Thread: Excessive moderation?

Default Excessive moderation?

Don't know where to put it, but since it is about Istaria and the Community too, here it is:

The thread made by Holth some hours ago, containing pertinent observations regarding the new limits on dragon tool claws introduced in blight 225 update and also a supportive post made by Lovwyrm was just deleted?

I mean, come on?

Deleting threads (which btw were not offensive in any form or shape) won't actually make the issue disappear, won't make Istaria better and certainly won't make the player-base happier.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Default Re: Excessive moderation?

The thread was deleted because there are already several threads on the tools. If you want to continue to discuss the topic, post in existing threads, don't start new ones.

Per the forum rules:
    Post your thoughts in the appropriate forum or topic. This allows the conversation that is a thread to flow rather than being derailed by off topic, or new topics, on posts. Likewise when considering starting a new topic, look to see if others have the same thoughts as you and post on the thread they started rather than start a new one.
    If a thread exists on a topic, use that topic to post your thoughts and questions. Having multiple threads on the same topic is confusing for everyone. If you have a question it's often the same as what others either have asked, or are thinking of asking, and so it is much easier to answer the question once than on multiple threads. Discussions work the same way.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

While I appreciate your answer, I wonder why the thread was not joined with one that is treating the matter as it usually happens when several people were starting threads on the same subject

I would not had started this thread, but it is not the first time when excessive moderation leads to deleting of non-offensive posts and threads based apparently on the mood and heart-feelings on the matter discussed in the deleted posts/threads.

Moderation should really be as objective as possible and above the passion some or others are putting in their posts here on the forums.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    While I appreciate your answer, I wonder why the thread was not joined with one that is treating the matter as it usually happens when several people were starting threads on the same subject

I would not had started this thread, but it is not the first time when excessive moderation leads to deleting of non-offensive posts and threads based apparently on the mood and heart-feelings on the matter discussed in the deleted posts/threads.

Moderation should really be as objective as possible and above the passion some or others are putting in their posts here on the forums.
    I stick to what I posted. If threads on the same topic continue to be created, they will be deleted, especially when they contain nothing that hasn't already been said in them. If you want to discuss the topic, post in existing threads.

I am closing this thread as there is nothing more to say. If you have any further concerns, you may take it up with the staff directly in a support ticket or via PM as that too is one of the forum rules.

Discussions regarding moderation of topics, board rules, or the posts of others should be in personal messages to the moderators only. Forum posts questioning moderation will be considered as “moderator baiting” and will be removed immediately. The ability to post on the forums is a privilege, not a right, and moderators have the final say in what is and is not acceptable. Repeatedly posting on the public forums regarding moderation will result in forum accounts being closed.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 27th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information