Thread: Istaria on Discord

Hybrid View

Default Re: Istaria on Discord

This Discord has been officially adopted by Virtrium and is now in my ownership. This doesn't change much, but most importantly, it does mean that it's now linked on the istaria.com website and the community pages. It also means that any bug reports / suggestions received there can be discussed and considered with as much validity as any other form of communication under VI's control.

The original owners/administrations and moderators have been converted into community moderators and will continue to oversee the server while the developers are busy. If there are any problems with them, send me or another developer a PM. The process to apply for a moderator position is within the server and described using the bot command ?apply.

I had actually began to have thoughts of joining Discord, on the premise it was UN-Official

But, for the sake of argument, I believe this changes a lot of things. like how Virtrium will be run more strickly. Not that I know of any issues related to activity previously, but every time someone involved with this team takes over or makes a new place to talk... The lines begin to blur and new rules come into effect as to how things are handled overall. But I am guessing this was an agreed takeover, with original owners. So good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    but every time someone involved with this team takes over or makes a new place to talk... The lines begin to blur and new rules come into effect as to how things are handled overall.
    I have no clue what you're talking about. Especially since this is the first time, at least since the time I started playing (which is around the time virtrium took over Istaria), that I've seen Virtrium not only open up to public speaking, but fully embrace it and take over a platform like this. The developers have been in the discord chat pretty much since it started, in my eyes it was more or less official months before the actual handing over of the reins happened, as it had, to my knowledge, the majority of the team in it who were, and still are, interacting with players, listening to feedback, and more of that good stuff.

Even further, since the takeover, the rules that were pretty all encompassing already, have changed very little. Aside from a few changes where it mentioned moderators and admins before to now be "Community Moderator".

Maybe you should actually give things a try before condemning them, because most of this just sounds like some weird anti-virtrium propaganda to me

No thanks, it's already pulling info from forum now. I don't need to follow every new social media app out there. yesterday it was skype, today it's discord. tomorrow... who knows. not interested in changing my chat programs every time this switches to new platform. My friends can reach me on skype, that's all I have or intend to run for now. Though I have been invited to snaptchaps or whatever. and whatsnap.... too many programs to run just to talk to people. No one can can or will commonly use one convenient program.

And this is nothing to do with and "Anti-Virtrium Propaganda" though if you wish to think that.. oh well

Thread Information