Thread: Gangaf Quest: Where was I going again?

Default Gangaf Quest: Where was I going again?

Alright, yesterday Chaos finally got its much needed patch, and part of that included the fix to Gangaf's quest:
    Updated quest "Gangaf Quest: Acquire a Stack of Cobalt Rods" to refer to Vasileos instead of Pylios in Kirasanct and updated the dialog to reflect the change from Consigner to Pawnbroker
    Now I had started the quest a while back and was stuck at this particular part. When the fix was patched, the quest I had in the quest log was deleted.

Okay... so apparently I need to go and pick it up again so I can continue. Problem is I have no idea who gives that section of the quest! Zip, zero, nada.
    I tried talking to Gangaf, but he is ignoring me. I tried going to kira and talking to all those npcs but not a single one seems to hold that part of the quest. I've tried feladan and new rach but no npc is able to continue.

So can someone please just tell me already who it is I am suppose to talk to? Perferably soon before I pull out all my hair from frustration.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: Gangaf Quest: Where was I going again?

Those quests had so many in the line that were bugged due to the many changes over the years that we've temporarily set them to where no new instances can be handed out. We were finding that new players were getting the quests and running in to problems with them faster than we can fix them, so rather than continue to chase after the bugs as they're reported, I'm just going to go through the whole set of "Gangaf" quests.

I apologize that in setting them to no longer be handed out right now the delta process deleted any active quests. That was unexpected behavior that we just discovered via your post and a support ticket about this same quest raised.

In general the quests will be reintroduced in the same form as before (same story, same rewards, etc), just without the bugs, in an upcoming patch. But for now, there's no need to pull hair, as no one can get the quest new.

Ah okay then. Shame too because I was enjoying the story so much I was excited to see what was next. Well I waited this long for the fix, I'll just have to wait a little longer for the upcoming patch then. Not like I got any other choice. ^^

If you got the speed boots that need a class3 recharge, then that's all that really matters. I mean wasnt it getting old making all the tiers of metal gears springs and etc.

not so... i think the best part came at level 60, when you had to deliver (or abscond with) the flask of dwaven brandy ;-)

Well if you are just after the reward then yea the shoes are all you need. Me, I like the story and the different characters I get to deal with. One of the reasons I love doing the quests is because I can forget the grind and immerse myself more into the lore. And this quest literally had everything and more! ^^ It's got a gnome with an eating disorder, and overworked cook, a gnome who is possibly evil/a traitor, a council trying to stop you from advancing, a love interest and a mystery! What's not to love!

Is there chocolate involved?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

May we have an update on Gangaf's Boots of Speed? Just took a Tinkerer to level 50 then found this thread. Says here that the quest will be reintroduced. Is it planned to be included in next Content update to live servers?

Knossos

Thread Information