Thread: Missing Quests

The Wanderer

Default Missing Quests

Back on Oct. 26 four partially completed quests vanished from my active quests list.

Has this happened to anyone else? How many and what quests did you lose?

Note: I did open a ticket back on 10/26, but am still waiting for the problem to be corrected.

Default Re: Missing Quests

Ahhh, were they prefixed by "xxx" as in "xxxBastions of Nature . . . "

AE says they are outdated, but doesn't give them the right to delete them. I am proud of my uncompleted "Howls in the Dark" quest (proud to have had it, not that I could not finish the thing then).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quests that were completely removed from the game may have been erased...there was a message about that just before merge, I think.

I did submit a tech support about the xxxQuest Namexxx...I was told that the quest has either been retired or is in process of being reworked.

Since I have 1 of the nature quest's from pre-merge halfway done I'm not sure if I have to cancel it (and lose 6 of my 15 kills [:S]) or if I can get some kind of credit transferred to the new version of the quest (rumor has it that we're now killing ghosts).
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

The Wanderer

These four quests did not have "xxx" as a prefix and were post merge. The vanished after the patch that was done the end of October.

Each of these four quests were about half finished, so I have lost all the work
    I had already accomplished.

Hopefully, the problem will be corrected soon and I can get back the lost credit.

The Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Gliding Frost
    Quests that were completely removed from the game may have been erased...there was a message about that just before merge, I think.

I did submit a tech support about the xxxQuest Namexxx...I was told that the quest has either been retired or is in process of being reworked.

Since I have 1 of the nature quest's from pre-merge halfway done I'm not sure if I have to cancel it (and lose 6 of my 15 kills [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]) or if I can get some kind of credit transferred to the new version of the quest (rumor has it that we're now killing ghosts).
    I also have two of these quests with the "xxx" and have not deleted them. Since each is more than half finished, I am hoping they will be converted to the new creatures.

The "xxx" showed up on these quests the same time as the other four vanished. Right after the patch at the end of October.

Received official confirmation...

xxxQuest Namexxx are to be deleted as they have been officially retired and will not be converted.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Gwynnifer ApHelion

I also had those original quests deleted by the patch, and now have two pending with the "xxx" prefix, as well as having picked up two of the new quests in the Nature's Bastion line. As the deleted ones and the two with "xxx* are not going to be converted, how will the loss of credit toward those quests be addressed?

Gwynnifer ApHelion
    75 Healer, 30+ Spiritist
    23 Tailor, 23 Weaver

The Wanderer

xxxQuest Namexxx are to be deleted as they have been officially retired and will not be converted.
    Both of the quests that I have that have the "xxx" and the four quests that were lost from my active quests list are all still in the game, just the creatures that you need to kill have changed.

Your situation may be different. In both these cases I see no reason why they could not be converted and the credit for my efforts maintained.

Taking awaycredit for six quests that were all half to two-thirds finished should not even be considered by AE. Since all six of these quests are needed for my epic, losing all that time and effort is not something easily overlooked.

The Wanderer

After reading Gliding Frost's post in another thread, this looks like a troll and not "official". Suggest keeping your "xxx" quests until told differently by someone official.

The Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Gliding Frost wrote: Received official confirmation...

After reading Gliding Frost's post in another thread, this looks like a troll and not "official". Suggest keeping your "xxx" quests until told differently by someone official.
    My mistake. Just got a message from Zideon. He says "The quests with the XX in front of them are obsolete basically. They are either being reworked or removed because they are time sensitive. I am sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

Since the Nature Bastion Quests have been reworked and still in game, my suggestion is to not delete them and wait until they are converted to the new creatures so you can keep your kill count.

Also since this thread is about the quests that have vanished from active quest list, the "xxx" does not really apply here. See "Nature's Bastion" thread under Quests.

The Wanderer

On Order some accidentally deleted quests were restored in a matter of days. Why is this set of quests taking weeks to get a response, much less corrected?

The Wanderer

I have been crafting for the better part of the last month to give AE a chance to correct the errors that were introduced with the 10/26 patch (errors that were reported 10/26).

The problem has yet to be corrected, action by someone at AE is needed.

The Wanderer

I have a Darkstaff quest (from before merge) that changed sometime after merge and was converted to the new creature(s). So there is hope that the right thing will be done and the effort that was put into the quests that were affected adversely by the 10/26 patch is not lost.

The Wanderer

Any chance of getting a Dev torestore these questsbefore the end of the year?

Thread Information