Thread: Biped abilities

Default Biped abilities

As we all know, our winged friends have quests which gives them abilities that they wouldn't get if they wouldn't quest.

I think it might be a nice idea to make such quests for bipeds.

These could be racial or school based.

I think these abilities could be level based of time of creation based like ARoP.

Default Re: Biped abilities

Good idea, while I personally would prefer Quality over Quantity in a sence that I would love quests every 20 lvls and make them more envolving that the 13 in a dozen "kill X amount of Y Mob".
    Although it is atleast a whole lot better then not having a quest at all.

Maybe it could be combined with a quest submission contest. (just a thought)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Good idea, while I personally would prefer Quality over Quantity in a sence that I would love quests every 20 lvls and make them more envolving that the 13 in a dozen "kill X amount of Y Mob".
    Although it is atleast a whole lot better then not having a quest at all.

Maybe it could be combined with a quest submission contest. (just a thought)
    Would be great, actually.. Most of what a biped has to do quest wise is either questing just to quest with no gain out of it, doing attunement missions, doing emblem missions, or helping Dragons with their RoP. (This is why I like that Dragons must turn to a biped for parts of their RoP, because bipeds just don't have anything else to do! It's kinda nice to actually be able to do something that has a lot of meaning. Atleast for me it is, anyway. >.>)

dragons have kill x of y quests for craft and adventure every 10 levels i would LOVE to see this happen, to gain ablities and some experiance to help level that wouldnt be effected by rating. one of the most painful things is rating for a biped..

just switched to monk level 1 rating 113.... :P

I have always felt for my biped breathren in not having quests every 10 levels (for abilities or not, just having the quests!).

I can honestly say that if the dragon experience had been like the biped experience as I was growing up, I never would have made it to my RoP.

Now we have more quests overall now, which is fabo! But yes, the biped options still need more!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Actually being used to playing Dragons from the first second I started playing I was kind of surprised by the fact that bipeds hardly had any quests. At least the way I understood it was that Dragons have only 1 school and thus get loads of quests while bipeds have the ability to multi-level...
    If the above statement is true I have no idea, but that is all I knew while "growing" up and I can honestly say that it is good to see more multi-racial (biped) quests added to the game.

Depending on how much people are willing to give the whole quest writing a try. All we need are ideas and a word from the developers to state if they agree or not with this idea and if yes... Certain guidelines if new abilities (passive and or active) are allowed or that existing abilities could become “receive after quest”.

Just in case people are interested…
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17887
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

You are more than welcome to submit quests. You can see the rules in that thread. We reserve the right to refuse any that we wish or to change them as we see fit. There is no ETA for review or for entry if they are accepted. No special treatment or recognition will be given. Rewards can be suggested, but we reserve the right to add, remove, change them as we see fit.

I've included a sample script below. This is how we record them internally and it helps with the entry. Note, if you want to do a branching quest, please don't. They are super complicated and the system doesn't support them well.

== Sample Script ==

Quest Name
    A Spicy Snack for the Famished Miner

Quest Keyword
    QUEST_Conf_T3_Rare_Food_Famished_Miner_Eels

Description
    Feed the Famished Miner in exchange for a rare food formula.

Constraints

• Active school=Confectioner
    • Current level=40
    • Quest complete, Feed the Famished Miner.

Quest Steps

• Step 1: Get Quest
      • Time Out 0,0
      • Talk Famished Miner: Brobbet’s beard, if it isn’t %N%! Thanks again for bringing me dinner – really hit the spot, it did. Wait, you’re actually a Confectioner? Well, don’t that just beat all… Say, might you be interested in earnin’ a wee bit of coin? I’ve been hankerin’ fer something kind of special. Had it just once, years ago, <!--ST 1457362 1> but hoo-yaa, it was somethin’ else!<!--/ST>

• Step 2: Miner 2
      • Talk miner: It was a mess of fresh eels, sliced into bite-sized chunks and covered in some kind of spicy-hot sauce. I remember the feller what made it saying that that he got the eel from a fisherman in Kion. Maybe that fisherman knows the recipe. If you can find the recipe and whip me up, say, five servings or so, I’ll make it worth your while.

• Step 3: Locate the fisherman in Kion and ask about the mysterious eel recipe.
      • Talk Bammas: Eels? Well, yes, I catch them from time to time. Most of the time I sell them to Fillet, rather than cooking them myself. Eels in hot sauce, though, that I’m not familiar with. Now, I do remember one time a few years ago when one of Estelwen’s Gifted friends came to me and bought three or four good-sized eels for a party of some kind. That’s the only thing that comes to mind, I’m afraid. Maybe Estelwen can tell you more.

• Step 4: Speak with Estelwen
      • Talk Estelwen: Eels in hot sauce? You know, I do have a recipe for something like that. A Gifted friend of mine, Diput, invented the recipe a few years ago. The dish is a little too hot for most of my clients, but dwarves seem to enjoy it a great deal. Give me a minute to make a copy for you.

• Step 5: Wait while Estelwen makes a copy of the recipe for you.
      • time out 60
      • Feedback: Estelwen seems to be finished copying the recipe for you

• Step 6: Speak to Estelwen again
      • Talk Estelwen: There you are, %N%. I hope this is what you are looking for. At least it certainly sounds like the dish you were describing. Best of luck to you!
      • Give item: Formula: Rare Main: Diput’s Flamin’ Eels

• Step 7: Create 5 servings of Diput’s Flamin’ Eels for the Famished Miner
      • Craft item: Diput’s Flamin’ Eels x5
      • Feedback: That’s a lot of hot and spicy eels. Hopefully the Famished Miner really is famished.

• Step 8: Take the five servings of Diput’s Flamin’ Eels to the Famished Miner.
      • Delete item: Diput’s Flamin’ Eels x5
      • Talk Miner: Hooo-yaaa, that’ll put some spring in yer britches! That’s some mighty fine confectioneerin’ there, %N%, I tell you what. Money well spent, this is. Speakin’ of which, I have yer reward right here, and a little something extra I found down in the mine one day. I’m guessin’ that one of your Gifted friends dropped this while exchangin’ pleasantries with a golem or three. Hope it’s in a way of bein’ useful to ya’!
      • Cash reward: 25 silver
      • XP reward: 5000 craft
      • Give item if new: Rare Main: Shalindra's Lamb Stew

• Step 9: End quest
      • Mark quest complete
      • Destroy Quest

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information