Thread: Ul'zilgat Flayer [Resolved]

Default Ul'zilgat Flayer [Resolved]

According to this creature list there should be Ul'zilgat Defiler, all I was able to find are Ul'zilgat Flayer

There are two versions of Ul'zilgat Flayer, large ones with school Evolved Fyakki (lvl 118-119) and smaller ones with school Fyakki (lvl 116-117), maybe one of these named wrong?
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Ul'zilgat Flayer

Hi Terao,

I see what the problem is, the Defilers should be following the Flayer around. Think of Flayer as an "ogre" and the Defiler as the "pygmy". The AI template is missing the follower settings and preventing the Defilers from spawning. Devs will get this fixed up for next delta.

Thank you.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Actually, I'm thinking more about this. Does any recall when the last time they might have seen Defilers (if ever)? These are technically setup so it should work, but I think i see why it doesn't (or at least can see a work around). I'm suspecting it might have to do with recent db optimizations. These should be mixed up with Flayers. Since I'm seeing them on map pack together, then I can't help but think they did work at an earlier time, or else those entries wouldn't be there. The actual setup for these fyakkis hasn't changed that I can tell.

I've only ever seen Flayers but then again I haven't been playing all that long (2 going on 3 years)

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    I've only ever seen Flayers but then again I haven't been playing all that long (2 going on 3 years)
    ditto, I've been around (actively) for about the same time, though I did play before that, don't really remember a lot from that time though.

I see whats going on now. The defilers are the ones that show Evolved Fyakki when you click them, the Flayers are the ones that only say Fyakki. It seems there first_name is Ul'zilgat Flayer on both. Will get that updated for next delta.

If I wasn't on the Ancient I would've noticed quicker that one was larger, they looked the same size as I was staring down on them ^_^

As I've already guessed
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information