Thread: Interface contantly resets

Unhappy Interface contantly resets

Hello!

Very frustrating problem here.. Ever since the last big update, my user interface resets itself to the default every time I load the game. I add windows and buttons, and they're gone next time I load the game.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Interface contantly resets

it happened to me once when i logged in for the first time after the update, but just the once, so far......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

It might be when Istaria closes it is not saving your preferences properly. In a chat window in-game, if you type:

/saveui

it should save your latest preferences. To test, type:

/loadui

and that should restore your last saved preferences. Maybe that will make it "sticky"?

(Tyrany had/has the same pob)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

This is still causing me nasty problems. /saveui and /loadui don't seem to do a thing. Has anyone found a solution to this?

A bit of new information; I've discovered that the interface is never saved nor read, whether automatically or with commands. In fact, if I remove my character's prefs folder, it is never re-created.

There is an option on the game's launcher called "Reset Game Preferences to Default".

If you have that checked, then the prefs won't save when you log out.

Please confirm that this option is NOT checked on your launcher.

Please note that there is a very new patcher/launcher that has been released to Live, and an even newer one on Blight (as in, as of today), so it is possible that your Launcher Preferences aren't what you think they are.

To see your current launcher preferences, start the Launcher.exe, enter your login information, and on the "Select your Character" page, there is a "Patcher Options" button.

(slightly OT)

V are there are notes on what the changes for the Launcher are?
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Nope, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    There is an option on the game's launcher called "Reset Game Preferences to Default".

If you have that checked, then the prefs won't save when you log out.

Please confirm that this option is NOT checked on your launcher.

Please note that there is a very new patcher/launcher that has been released to Live, and an even newer one on Blight (as in, as of today), so it is possible that your Launcher Preferences aren't what you think they are.

To see your current launcher preferences, start the Launcher.exe, enter your login information, and on the "Select your Character" page, there is a "Patcher Options" button.

Nope, that didn't help. I even traced that preference to the ResetPrefs field in ClientPrefs_Launch.def file, but it was properly set to false. One interesting note is that this is only a problem with character-specific preferences. The universal graphics settings and the like save just fine.

Thanks for the tip, though; I hadn't thought of that.

Have you tried doing a total uninstall (remove folders) and then reinstall?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah, twice. Once from the original Horizons CDs and once from the download from the website. Neither made things any different.

Thread Information