Thread: Custom emotes?

Default Custom emotes?

How do you create custom emotes? Do you need to use a 3D modelling program like Blender? Can you download a file of the dragon / bi-ped's mesh for animating? And how would you get them into your game?

Is there a tutorial? And sorry for all the questions.

Default Re: Custom emotes?

There really is no way to create custom animations/emotes for the game. They are created in Maya and exported to a format the game can use with the Granny 3D plugin. Also, the source files are proprietary and can't really be given out. Sorries.

Oh. its a complicated process?

Expensive. I believe that RAD Game Tools is very proud of the Granny software. I think they ask somewhere around $10k for it. Maya is pretty darn pricy as well.

The actual creation of the animations is rather straight forward if you are familiar with animation in Maya but it is time consuming to make one that flows smooth and naturally.

Oh, okay then.

But I've also seen dragons with 'tattoos', like one with a sun pattern on his head. Are these user-created?

These "tattoos" are masks. You can get them at the Festival Grounds near Bristugo. Some of them are player-created, however, they were submitted to a contest to get them put into the game. To replace any of those with a "custom" design, you'd have to overwrite an existing one and only you would see it anyway, nobody else.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I think blue was tinkering around with making a Tail wipe emote, but i think he was having issues with it. Don't know where he is with that now.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Nut it's not a custom emote, it is simply using the files that are already in game.

Thread Information