Thread: Rune Doll: Comments

Default Rune Doll: Comments

Whoa, that's good.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Default Re: Rune Doll: Comments

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Veruliyam. And thank you for the comment thread!

I didn't want to break up the story with comments.

Third installment read! More twists and turns, like an ancient oak!
    Last edited by Veruliyam; May 21st, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Heheh...Not quite an old oak, Veruliyam; more something happy to borrow the look of one. I admit I'm not being very subtle in this.

I finally took time to read through it all... wowsers, excellent story!!

Happy to know at least two folks are reading and enjoying it, then. Thank you, awdz! Hope you continue to like the plot. ^.^

:-/ I'm not so sure I like the latest turn of events...
    *lives in a happy-go-lucky state and does not deal well with nastiness gaining the upper hand*
    ... but captivating!

Happy go lucky plots make for short lived stories, unfortunately. ^^; I like happy endings but only once they've been well earned by the characters. At least I'm keeping your interest despite the baddies, I hope.

I'll probably have the next part done in a day or two; storm decided it wanted to play with lightening so my writing got cut short today. >.>;

Heheh. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well I'm afraid I've got some semi-bad news. Of people who've read both Rune Doll and Forgotten Prince; they were liking Rune Doll a great deal more. As such, I'm going to be taking Rune Doll in place of Forgotten Prince as the one I intend to get published.

The downside is that means no further posting online; a company won't take it if all or most of it has already been posted. (That does count as published.) So thank you for reading this far. I hope you'll look for it if/when I can find a publisher.

aww crumblies, very cruel to tease us so far... i'll have to look for the book when it's on the shelves, i want to read the rest!!
    congratulations on the publishers' interest in your work, it is well deserved :-)

Hey, at least I know I'm likely to sell two books if it makes the cut. Evil teasing for the win~! -Just kidding. ^.^!

I don't currently have a publisher but if I keep posting pieces up, I'll never get one since they'd actively question if it's even mine if it appeared in its entirety or nearly so online. =/ Sucks since I like to share my work but I can see the logic behind their policies there. Imagine all the lawsuits otherwise.

so any word on when we can get a copy? any luck yet?
    *hopes publishers actually look at the work and see the excellent quality*
    i'm still hanging, waiting for more...

Sadly no; reality got in the way of my writing and I couldn't complete the manuscript in time. This one is going to simply have to stay an independent online work I guess; so when I get some time and energy back (likely post-holidays) I'll start with posting some updates again.

Looks like I'll never be published as anything but a poet since deadlines are the bane of me, but I can still share my works at least.

aww crumblies... what kind of deadline were you given? can you resubmit?

Basically it was requested I have a certain page count by a particular date; I couldn't deliver. I tend to care a bit too much about double checking my own work rather than trusting entirely to an editor so...yeah. Slow going on the typing and I fell very far behind.

After careful consideration, I've come to the determination that being a professional writer is just not in the cards for me. The stress of trying to get something done in a set period of time simply dries up the creativity. I'm going to be redoing several of Rune Doll's chapters simply because the later ones I was doing to try to meet that deadline don't make me very happy. Alex and Sa`lene fell out of the plot almost completely (I want the story to be two pronged even if the emphasis IS on Ryan and Ingvar's thread) and character interaction got very stiff.

Now, if I could just find someone who would print saga-style poetry, I'd be all set for becoming some kind of published 'professional'. *L* It's never going to happen on my solo ventures into prose, however. It was sucking all the enjoyment out of writing for me.

easiest way to deal with that kind of deadlines issue... finish the story you want, and resubmit as though it was only partially written so that it's just editing changes you need to worry about. i definitely think you should get this one officially published.

True; I'd just have to avoid being contracted and thus held to deadlines. Not the best way to go about being a professional but it'd be a way to get published.

I'm in the process of rewriting several of the later chapters now; might just throw them out and start over again from chapter (well more like segment) ten. Anselm was coming across as a cowardly almost villain in later parts. He's hardly supposed to be a "tried and true" friend but he's not meant to be that abrasive to the mains either. The Elven concept of "I like you" in this world is along the lines of "I tolerate you and your idiocy" not "Rawr, you're an idiot!".

Thread Information