Thread: locks of love

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default locks of love

so i get up tuesday and decide i really need to clean my room - more of a basement apartment minus the kitchen facilities - so i start up the vac and begin to run it in the bathroom. i notice it ain't picking up shite just before i notice the distinctive smell of burning belt.
    i tip the **** thing over and you can't see the brush bristles for the hair......i have to literally cut it off with the hair scissors i use on my long haired cat. no wonder it ain't picking up and the belt is fried! the brush can't even move for the hair encrustation!
    so of course i need a new belt, but i get to thinking that this happens a lot and my hair is really long and thick and i am really hating the stray strands that find their way into everything (i do mean every everything!), the clogged drains, the tangles and 15 different brushes and the fortune in hair fru-frus.........
    and then i started thinking about a charity i had heard about on 'shear genius' called locks for love. they take hair donations and turn them in to wigs for children with temporary hair loss.

so, thursday i had 11+ inches of hair (20+ years worth of growth) cut off and now i have a very curly version of posh spice's hairstyle:

only very very curly!

so anyway - i donated all that hair (the ponytail was as big around as an american quarter piece) to http://www.locksoflove.org
    check it out, they take montary donations as well!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Re: locks of love

I learned about it from my vocational teacher in highschool. I've donated to Locks of Love a couple of times since then. In fact im slowly growing out my hair again for it. Very good organization.

When I do finally decide to chop off my hair (I can just sit on it currently) it will get donated.

Right now, I just hate when I get accused of being "selfish" with my hair and I need to donate it now. grr...and yes people really do say that!

My hubby and I both have long hair so I know exactly how you feel about the vacuum and drains. Yuck!

Growing up, me and the other girls donated every year.

Was just more simple! cut it in spring and have nice short hair for the summer months, then in winter when you need the hair to keep your head warm, grow it long. Cut it in spring...

oh wow. If I cut my hair again I will keep this in mind.

20+ years of growth? Wow! I'm only 14 and I've donated a few times. ^^; I donated 12 inches a month or two ago, in fact, and my hair is still past my shoulders. xD
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

enjoy it while it lasts, scal!! the older you get, the thinner and slower your hair grows (yes, that punishment is in addition to the greys)....
    but i am still very proud of my hair. it has always been lovely curly and i have always been proud to be a brunette. that's why i would rather pluck out the greys than color my hair - never found any dye job that could do justice to my rich mulitfaceted chestnut mane.....

(am i vain? don't ask!! )
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information