Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Workable Adventuring Loot System (long)

Default Re: A Workable Adventuring Loot System (long)

"There is one major problem. As long as there is one "best" thing, ppl DO want to have it. No matter what."

people want that now. people have always wanted it. there's nothing wrong with it.

"How is an adventurer going to add a hilt after creation to a sword? or a blade?"

the 'blank' is the whole sword, blade include, tech optional. and it won't take a genius to add a hilt, tassel, or crossguard. you can do that in RL too.

i don't understand the rejection of a system what will not only inprove adventuring, but also crafting.

i believe it is the state of mind that is more of an issue.

Default Re: A Workable Adventuring Loot System (long)

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Phillip wrote: obviously to balance it, is reasonable. however i don't see why there can't be something stat altering, at extreme rarity, like winning the lotto, twice. we don't have that here in HZ. in successful games, they exist.

That is a problem. With your drops (pommels,tassels,etc.) being non-decay items even if you set a ridiculously low drop rate over time you will fill the market. Use an eyedropper to fill a bathtub and the bath will eventually be filled. Then if you set that low drop rate you will have a hue and cry from every adventurer at the onset that the "drop rate is to low"..."fix it" and so forth. Go back to the Bottle Cap Collections. It was the same there with the Granny Nuffle, everybody complained about the low drop rate on that cap. Where are the complaints now? Everyone that needs a set has one or can get one. You seldom see people hunting the Pickle anymore.

You cannot have a rare item in a market that does not allow for the destruction or use of that item for it will eventually be no longer rare but commonplace. Then what will the adventurers cry for?

I believe the Blighted weapons are a step in the right direction. They will eventually decay and the market is not closed. There is room to expand and develop this idea that will NOT impact on the crafter or the Adventurer. Just give it time to happen. All we have seen so far are the blighted mithril shortswords.

If you really want that uber death dealing talking vorpal sword of rabbit slaying to make you "feel" like an adventurer then a game like Diablo II may suit you. You can hack into it,give yourself all the runes you wish and have satisfaction. It would just not work in Horizons and personally I do not wish to see it.

Blighted weapons remains to be seen if its moving towards the right direction.
    Atm, they seem completely worthless.
    They are worthless from a RP point of view and from a "true" adv point of view.

Give them time?
    You can give them all your time if you wish, personally i am just having some fun ingame untill some other gamewith REAL ADVENTURER REWARDSAND CHALLENGES catches my attention.

Vorpal sword and Diablo II and hacking?
    Mate, are you a true adventurer or just a...crafter? Just curious.
    True Advs, seek CHALLENGE that gives them their rightfull REWARD.
    They dont like charity and they like to fight to get what they want.

It would work on Horizons mate if done right, real loot i mean, just because you dont wish it does not mean we agree with your crafter views on us advs.

In the end everyone can make a choice to stay or leave.
    More ppl leaving, cant be very good though for the future of HZ's fragile existence dont you agree?

Loot and rewards for us advs, are part of the problem.
    Its just 1 of the problems.
    Others exist aswell.

Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Thread Information