Thread: New Player!!!

Default New Player!!!

Greetings

How is everyone?

My real name is Avguste and my character name is Ikki Phoenix.
    I found about Istaria on MMORPG and after reading about it,how it was a sandbox game and such, I decided to try it out.
    So I downloaded and installed the game yesterday and currently working on quests in the newbie island.

So far,I have to say that I like what I am seeing,except maybe for the fact that I didnt see/talk to that many players.But maybe that was due to the time of the day and the fact that I am still in the newbie island.
    In any case,I am currently using the Demo account and I plan on sticking and learning the game.Who knows?I may very well subscribe soon

I read that the game has a new management, which brings updates. So I do have a few questions as well:

1.how often is the game being getting patches?

2.Seeing the current game graphics,are there any plans on reworking the graphics,update the graphics engine?

Thank you and I hope to see many of you in game

Default Re: New Player!!!

The "new" management has had the game for about 2 years now, and consist largly of people who were here under the game's original owners. <Not the folks they bought it from, those folks were evil, and almost killed the game, but from before that XD>

They update quite frequently, I've not paid a whole lot of attention but we probably see patches that have bug fixes and the like once a month or so? Major game updates (I.E. Dralnoks Doom) not as often of course, the next major update will be for low-mid teir ( aka teir 2 or lvls 21-40) which will change a large portion of land.

As far as upgrading the graphics, thats very far off in the future, if it ever happens. As the team itself is very small, and focusing more on fixing bugs, and improving playability and game experience, rather than eye-candy.

Oh and Welcome to Istaria!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

welcome home, avg!! once again, we have gods that love us and our home. fortunes have turned for the best and we are glad you decided to come home at this time and not a few years earlier!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

welcome Avguste/Ikki I am well and happy to see new players

i am glad that so far you are enjoying your self its a lovely world. sorry you didnt run into many people but yes during the day on a week day is pry not the best time to see most xD

what shard are you residing on?

I am on chaos feel free to send a tell to any of my characters if you see them Lolaya my saris or Agua my dragon

(since your new ill explain a tell if you dont know /tell is to send a message to a specific player.. so /tell Agua goes a message to me.. opens a new chat tab.. and we can talk there ^^ however if im not online it wont work and in main window will say agua is not online. pretty simple happy playing

Aywren

Hello and welcome Ikki!

Take your time and enjoy all that Istaria has to offer. The game is deep with a lot of complexities -- and as was stated above -- there are a lot of big changes coming for the new lower level characters very soon!

Let us know what server you are playing on -- if you're on Chaos, feel free to look me up! I'll either be on my dragon (Kudako) or my bi-ped (Aywren).

Otherwise, don't be afraid to start up a chat in the New Player Assistance channel. Folks tend to be more than happy to help whenever you need it.

Cool Re: New Player!!!

Welome to Istaria, Ikki! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I am on the Chaos server; which server are you on?

Looking forward to seeing you in game,
    Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

*serves avguste some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome to istaria! :-)

Thank you for the welcome
    I am on the non-pvp server(Chaos me thinks)

Quote Originally Posted by avguste View Post
    Thank you for the welcome
    I am on the non-pvp server(Chaos me thinks)
    There are no PvP servers in Istaria, nor is PvP really much of a part of the game at all. I'm guessing you mistook Order's RP tag for one that says PvP. x]

Welcome to the game in any case~.

The game gets patched every few months generally. I doubt there will be a graphics engine overhaul, but really Istaria's graphics aren't that bad, imo.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Yea,you are right. I meant no RP server

As far as graphics, I do agree that the graphic engine is good/ok(I especially like the change between night/day),however I also think that new graphics would help attract more players.

One more question concerning the devs.Are the devs actually listening to the community's comments/wishes?

As long as its put forth in a calm and clear manner, yes. Overall this game has a higher interaction between dev and player base of any mmo out there.

After long month way, I am strongly considering restarting Istaria.

How is the population?Has it grown since October 2009?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

as always, peeps come and go, avg.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information