Thread: New Armor Idea

Default New Armor Idea

I was thinking of a new shield idea to start off with, the idea is a shield that has a thorns effect on block. Example being on block attacks only (melee only) attacker takes X pierce damage. This idea has no effect vs ranged or spell casters

Default Re: New Armor Idea

Hehehe, while I do like the idea, I think it's a bit too much of the 'easy route'. We have unique class abilities which already perform this function (not to mention scrolls), so I think the idea presented would serious take a lot away from those classes.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

perform which function and how would it take away from any class? cot is Druid/ranger only for X number of hits and not every class can use a shield.

Druid,knoc, battlemage, ranger, gaurdian, warrior, cleric, healer,spearman are classes that can use shields. other classes are either two hand only or can not use shields. only Druid/ranger, wizard and flame have melee damage shield abilities. none of which are masterable (which is a good thing) I know about scrolls and excluded them intentionally as those are spells.
    Last edited by starlight; February 26th, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: additional notes

A idea for the details of the shield itself A: Current Adventure level requirement starting at level 5 and going up every 10 levels to level 95 B: Current Adventure school C: Shield of 50 to 950 + D: Current school Guardian, druid, ranger, spearman, cleric, healer, warrior, knight of creation, battlemage, paladin, scout Shield would be a medium. Needs addition tech comps to craft a normal unteched version Effects: On block , attacks only attacker takes X pierce damage This idea I am aiming for normal crafted shield requiring nothing but requirements A through D

Might be interesting to have techniques that applied these effects to items. Hm.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information