Thread: new to game

neorandomizer

Default new to game

I just started and would like some ideas on where to hunt i am a little lost on what to do.

Default Re: new to game

The starter isles (New Brommel, New Koraelia, etc., but NOT New Rachival) are good for 1-5 and go up to 10. You don't acquire death points until you hit 11, so hunting's easier at start.

Kion and Sslanis on the island of Lesser Aradoth are good for level 4-20. (Frustrating if you're only 1-3, but can be done at that level.) Dalimond is a good base for levels 20-40, but by then you should know this detail.

Talk to a trainer for your school (warrior, cleric, etc) and get a quest to kill X number of something. You get extra experience and cash or a buff spell cast on you.

Once you hit 10 (maybe 5?, but I think 10) you can start collecting trophies from your kills and turn in for cash plus xp. Sslanis and Kion have Trophy hunters that give quests to collect 5 XXX trophies. Check quest to see what to hunt, but then go hunt without picking a quest. When you get 5 of any trophy on your list, you can return to trophy hunter and pick that quest and fulfill it right away for some cash and XP. If you go past the upper level for quests, you can still sell your trophies to the hunter for cash.

Also, when you're still low level, run around and explore and die a lot. There's no penalty for dying yet (Death Points) so you can check things out, learn how to run past mobs that will kill anyone under level 80, etc. without worrying about making mistakes, except for having to recall and try again. Go to Bristugo (near Dalimond) and gate all over the world with the Grand Central Station of portals there.

Join the Marketplace, General, and other chats and get to know who's who on the shard. Talk to people about their guilds and maybe join one, or not.

Don't beg for money or power levelling. Most people won't give you the time of day if you do. Do ask for advice in General chat. You'll get plenty and it will be good. If you need stuff and can't find it on the Consigners, use the /who command to find crafters near your level and use /tell to ask them if they can make stuff and sell it to you. Give them time to respond to a tell. If /who does not show them in a known town, they could be fighting for their life.

Above all, have fun. That's what most of us are doing.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

That's some great advice!!

I also suggest finding a guild of like-minded individuals. Ask around about guilds, do a search and see who has the most on, ask questions of the guild members to see if you would be a good fit.

There are guilds for crafters only, fighters only, winged creatures only, dragons only and alot of different combo guilds.

A good guild can help you by giving you advice, help you gather items needed for your equipment, hunt with you, etc.

Also, get a map pack so you can see where all the mobs and resources are.

gopher65

are you sure you can still get "kill X mobs" adventure quests? I thought those were removed?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    are you sure you can still get "kill X mobs" adventure quests? I thought those were removed?
    At levels 1-5 and maybe 1-10 I was getting them from trainers in N.B. right after the merge, but it's the only time I've played a low level alt in the last 10 months, so that may no longer be true.

At higher levels the Trophy Hunter quests cartainly do take over. There are also supposed to be racial quests and lore-providing trainer quests eventually.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

neorandomizer

Thx guys do to the holidays i have not been able to play but i will use you advice.

gopher65

I heard the first Halfgiant racial quest is already here. I can't wait for more to be added:). I like racial/school specific quests.

What IS a map pack?

The map pack I am referring to, Pekkas map pack, is an upgrade to your ingame map that is player created. It contains markers to most of the mobs and resources in Istaria, showing their level in most cases. This map pack is awesome.

Thread Information