Thread: Greetings All, A couple of questions...

Shadowon DraGhost

Default Greetings All, A couple of questions...

Hello Everyone,

Been busy playing WoW, but keeping my eye on Horizons for the ARoP, dragon Lairs, etc.

I still have one of my accounts am hopeful I will come back to playing the game and finish my RoP and then ARoP (eventually).

I didn't see this posted lately - how is the death lag? Is it still be experienced?

Does any one or has any one used Teamspeak, Skype, or any other voice chat software with Horizons?

If so, how has it worked for you?

I saw a thread on WoW and really interested in this. It would be really great if this is compatible with Horizons.

Many thanks and go carefully,

Istarian Wizard

Default Re: Greetings All, A couple of questions...

My guild regulary used TeamSpeak on Horizons for months. Worked verywell and enhanced gameplay nicely. [:)]

Shadowon DraGhost

Wonderful! Many thanks for the response! [:D]

We've used ventrilo, works great.

Shadowon DraGhost

That one was mentioned as well.

Comment was that it is for smaller groups

I am really excited to try this out!

Thanks again for the response

The teamspeak and such work great, keep in mind however that HZ is pretty inefficient (or at least did when I still had guildies around) with network bandwidth (about 2-3x most MMOPG and FPS games). You may need to fiddle with the quality depending on your network connectivity.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Ventrillo works well in any group size I've been in. I missed it enough when the Hz branch of Explorers of Legend closed its doors that I rented a voice server for the new guild to use.

It's especially useful in hunting groups when the action gets faster and you don't have time to type messages.

There's a new client out today that's supposed to improve some aspects of lag. I haven't had the chance to test it, though to me lag hasn't been a big issue most of the time. Occasionally someone will die but still be running around (if that's the death lag you're referring to) but it's not as common as it used to be, at least in my experience.

Shadowon DraGhost

Hopefully, I will try this on Thursday - on Horizons.

WoW is going to be down 16 hours

Will try to complete more dragon quests/tasks so I can have a successful and enjoyable RoP.

Still no word from anyone on the death lag. I guess I will find out for myself.

if you refer to the health bar bug, it's gone in some mobs, but still pops up for some others. Other than that, I die very well and promptly, with no lag [H]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Skype is a great program, great sound. It also doesn't seem that big a drain on fps. The only limit to Skype is 6-people in conference at a time. It actually sounds better than my phone [:D]

Hiya

used team speak in the beginning, but then moved to ventrilo and got better sound quality.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Thread Information