Thread: [Fixed] Beginner Tech Kit: Withered Bane, a Question

Default [Fixed] Beginner Tech Kit: Withered Bane, a Question

Lately I've returned to the game and made a new alt. I've been doing all the New Trismus quests. One of which tells me to craft this tech kit. I killed the grand magus they asked me to kill and collected his withered bone as the NPC asked me to. When i try to craft the tech kit it tells me I need a enraged cedar treant mettle. There are no enraged cedar treants anywhere on NT. You have to go to Kion for that. I googled this and found patch notes from December saying the tech no longer asks for the bone but asks for the mettle instead. Can anyone give me a good reason why this change was made? Not only is it impossible to complete at the level ranged the quest was given because the cedar treants are all level 19-20, but they aren't even available in the area of the quest. So am i supposed to group up with someone higher level and tag along for them to kill things so i can loot? Sounds broke lol. Why would you need treant material to create a tech to kill aegis anyway?

Default Re: Beginner Tech Kit: Withered Bane, a Question

This quest has been reported by another player in the bug reporting section of the forum.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24138

Recently the technique components have been changed completely, taking all the technique components away from any form of Undead and Withered Aegis monsters and changing all techniques to use different components. This quest has probably been forgotten.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    This quest has been reported by another player in the bug reporting section of the forum.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24138

Recently the technique components have been changed completely, taking all the technique components away from any form of Undead and Withered Aegis monsters and changing all techniques to use different components. This quest has probably been forgotten.
    yeah it's odd..particulary since the WA in question still drops the old tech component!

ya i found a simmaler problum with the nt dragon crafting quests ..i think its the one to tec a spell...it tells you to find the blight then the sand pygmys...then suposed to collect an ear from sand pygmys but when you go to make the teced spellit askes for a bronz golem fragment...iv yet to see thm in nt...far as i know only garnet golems are there...
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Both of these will be fixed in the next patch to Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information