Thread: Help Boost Economy - Allow Simultaneous Customization of Multiple Items

Default Help Boost Economy - Allow Simultaneous Customization of Multiple Items

I was cleaning up my inventory, after a couple of days of hard hunting, and something occurred to me...

When I hunt, I collect a LOT of stuff. Forms, crystals, tech comps, etc. Every time I go to clean out my inventory of this (mostly) unwanted stuff, I still have the habit of running to the connies to unload it - and ending up never putting stuff on the connie....and ultimately dumping it all on the nearest T6 PB....here's why...

Whenever I go to the connie and start preparing to load it up with my loot, I get daunted by the fact that I generally have 50-60 forms, 50-60 crystals, and about a dozen or so tech comps I am willing to get rid of - each one of which, I have to individually right-click on, select 'customize, get my mouse cursor into the tiny little price box, set a price, and click 'okay'. Yes, this process only takes about 10-15 seconds to accomplish - but multiply that by about 120 items I am trying to get rid of, and suddenly I am standing in front of the connie for 30 minutes, just preparing to put items on it.

It is too much. I am not willing to spend that much of my valuable play time doing all that, just to keep items 'in circulation'. Almost everyone I have talked to does the same thing.

So - everyone wants to boost the in-game economy, right? And the main vehicle we, as players, have to do that is using the connies, right?

So here is what I suggest - help motivate players to use the connies more by making it so we can select multiple items in our inventories (as in when in list view), and 'customize' (set price on) many items at the same time.

I know I would be FAR more willing to use the connies more often, if this were implemented.

EDIT: Just to clarify - I am just suggesting that we be able to set *one* price across multiple items...Not selecting multiple items and setting many different prices...
    Last edited by Radamanthas; April 2nd, 2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Clarification

Thumbs up Re: Help Boost Economy - Allow Simultaneous Customization of Multiple Items

I think that this is a great suggestion. Other than the coding and QA time needed to implement this, I can see no down side to it and a lot of positives. I've wished for this myself upon occasion and I usually have nowhere near the number of items to sell that Rad has.

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Default Re: Help Boost Economy - Allow Simultaneous Customization of Multiple Items

I don't end up with that many at once as I am too much the pack rat to have that much free stack space in my scalepack. BUT you don't need to set the prices before putting the item in the consigner trade window. I toss each item up. connie asks what price I want, I slap a number in and hit ok. Then if I have multiple items of the same I have to hit another ok for how many to sell. But that goes quickly if you have a pile of forms, I generally list the same prices for forms of the same teir. Just remember the connie has a limit of how many you can load up in the sell window at a time. I have tripped myself up by trying to put too many up at once and have to redo things. (without hitting the deal completion button to clear the selling window)

Dracaena

Default Re: Help Boost Economy - Allow Simultaneous Customization of Multiple Items

If this can be done, it'd be nice to see. Setting prices for consignment - even when doing it directly at the consigner - is probably one of the bigger reasons people pawn things like expert formulas. Setting prices is a chore, having to click on the price box and delete the zero if you're not using it on every single item.. It's even more of a chore when you're setting the same price on a lot of items, which is often the case.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I don't end up with that many at once as I am too much the pack rat to have that much free stack space in my scalepack. BUT you don't need to set the prices before putting the item in the consigner trade window. I toss each item up. connie asks what price I want, I slap a number in and hit ok. Then if I have multiple items of the same I have to hit another ok for how many to sell. But that goes quickly if you have a pile of forms, I generally list the same prices for forms of the same teir. Just remember the connie has a limit of how many you can load up in the sell window at a time. I have tripped myself up by trying to put too many up at once and have to redo things. (without hitting the deal completion button to clear the selling window)

