Thread: Hi fellow Sorcerers

Kafka

Default Hi fellow Sorcerers

Thought this would be a nice way of starting the first thread in the sorcerers forum.

So...

Hi all

and isnt it nicebeing one of the best classes ingame? [:D]

Menedaus

Default Re: Hi fellow Sorcerers

Hello, not many of us out there I don't think. I really don't understand why not either, sorcerer's wield tremendous powers if played well.

As far as best class, I wouldn't go that far, it all depends on play style and preference. Though I do have to say, sorcerer is the best class for myself.

Drewid

Hey.

Menedaus, that is because people are silly and would rather be the unstoppable force than the unmovable object.

I like my sorc side very much though.

Hiya[:D]

Just started on Sorc this week, enjoying the class very much so far. Kinda rough as I have comparatively little mind skill at the moment and have to fight way above lvl toget exp. I really can't use any of the class abilitieseffectively yet, but I do wish I had taken a look at sorc a lot sooner. Unfortunately I was given some bad advice when I was first getting into Horizons. The only sorc I ever saw in gamesaidhe were not impressed with the class. Seems to be a potent caster indeed from my experience and has a variety of ways to escape nasty situations, something to be appreciated since casters are limited in their armor use[;)].
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Although Spellbinding mobs and generally making fools of them is only my hobby, I suppose I should say hello..hello! [:)]

Oh and Drewid...nicely put!
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Hiya :)

Part time Sorc here too, but if you are going to be any mage class part time and see anything usefull out of it, Sorc is a good choice!

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Well, I dinged 100 sorc today. Really enjoyed the class[:)]. IMO besides spellbind the transferables aren't that great, but sorc as a main class is pretty nice if you want to be a pure caster. The one ability that did stand out though is group power aura which is masterable, but is a lvl 58 ability, so may need some consideration after the cap is raised. With my wiz and conj background I was able to deal some truly impressive damage. Usingperfect spell and area spellbind I would get my thought capture bonus every pull, which gave me1900+ power although I only have t3 techs on my gear. I then used multicast 2, and energy burst, nearly wiping out the entire pull with my first energy bomb. Although I don't have it at the time, I would imagine fusion burn would also produce similar if not more devastating results.

All in all, I had a lot of fun with Sorc[;)].
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Straight sorceror tends to be on the weak side... but sorceror backed with mage or conjurer can be impressive... like xydrik said its possible to exceed 1900 power... ive broken 2000 myself...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

2000 once :) try 2240 with all my power junky gear...awesome damge..truly awesome...

course thats with all the neccesary gifts, maxed gear and potion..not to mention the scarbia staff..
    "They are coming through the walls!!! No really this game doesnt have collison detection!"

"Wow, you use that mask and turn into the ginsu knife!"

Syiara Devlon Knoc/Wiz/Sorc/Hlr/Cleric/War.

aye and additional tps in power too :P

but yea 2240 is sweet
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Thread Information