Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: January 2011 Content Update Release Notes

Default Re: January 2011 Content Update Release Notes

[quote=AmonGwareth;259728]Higher and lower is relative. We altered the loot tables on every single monster in the game. So it is very likely that the drop rate for trophies on some mobs went down, but at the same time it very likely went up for others. But, I can tell you that it is most definitely more balanced now.

I have to make a comment on this reply.
    I went out to gather some marble golem trophies a few days ago and counted 75 kills with 58 that had nothing to loot. 8 trophies and the rest junk. After a long time I managed to get enough to finish one lvl.
    I think the balance on marble is tipped to the lesser side in my experience.
    Others I have chated with seem to experienced the same with other mobs.
    But I will give it time and listen to see if others find different mobs that drop trophies at a better rate.

cheers

Could I ask two questions?

1) Why removing all the coin drops? Some mobs that were / are humanoids should have something in their pockets.

2) Why vexors are constructs? Unlike aboms and automatons, vexors really seem to be "natural" born.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Could I ask two questions?

1) Why removing all the coin drops? Some mobs that were / are humanoids should have something in their pockets.

2) Why vexors are constructs? Unlike aboms and automatons, vexors really seem to be "natural" born.
    1) Junk Loot is the new coin drop. But, Semi-Intelligents (the humanoid monsters) do have something in their pockets... They can drop formulas and techniques and even hoardables in addition to tech comps and trophies and junk loot.

2) Because they are constructs. Not sure what else to say.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Adaarye
    I'm afraid after having to re-farm tech components that we had just gathered last week for his new armor (the re-farming was at least an 8 hour grind) with no cash drops from mobs, we've had to rethink things and decide if the reward was worth the effort. With very little cash left after buying the plots and such, we decided that for us, the fun was lacking now and we see only hard grind-age forthcoming with the rewards severely altered whereas before things were fun and challenging.
    I sincerely hope you do reconsider going elsewhere. Those old comps may not be what you need, but they give a very good credit at Nadia for components you do need. I've so far helped in three Nadia trades and written a player guide on how to go about it. Nadia doesn't accept coin, only old components. They may be any tier, 1-6. There is no set "I give x, I get y" out of it. You give her components that have no use, she gives you credit. You trade from her the components she has which you need, she deducts from your credit. Remove old ones, add new ones, wash, rinse, repeat until you reach a 0 balance on the trade (preferably).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Bugs...

2 new quests broken
    new broken weapons don't dye coreectly
    map of dalimond still broken
    Nonca dimensional thingie broken
    ****See the pic below.****

can't gather blessed water
    and counter of ectoplasmic residue not counting(yes it's reported)
    map and nonca's dimensional thing morph to different items
    And for an epic weapon the model for it looks weak, maybe a unique look?,
    a perma glowie?

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/horizons1295985512.png/
    Last edited by Riaken; January 24th, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Just found something else. Blight Globules gotten from ash and lava blights in the Eastern Deadlands have the following for their description:

Blight Globule

Item needs name and description

Rhahool the Oddities Broker in Bristugo

Bulk 1

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Just found something else. Blight Globules gotten from ash and lava blights in the Eastern Deadlands have the following for their description:

Blight Globule

Item needs name and description

Rhahool the Oddities Broker in Bristugo

Bulk 1
    Got it. There are actually four without proper descriptions. Blight Globules, Blight Vapor, Wraith Essence and Wraith Robes. We'll fix them for the next patch.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If I volunteered to grammar check all the new item descriptions for you guys would you think I was crazy? =)

(that comma splice in the description up there (the machine)would have cost me an entire letter grade in college...THOSE ARE TWO SEPERATE SENTENCES!)

Yea I realize most of you are thinking "bigger fish to fry" but being a professional I hate to see things come out of these professional here (the devs) that make them look less than professional.

Carry on...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

My kill list while hunting in Spiritous Swamp for components.

My hunting spanned 3 days for a total of 4 hours and 29 minutes from 1st kill to last kill.

Ravenous Bloodsnout
    106 kills, 35 tech comps (27 Snout, 8 Bristle)… 1 Comp every 3 mobs.

Shrunken Purple Weaver
    265 kills, 36 tech comps… 1 Comp every 7 mobs.

Turgid Purple Weaver
    159 kills, 25 comps (21 Abdomen, 4 Legs)… 1 Comp every 6-7 mobs.

Skulk Bloodmage
    14 kills, 4 comps (3 Fingers, 1 Hair)… 1 Comp every 3-4 mobs (but not enough kills to correctly draw conclusions)

Skulk SoothSayer
    64 kills, 14 comps (9 Mettle, 5 Ear)… 1 Comp every 4-5 mobs.

Skulk Spearfisher
    80 kills, 17 comps (14 Fin, 3 Fingers)… 1 Comp every 4-5 mobs.

I am afraid to say that most mobs appear to be reasonably generous although I wouldn’t mind having the Weavers drop slightly more (not to mention check the drop ratio of the Turgid Purple Weavers).

The only sad thing about hunting in the swamp for components is the huge variety of mobs who are mixed together in a small area, 3 types of skulks, 1 grouk and 2 types of spider (and if you adventure too far even a WA epic mob). So you kill a lot of mobs, but not necessarily the mob you want like with mobs like Golems or Scorpions.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    This is a known issue that is fixed internally. Thank you.

does this mean I can finish the quest?

Think it means he has a yellow post-it on his desk with a can of soda on it.
    okay then... I hope he drinks the soda soon to find the note again LOL.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Tiny question
    How long will Nadia be in game for trading?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

That was answered last night on Order. She's here to stay for trading the old components. No plans have her being removed.

Now, personally, I think she will be given the right to use Istarian currency once again in the future, but at least for now, she trades in components only.

Oh that would be really sad if she became a tech component vendor.
    Why would you want to dummy down the process of earning techs like that?

That was answered last night on Order. She's here to stay for trading the old components. No plans have her being removed.

Now, personally, I think she will be given the right to use Istarian currency once again in the future, but at least for now, she trades in components only.
    good
    thanks. I'm not in the mood now to figure out what I need and what I have to trade for what, so I'm glad there is no time pressure

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Oh my god I hope not... Grinding for rare components is one thing, but grinding the most junkloot dropping mobs in order to by the stuff at Nadia again is another...

My hope would be component trade instead of currency trade. Having to do some work for your teched gear is not a bad thing as far as I am concerned.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Junk loot are not components. Rhahool handles the oddities. Nadia handles old components. Offhand, are veteran blight bindings still being dropped somewhere in either the eastern deadlands or the satyr islands?

Junk loot are not components. Rhahool handles the oddities. Nadia handles old components. Offhand, are veteran blight bindings still being dropped somewhere in either the eastern deadlands or the satyr islands?
    No Undead drop Tech Comps. Tech Comps only come from Animals, Insects, Elementals, and Semi-Intelligent monsters.

The Journeyman Travel Scroll formula is listed on sale for 160s. Someone please tell me that is a mistake.

Was in Saritova hunting yew, not seen 1 massive or enraged in the 2 areas. Have they been removed from there or are they just not spawning? But I did kill 2 Arboreon together. saw 2 more after that. Still looking for the enraged.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    January 2011 Content Update

Reworked quest "Prove Gangaf Is Innocent" to track the looting of both the Automaton Core Circuitry and the Intact Mainboard since neither is a technique component any longer.

Could you please tell what is required to take this quest. I know it starts with Lucky the Gambler in New Rachival with the quest "Build a Better Automatron" but what is needed prior to that to get the quest started?

Thread Information