Dracaena
    Nod...I have done it this way too, when I actually sell on the connie (which I do do - I don't want to give the impression that I NEVER use a connie...but it is rare). But even this way - for me - it is far too time consuming. I think - again, for me - that the hardest part about the whole process is that the little box where you type in a price is very hard to see, for me. Once I get it clicked it, it actually takes me a moment to tell if the cursor landed before or after the '0' that the box has in it by default. It makes a difference, as if it happens to land after the '0' then whatever price I enter is what it sets to (the game ignores preceding zeros), but if the cursor happens to land before the '0' then I end up selling things for 10 times what I meant to. (250C instead of 25C, for example)

That suggestion is helpful a bit, Dracaena, but as for me, I know that I will continue to eschew the connies in favor of the PB's unless/until something can be done to change the mechanics of how the connies work...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post

Dracaena

I do that too when the items are stackable; and, in that case, I have no problem with it. My frustration comes when I have crafted a lot of identical items which do not stack and I have to go through the process of setting the same price on each of them individually over and over again.

I realize that Rad was talking about items that dropped while hunting (not crafted) but I think the same idea for the connie applies for non-stackable items regardless of how they were acquired. Also, when I have a lot of forms that dropped while hunting I typically put them all up for the same price (assuming they are all of the same tier). Since only the identical ones stack, I still have to set prices individually for each stack.

Or have I missed something really obvious here? (quite possible haha).

Sent

I feel your pain Radamanthas and when I thought about your post it makes a whole lot of sense .

This is indeed very time consuming of our valuable subscription time, and would be wonderful if the devs would implement this . However the way I see it there is 2 issues with the chaos economy (learned about this when I burnt myself out and needed to take a break from Istaria and went to a new game (Well new for me) yes i am back and will never fully leave )

Issue number 1

Yes thank the gods Istarias on the mend and even growing however we got all these craft classes and no use (Unless you got a plot ) for them except for them to be “they’re in case I need to make something quickly . “

One way to solve.

Well to actually “turn the key “ in the economic engine there needs to be a reason for mass and bulk crafting of goods. I said this once and from a warrior in game perspective the answer is simple and would almost substantially increase renewal rates. If there is a constant surprise attacks that acutely damages towns and cities from the sheer force of the attack. That will stimulate all the craft school talents. Before you say oh boy he’s toting the raid banner again*sigh* /ignore. Hear me out.

If an attack happened that damages plots on all levels well we are going to need an army to push them back ( Defeating the withered aegis and blight is in my mind one of the main goals in the game ). That army is going to have many people in need of different types of armor due to the wide variety of monsters that stimulates both comp hunters (Like myself ) and weapon / armor makers . Well that’s only 2 craft classes so far you say keep reading. Alchemist are going to be in high demand we don’t want our brave warriors going in to battle without enhancements now do we? Even with Alchemists nifty skills sadly even myself cant outwit death for very long. Here comes the confectioner to the rescue! Oh crap my level of spells are not cutting it I think its time for some new spells *Checks level * yep now where is our scholars and spell craftsmen, and when the battle is done the living races will need to pick up the burned ruins of the towns and recreate what was destroyed (Enter in your building schools including Lair shaping *Cringe*)

great you got the economy flowing but all the uber leet players can repair the towns that leaves out the new blood … well this is where we will need to be willing to spread the work around if something is broken and no one is working on it by all means work on it but if you see a nube then let him craft his little heart out .

Now that’s good in theory but hears the second issue

upon my journey to another game I was treated like a complete and utter idiot due to my Kindness factor I would get items that would make me very wealthy and I normally would not charge or charge very little for them. I lived on the premises if I had what I need then I should not get greedy and half price or if they could not afford that and actually needed it I would just give it to them. This concept was kind of alien to me in the beginning. now I actually charge but only about 75 % cause there is no need for gold as long as you got good friends why charge ? So well being kind is good and let’s keep the friendly player base as much as possible (and I might regret stating this and I don’t mean to offend ) Being over kind hurts the game economy and I am extremely guilty of this myself especially to the new blood that enters the game. if they need a start I normally craft them there whole T1 set of armor and weapons free teched. Visiting that other game thought me that you over all hurt the game economics if the vast majority dose this, and in the circles I am in we do .

with this implementation (If occurs ) it will indeed have people wanting a piece of the blight /withered ages some of the more computer talented of us could pop up a few videos on youtube veho ect and players from all walks of the gaming community might sub up to check out what all this buzz that the vet players are creating is about they will tell there friends and it “Should snow ball “ it WILL NOT BE IMMEDIATE how ever when the revenue permits rick in company will most likely upgrade the hard ware to cut down on the lag and improve the game function the team will expand and Istaria will be back to its former glory if not even better .

