Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Herald of Chaos - Blacklisting Players

Galem

Default Re: Herald of Chaos - Blacklisting Players

If a person act bad on a server, the community will be bad for him. Posting names on something official is very bad. Dangit coming here and saying it okay is even worse to me.

The community is turning from friendly to hateful and it looks to me that the hateful is being supported by AE since their official forums allow such poor behaviour by an official poster.

No excuse for it. I don't know Nim personally, but even if he is the bad person it says, public posting is nopt needed. Communities that are worthwhile take care of themselves in game.

To those saying this Nim can post in his defense, no he can't. The Herald is in a seperate place that only the Herald and mods can post. Forever his name is alone in that poor way without a means to defend himself.

Abuse of position it certainly is. It should be removed quick and said not acceptable by AE.

Aamer, it looks petty and reflects badly on you.

Default Re: Herald of Chaos - Blacklisting Players

We will stop this here before it goes deeper. As stated the Herald report is a tool for the community. Politics are also a part of that community. I am not going to tell the heralds they can not put in a most wanted section as I feel that it is a tool the community can use to police itself.

But the heralds are under instruction now that they must allow the persons in the most wanted sections a chance to rebut the article by either a letter to the editor style submission or a section of the report to them that they can submit.

The only restrictions I place on it is that it stays civil. The reports should grow and be come just as regular newsletters with input from many people on all sides of issues. This includes editorials, want ads, event notification etc.

If something is in an issue that someone disagrees with then they can submit a letter to the editor to the Heralds. If they feel that what they submit may not get put in the report then they can copy me on the submission. I will ensure it gets put in or a reason why not. That way people can have their say.

And rememberit takes more than one person to do the report so if you want something in it get your quills and parchment out..and do your submissions.

Thread Information