Thread: One too many Pawn Brokers

Default One too many Pawn Brokers

I noticed that there wasn't a place in Kion, New Trismus or Sslanis for a tavernkeeper for low level adventurers. (Or am I just missing where they are at?) In any case, I noticed that there were two Pawn Brokers and one Consigner in Kion. Is there really a need for two Pawn Brokers? Wouldn't Rinos (the one that doesn't have a quest, last I remember) be better if he changed careers (too much competition from Marcus) and started serving meals instead of items? Or Marcus could be the tavern keeper. It's just a thought.

Karya

Default Re: One too many Pawn Brokers

The main idea was to encourage players to build their own Taverns. That is why there are only three NPC Tavernkeepers in Istaria (New Trismus, Dalimond and Aughundell).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There is also a tavern @ the arena, which used to be the only one which provided a bonus.

I'm not sure if technically the arena is part of istaria.

I go to the arena one all the time>.> I dont have to worry about where or when the taverns are. (they go up an eventually go down)
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Oh I didn't know that there was a tavern keeper in NT... I'll have to look for him/her then. Thanks!

Karya

You make a good point about having two PBs in Kion, though. What's the point of having two NPCs in the same town that do the same thing, apart from the fact that then you can sell twice as many items?

Don't care either way about tavern keepers myself, though... I never use food. I know others do, though.
    <----clicky!

Hey,

Don't be hating on the PB's....
    Some of us actually sell resources to them.

enough to fill up two in the same town?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, I know Tagath does a fairly good job of filling up Dralk with bonus resources from when we're processing lairshaping items.

It's possible.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I used Kion alot because there was two pb, cut down your coin loss when pawning large quantities of goods having two pbs two split it up on.

same here
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The main idea was to encourage players to build their own Taverns. That is why there are only three NPC Tavernkeepers in Istaria (New Trismus, Dalimond and Aughundell).
    There is a tavern in NT, but no tavernkeeper! I looked all over the place but no tavernkeeper.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I can only find two of the three you have listed Amon. The tavern building in New Trismus' village square does not have a tavernkeeper on Order. Also the only tavernkeeper/tavern of the three that has the tavern bonus is the one in Aughundell. Both Dalimond's & New Trismus' bonuses are absent.

It also would really be a help if in the Empire Consigner list ( http://community.istaria.com/consigners ) the listing the town location of the tavernkeepers would be added. It is nice to know the food exists, but it is frustrating to try to figure out where the Empire tavernkeeper is that has the food you wish to buy.

Nellie Lovett, Mad cook of Carmo
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Thread Information