. Such is my opinion and I am not against adding the crystals.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

NP Silverblaze; I wasn't commenting on teching scales since the thread isn't about that. I was only talking about why Grakk uses the ability, and that it would be a nice addition as a crystal.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

It may not be as useful as stats to some, but others like to use it 'just because'. You think dragon and fiery breath is the first thing you think of, so it would be nice to get some love to this skill.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I use breath and Breath Techs my self. I would not mind seeing such a scale. I love hitting for about 900 damage with my BOF 3

does not dragon breath skill only increase our chance to hit? and even with a xtal and the rest of the scales teched does 263 extra dragon breath from scales really contribues that much dmg to our standard bof3?
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

I am not sure. I was told Power effect dragon breath. I assume that Power and Breath Skill will effect to-hit and damage just like power and primal effect spell to hit and damage and T&C and Str effect melee damage and to-hit.

BOF3 Giant Ice Beetles I get 900+ damage on every one.

I will have to pull off my power/breath scales if I think about it and see how much my damage goes down then try with some of my power craft scales to see how damage goes.

Dragon Breath 5% power, 2% str, 2% focus, 1% dex

If I have read it right, dragon breath will only apply 1/3rd of the damage dealt. The rest comes from strength.

Unless its classed as a magical attack where the 2/3rd will come from power and 1/3rd Dragon breath.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

It is power based.

It is power based.
    ahh so high power does give us better burning power XD. Nice to know
    Clicky and help em grow http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/57753

It is power based.
    That would mean that it is a magical attack then?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

No clue. I just know Amon said it was based on power. and the skill would be Dragon Breath.

I know we're a little off topic but I wanted to insert a small clarification.

Magic versus melee isn't what's important - what should matter are the "attack skill" (Dragon Breath) and "damage type" (Fire/Lightning/Ice) that are used to determine your Breath hit rate & damage.

Dragon Breath skill = 5% power, 2% str, 2% focus, 1% dex
    Just for clarity, this means that for every 100 Power your character has, it receives 5 more adjusted (ie, added on top of your base skill) Dragon Breath skill points; every 100 Strength adds 2 skill points, every 100 Focus adds 2 skill points, and every 100 Dexterity adds 1 skill point.

Dragon Breath damage = <insert damage equation here>
    Breath damage will increase from the listed base damage according to, among other things, an increase in your character's Power. Your hoard level may also adjust damage upward, and I believe increasing Dragon Breath skill will also adjust damage upward a small amount (in addition to a much more significant increase in hit%). Your target's Armor and their specific elemental Resistance will adjust damage downward.

If I had to guess, even though it's fueled by Power the ability is melee-based, such that incoming breath attacks check the target's Evasion (as opposed to Magic Evasion)... and since the Attack Type is Dragon Breath, I don't believe Fire/Lightning/Ice Wards would apply, even though damage is elemental-based.

In a similar hypothetical case, as I was reminded the other night by a friend in-game: even though I might cast Flame Attack on my maul, the Attack Type which determines hit% is still 2HC. My character's Strength, not Power, will adjust damage upward. My target's Crush Ward and (non-magical) Evasion should still apply to avoidance, though damage should be mitigated by Flame Resistance instead of Crush Resistance (in addition to my target's Armor).

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Steele; June 19th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.

900 damage i only do max 200 !

would like to know how you do it please
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Max power TP, Power scales and Teched with breath weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    900 damage i only do max 200 !

would like to know how you do it please
    max of 200 shouldn't be possible on Breath of FLame Burst. The base damage is much higher than that. From personal use, and with no power techs or breath techs, my Breath of Flame Burst usually does 900ish on giant ice beetles as well.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information