Thread: This is your fix for crabs?

Threaded View

Default Re: This is your fix for crabs?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The shorter range is because the crab is hitting you with Blighted Spray which blinds you, reducing your range. Ice Arrows does nothing to the user except giving your ranged attacks the ability to slow or root the target (which shows up in your combat logs as Pinned). We compared the crab's evasion and dodge to other Tier6 monsters and they aren't anything special. Even low compared to some others.
    He hit me with blighted spray when I was using lightning arrows too. didn't change my range. Ice arrows changes attack type to ice damage. not just using pinned. I can see the spray being the reason for 20 - 30 range though. But as far as damage it doesn't explain miss/dodges when using ice damage via ice arrow. I just tested ice arrows on other mobs and it hits them for ice with no problems, but when using ice arrows on blight crabs it's 95% miss and dodge (this seems to me to be some sort of bug)

On top of all this, the only reason I need them is for blighted carapace. I should need a group in order to get a few carapace? and then the drop rate is maybe 1 in 5 or higher. Right now, I can't complete this Niesa quest without a group for something I should be able to kill. I'm not saying they should be easy.. but they shouldn't be this difficult to gather a few components for a quest or to make potions. and they only drop for the person with the quest, or having completed the quest. So I can not even purchase from other players (quest has a counter, btw)

This is why I put in the addendum, as I found it's when I changed to ice damage using ice arrows that I am missing and being dodged. it should not cause misses and dodges. all other attacks aren't dodged or miss that often. tested nature, primal, flame.. so dodge itself was already confirmed to NOT be the issue. Ice arrow does confirm the miss/dodge affect. when i do hit it is for ice damage. but the miss/dodge rate for the ice arrow is way too high, so has to be some type of bug
    Last edited by Malicore; April 18th, 2017 at 11:49 AM.

Thread Information