Thread: Teleport 'unavailable'

Default Teleport 'unavailable'

The few days i'm back, I already seen lots of confusion in the chats about the atunement of portals, new and old (returning) players still don't understand why and where to go..

Recently I read this:

I can not go to Sslanis, its Member only..

A trail player with the impression he had to buy the game to go to Sslanis because the portal said "unavailable"

Maybe change the name to: "needs attunement" or "attune first"

Grrrreetingz,

Royall

(and remember: Happy gamin'! )
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Default Re: Teleport 'unavailable'

Rather than changing the wording, I think we'll add a tutorial on the portal system. But thank you for the feedback.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Rather than changing the wording, I think we'll add a tutorial on the portal system. But thank you for the feedback.
    I think you'd still have problems regarding returning players, though.

I think both would be utilized amon for 2 reasons

1. Lots of players are use to mmos and ignore some of the tutorials in this case would cause a rather serious misunderstanding.
    2. speed readers normally don't catch the full meaning.

Doing both will in the future make the new blood kinda idiot proof to the portal system
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information