Thread: Shamans speak up! How cool are you?

Default Shamans speak up! How cool are you?

I ask because I was reading through thier abilities and they sound pretty dman cool.
    Right now I am Ranger, Scout, Druid, Mage, Spiritist. So, I can join Shaman in a heartbeat. Just curious if its going to be worth the rating boost.

Default Re: Shamans speak up! How cool are you?

dunno how much longer this post will be here but I'll reply while it is

We're pretty ******** cool. Our DoT's are first rate, so are the Stun Spells from the Nature school. The blight school is pretty sorry as are most of the debuffs from shaman (exception Shaman's Chant). Really we seem to play alot like a druid but shaman get alot more power so we're more feasible. Get nice armor but low armor use. Can use a shield (shields are god). Above average class to multi with (can use health line if you take a class with life). As a pure class great for soloing but you might lack in a group (low burst damage below average heals and buffs and debuffs just plain not useful really)
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Well, I'm an 86 Paladin and 40 Shaman. I got the idea to join the school after running into one of the old undead sslik shaman back pre-merge. It'd not too fun to see 12 different buffs get destroyed, then replaces with debuffs in a few seconds.

In combat as a Paladin though, the blight skill does give you plenty to open with to tip things in your favor from the start. If you have perfect spell mastered, you're guarenteed to hit with all of your debuffs, and most debuffs last from five to ten minutes... more then enough for perfect spell to come back up if/when you need to reapply.

Fighting as a Shaman for me is also enjoyable, there are two main blight and nature damage over times to help your lightning bolts, or whatever repeating attack you want to use. Shaman's Chant ( Enemy deals 85% damage ) and Curse of enfeeblement is always a hit at parties, and detoxify self beats purify any day. Overall I can see myself taking this school well into the upper level ranges, and I've never been much of an adventurer.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Dang I should be fired for forgetting detoxify self, Top 5 ability in game hands down.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

isnt there like a 'acid rain' type ability? is that like a armor de-buff?
    Shamans are sounding pretty cool.

Chiyuu

Quote Originally Posted by thefatone
    isnt there like a 'acid rain' type ability? is that like a armor de-buff?
    Shamans are sounding pretty cool.
    Corrosive Rain.. reduces pierce, slash, and crush resistances.

cloud

shamans are very versatile... buffs heals debuffs stuns you name it.. and you can multiclass it with almost anything you got the best armor of all spellcasters also a good point and you're often the last one standing..

Acid Rain is a catchall debuff that lowers several resistances, but not as much as specific bebuffs like soften, mark, and brittle. Usefull if you have several types of melee fighters, but not as nice if you're solo'ing as a melee class or with one type of melee fighters.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

:: laughs :: I'll have to go to the Shaman section (in one of the Adventure schools) and read posts in the subforum about Shamans. Sounds cool though and monster shamens wreak havoc with my dragon (limited buffs = debuffed rather fast).

hint hint
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

We are cooler than Fonzie [;)]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Thread Information