Thread: Quest: IMPOSSIBLE/Useless

Hybrid View

Default Re: Quest: IMPOSSIBLE/Useless

The only Ferocious Guroks I found, where the quest pointed me to, were 16-19, with the sows being 14-15 (But they pull Grulets, meaning they are often harder then the Gurok males), and the Grulets (Which don't count, and pull with each other) at level 11-13. Quest specifically states that the Grulets don't count.

The only boss in particular I have an issue with is the lvl 15 skeleton (Who is alone) near the quarry to the west of Kion. The others I have found placed rather reasonably, and often with other mobs of its type. (So you can expect them at least) Even the lvl 11 sand beetle boss inside Kion I think is well placed. Same with Tsunami in the crystal lakes, and Ingot with the bronze golems.

@walkerglassmire

About the parrot quest, the bottom line is, I want a quest that a person of X level can get, to be reasonably possible to complete at said level. This is my honest opinion as a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by rtiger View Post
    @walkerglassmire

About the parrot quest, the bottom line is, I want a quest that a person of X level can get, to be reasonably possible to complete at said level. This is my honest opinion as a new player.
    It's been a bit since I've done the quest, so I don't recall where you have to go for it... but unless you actually have to kill the monsters there, a bit of careful movement and analysis of the monsters, you should be able to do it, even with the 70+ monsters. I remember back in the early days, having to talk to Chardonnay. The quest line started at lvl 10. The Bone Golems surrounding him were in the 90s as I recall. You watched their movements, picked the right time, ran in, greeted as fast as you could, then died. heh Was fun.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    It's been a bit since I've done the quest, so I don't recall where you have to go for it... but unless you actually have to kill the monsters there, a bit of careful movement and analysis of the monsters, you should be able to do it, even with the 70+ monsters. I remember back in the early days, having to talk to Chardonnay. The quest line started at lvl 10. The Bone Golems surrounding him were in the 90s as I recall. You watched their movements, picked the right time, ran in, greeted as fast as you could, then died. heh Was fun.
    Exactly. In the "old" days it wasn't as stricly tiered as now and it made it more fun, more exiting and it teached you to be on the look out for danger. It wasn't a walk in the park. Groups of hostile skeletons roamed the roads and you had to be carefull and ready to run for safety.
    Apearantly with this "safe"tiering you get complains like from the TS.

The parrot quest is one of the funniest quest in game imo. If you can't finnish it right now what's the harm in waiting till you have a higher level and finish it then? Quests, as far as I know, only have a minimum requirement, not a maximum.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I am not trying to fight everything on the way. What bothers me is how sheerly remote the tower of clerics is when traveling from Sslanis. I keep getting lost also, which makes it worse. I also understand where you are coming from, but the maple treants on the path you need to travel is more then a bit much.

If I keep dying to hordes of things 6 levels below me, how can I hope to survive if I get swarmed by things 6 levels above me?

Quote Originally Posted by rtiger View Post
    What bothers me is how sheerly remote the tower of clerics is when traveling from Sslanis. I keep getting lost also, which makes it worse. I also understand where you are coming from, but the maple treants on the path you need to travel is more then a bit much.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you don't have to walk all the way. If you're attuned to Chiconis, then that is one of the closest portals to the Cleric's Tower. If not, then it's probably best you try and attune to important places a long the way (ie. Bristugo, Dalimond and Chiconis, as well as any Dalimond Penninsuala locations and Settlements).

I'll also take a stab and say there are no Maple Treants anywhere near the Cleric's Tower (given it's a T2 area and Maple Treants are T4), unless you're really taking the scenic route (or I'm clearly mistaken as to the location you are refering to). Also, not having done the quest in some time, I'm wonder why you need to go there? I'm just wondering if there is another location for the resource or mob you're after.

As for the dragon ability quests, I don't think they are all meant to be completed at the exact level you get them. Some will be harder than others since the rewards (ie. better abilites) are more useful than others. You'll probably realise that the Gold Rage quests are quite often much more difficult than the other quests.

I hope the rest of your experiences have been enjoyable.
    Good luck
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Angry Re: Quest: IMPOSSIBLE/Useless

If your not attuned to Chiconis, I wasn't. I asked the other dragons. I was told the safest way was to start in Feladan (Which a new player starts attuned to), go through historian hill to reach Chiconis. There is a chance of running into maple treants on that route. I was also told the other routes are far harder then that. Not to mention there are a fair number of other high level mobs surrounding that area.

I did try the run from Kion to Bristugo, to Chiconis and Dalimond, but only ended up lost, then killed.

I am not attuned to Dalimond.

Regardless if traveling from Lower Bridgeview, or Feladan, the Tower of clerics is still hiking halfway across a continent that I have never set foot on before.

The rest of my time has been anything but enjoyable. Not after I left NT. I got owned as soon as I stepped out of Kion to head to Parsina, and have been dispirited from that point on, as it has been just more of the same. (Not to mention there are no bosses on the roads in NT besides the Red Tusk. I wasn't at all expecting a boss so soon)

The res delay does not help either. Sometimes I don't even see a mob on the map until I am within its attack range, or right on top of it.

When you find something you can't beat, you turn around, and get stronger. Here I was after having beaten the strongest mobs I could find on NT, only to get owned as soon as I reached a new area. Staying in NT would not have gotten me very far.

The available quests are what often killed me in the first place. I can't even tell what order I should take the quests in if there are like 10 available.

Running through level 25-35 mobs as a level 12 character just doesn't sit well with me at all. Much less having to attack level 11-15 mobs as instructed by the quests. It has simply been too hard and too many deaths.
    Last edited by rtiger; September 9th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Well I'm glad a new player finds this new attunement stuff frustrating too. I understand how it is supposed to encourage exploration, but most of the time, you are trying to do a quest. I spent most my time yesterday trying to get to the Island of Ice. Didn't even get a chance to kill the beetles I was sent for.

The rest of my time has been anything but enjoyable. Not after I left NT. I got owned as soon as I stepped out of Kion to head to Parsina, and have been dispirited from that point on, as it has been just more of the same. (Not to mention there are no bosses on the roads in NT besides the Red Tusk. I wasn't at all expecting a boss so soon)
    Yes, the bosses of Kion are famous. They are also deliberately a few levels higher than you to jolt you from the norm from other MMO's that roads are generally a safe thing. Oh what a joy it is to come back later and beat their faces in

Anyways, what equipment do you have? Could be just that you need a bit more armor.

The run to Bris is the hardest, but you get 'checkpoints' along the way. Have you attuned to lower bridgeview? Once you get Brist the rest are a little easier.

The run to Chic is not that difficult. Pay attention to your health and when you start getting hit, (you will often get hit before you see the mob) use sprint. Treants are melee orientated mobs and if you are farther away from them, they can't hurt you.

Thread Information