Thread: Mage Tp's?

Default Mage Tp's?

Hello, I recently made a mage, well.. actually he is a construction builder, but I decided to take some magery too to help defend himself out in the wilds when gathering resources if need be. At this point he is a 10 lvl human mage and I have spent none of his training points.

So, I was wondering what I should spend my training points on and was hoping some of you spell flinging fanatics ;) could help me to determine what would be best. And, any other information you think maybe useful to consider as he becomes more advance. Thanks in advance for any and all help here!

Steelforge
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Re: Mage Tp's?

Since you are lvl'ing mage for the defensive aspects, you may want to raise some points in focus since you will be receiving very little gains in focus. I say this because you will have access to some nice binds, like binding crystals and ice shackles. You should get these tech'd with accuracy to make sure these spells connect. This set up is assuming you aren't going to be going out and pulling the spawn trying to clear it with bombs so you can craft[;)]. Mage's can only wear cloth armor so you are poorly suited to do such. These spells will get you out of a tight spot so you can either take a step back and bolt the mob to death, or if need be to run. Sorc may be better suited for this as they get spellbind, area spellbind, and a passive +40 to evasion.

While your gains in evasion are not spectacular, raising evasion will help a little if your intention is to stay and fight. I personally prefer focus. You can bind them which effectively can dodge an entire fight worth of attacks, and while they are bound your spells will hit more frequently. If you can raise a healing class your focus will be much better.

EDIT: Changed "gains in evasion are spectacular" to "gains in evasion are not spectacular".
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Thanks for that information Xydrik! I will surely keep all that in mind as I advance.

One more suggestion... If you don't have your heartset on a pure mage you may wish to take a look at the Sorceror school. You will have access to ice magic for binding, not to mention spellbind, area spellbind, and spells to debuff/slow your attackers. This will gracefully allow you to escapelarge number of mobs easily.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Gotta second that tip for Sorcerer for defense..I have juggled at least five different mobs at a time, keeping them all standing around uselessly. Between all our spells which either limit or totally eliminate ability to move and our Spellbinds, you truly decide when the mob is allowed to act...if at all. In fact, to see a Sorcerer in action in a group with a huge pull gone bad...poetry in motion..[:)]
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Sounds like thats the ticket for me! Thanks again to you all.

Thread Information