Yes old habits will need to die so I suggest if the devs are going to implement your suggestion they should also implement an average retail price on the items to get us started . Most games have this in one way or another any one play rappezl will know exactly what I am saying.

My 2 cents
    Epion Order of talon
    Last edited by lightning claw; April 3rd, 2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: an extra letter snuck in the post /removed
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SentientSeeker View Post
    I do that too when the items are stackable; and, in that case, I have no problem with it. My frustration comes when I have crafted a lot of identical items which do not stack and I have to go through the process of setting the same price on each of them individually over and over again.

I realize that Rad was talking about items that dropped while hunting (not crafted) but I think the same idea for the connie applies for non-stackable items regardless of how they were acquired. Also, when I have a lot of forms that dropped while hunting I typically put them all up for the same price (assuming they are all of the same tier). Since only the identical ones stack, I still have to set prices individually for each stack.

Or have I missed something really obvious here? (quite possible haha).

Sent
    My apologies for the x2 post there is a way to put a price on your bulk crafted items in the item creation window there is a littel bare right above the requirements window where you can put your price for your good
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thank you very much for posting that, Radamanthas.
    I support you idea in all points.

It often gnaws at my conscience, when I pawn all that tons of precious stuff.
    But as you said, it takes a lot of time to put it in consi,
    and our houses and lair rooms are full.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    My apologies for the x2 post there is a way to put a price on your bulk crafted items in the item creation window there is a littel bare right above the requirements window where you can put your price for your good

Thanks for the tip, Epi! Now all I have to do is remember to do it LOL

Sent

Quote Originally Posted by SentientSeeker View Post
    Sent
    What you want to do there is set the price in the item creation window. Then hit *craft* button for say 20 Radiant Scalepacks, and all are created and priced in one click. The just go drag them to connie.

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    It is too much. I am not willing to spend that much of my valuable play time doing all that, just to keep items 'in circulation'. Almost everyone I have talked to does the same thing.
    Well sell t6 crystals for 20s, all you have to do is click before the 0 in the window for the silver amount, press 2, click ok. Set forms at 5s its one number to press as well: click in the silver field behind the 0 this time, click 5, click ok. If you are setting uneven prices such as 999cp then yeah it takes longer.

I do get the point of you suggestion tho. Perhaps having a small field of pre-defined price-points we can select from a menu as we consign things... Or to me the better solution would be to be able to right click (a selected list in my inventory of formulas) and set price for all the items at once. Then all you would need to do is view inventory in list mode, sort by item type, then select first formula - press and hold shift - click on last formula in the list (now all formulas are selected), right click the selected list - set price across multiple items - enter the price the normal way (you can click in the fields and type numbers, you do not need to click the up and down arrows), done. This would make it much faster.
    Last edited by Guaran; April 4th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    ... Or to me the better solution would be to be able to right click (a selected list in my inventory of formulas) and set price for all the items at once. Then all you would need to do is view inventory in list mode, sort by item type, then select first formula - press and hold shift - click on last formula in the list (now all formulas are selected), right click the selected list - set price across multiple items - enter the price the normal way (you can click in the fields and type numbers, you do not need to click the up and down arrows), done. This would make it much faster.
    Brilliant idea!!

Actually, this last time I tried something a little different: Instead of waiting until I am at the connie, to set prices, I instead tried to set prices as I looted stuff from mobs... it still was a bit dodgy as often I was trying to deal with 4-5 Bal'kuk Warriors and such....but at least this time, I got a pile of stuff onto the Brist connie...too bad I could only place 60 items on it, at a time

Thread Information