Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Banish Armor always hit

Default Make Banish Armor always hit

Just get tired of seeing banish armor miss so frequently. It's got a 10 minute timer and it's really the only thing that defines the KNoC class besides our summonables (let's not go there).

It says the ability is based on summoning, eventhough I have taken conj to100 it still misses quite frequently. I have a snazzy little emote that goes off when I use it, but it misses so much I'm considering making a separate hotkeythat says "Save your attacks, banishmissed again [:'(]".
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Default Re: Make Banish Armor always hit

Hehe. I know how you feel. Dragon lightning breath is on a 10 minute timer, does crap damage and misses 80% of the time.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Use perfect spell with BA
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

hey does it transfer?

Non masterable ability it be
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

automatic hit would be good
    Frons Von Frik - Order

<Turns sarcasm on>

Can I get an automatic hit on my Cleave IIplease...that would be really nice...right now it misses 50% of the time, and it would be nice if this ability alwayshit ...

<Turns sarcasm off>
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    <Turns sarcasm on>

Can I get an automatic hit on my Cleave IIplease...that would be really nice...right now it misses 50% of the time, and it would be nice if this ability alwayshit ...

<Turns sarcasm off>
    <sarcarsm>

Yes, cause Cleave is a class defining ability with a 10 minute timer. Cleave has a decreased chance to hit, it's supposed to miss frequently, great comparison.

</sarcasm>

BA is the only ability we get besides our buff and our summonables. Yeah you can use PS but it's somewhat anti-climactic using PS so one ability hits so you can then melee better for 30 seconds and then PS is done.
    Syntael Arclight
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Many class abilities with long timers miss should they be all auto hit?

Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

I'm having trouble thinking of something comparable to BA though. It's not an AoE ability and it only augments damage output for a short time. A similar ability would be ethereal blade, but that's cast on the caster and does not miss. Subsequent attacks could miss, but this is also true for BA. Also, part of the issue is the lack of class defining abilities for KNoC's. BA is our ace so to speak, I'd like to see it become more versatile because BA, Blessing of Istara, and our summonables are all we have for class definition. The buff is nice, but it's really not flashy/signaturesque/etc. Summonables look nice, but have worse stats than comparable crafted items.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

If you ask me, having a class defining ability like BA is so much better than some that paladins get...

Abilities that, when activated, have a 3 percent chance of doing 104% damage to undead...what the heck is that about?

Life strike is nice, but first you have to hit the mob, and then hope that the ability activates...

KNOC's aren't really all that bad off...you get your own weapons, no need to buy any, spells, armor, and some (Looks like) decent abilities that if you just adapt a bit you can use very effectively...

I keep hearing "Improve this" or "Nerf that"...did any of you people ever try to find workarounds or experiment around to find good combinations of abilities or gear? Seriously, this whole outcry of gimme gimme is getting old...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

I've never played a Paladin so Ican't say much for the abilities they get except for healing touch. I don't know how life strike works, it sounds like a self-buff that lasts forX amount of time? BA is a one shot deal that is cast on a singlemob, and then even if it hits your attacks still can miss.

Paladin however is a hybrid of a healing class and a tank. Their purpose does not seem warrantcarrying an abilityofsuch apurely offensive due to their healing capability. KNoC's don't have that luxury, our purpose is to kill fast before we get low on life.

Yes, there are workarounds, not really the point. I don't intend to use Banish armor every opportunity I get. I also don't intend to user perfect spell so BA hits so I can then melee until perfect spell has worn off and not use it for casting. As it is right now BA isn't reliable and it seems it should be because there is little else that defines aKNoC beyond this ability.I bring it up now because school improvement seems to be an important topic lately.

Regarding our summons, we get a sword and a shield. That in no way is justification for "no need to buy any, spells, armor." Furthermore, our summonables are unsocketable, have no added stats (except ethereal armor on the shield), and are not comparable to crafted items. Yes, they are free, but you will never find a KNoC that will tell you, "I chose this class due to economic reasons."

Regardless of the accusations of poor gear, unoriginality, etc, banish misses for this reason, it is based on summoning skill. Nobody raises summoning skill because there are extremely few spells based on summoning.If you intended to be a pure KNoC you wouldn't put points into summoning because your melee stats would be more important. As a caster you can't rely on just summoning spells so stats go into other spell lines. Furthermore there is no summoning tech so you can't supplement this ability through equipment.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

So as it is based on Summoning skill should my summon spells or abilitiesas a Conjurer,all have a 100% chance to hit? We do not have the armor a KNOC does.

No,I have to agree with Ssilmath here. Give one class a 100% hit chance without perfect spell and it will cascade down the line.

And Summoning is supposed to define a Conjurer.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    So as it is based on Summoning skill should my summon spells or abilitiesas a Conjurer,all have a 100% chance to hit? We do not have the armor a KNOC does.
    How are you making the jump from me saying that improving our one class defining ability which we really can't improve should retroactivley apply to the entire summoning line because they share the same skill?

Yes, you don't have the armor a KNoC does, you do have infixfury, ice barrier, phoenix rising, phoenix shield, fireflies, multicast 3,the damage shield which I can't recall the name of at the moment, the only class that get's enough summoning to use shining blades without putting training pts into summoning, etc. Multicast 3, shining blades, infix fury, and ice barrieryou can exclude if you want to keep it to class definition since they are usable by other classes. The conj class has a lot of abilities to define it, whether they are the greatest abilities is a separate debate. The KNoC has 2 summonables that are not comparable to crafted items, a buff, and a melee damage augmentation. The other abilities we get are the standard melee abilites that every other melee class gets.

Again,BA is an ability that effects your melee damage output, but is not reliable unless you use PS. To put this in perspective for a caster this would be like an ability that would make all your spells do etheral damage for 30 seconds, but first you have to hit your target with a melee attack based on a stat you cannot increase except through training points that don't play an important role to your class.

If KNoC's had some other class defining abilities I would be content with BA as is, but as it is right now we are fairly sparse in that department. I don't think we will be getting any additional skills so what I would like to see is the one ability that we havebe something fierce. If you were playing a class that had as it's class defining abilities 3 buffs, 2 of which wereoverpowered by crafted equipment, and a melee damage augmentor, I would hope for your sake that melee ability was truly awesome.

Actually in hindsight after starting this post, my objection isn't so much BA is underpowered, I think I'm just searching for more class definition (I'll get in line). BA seemed like a good place to start because it's a cool ability when it works. To be honest, I'd be perfectly content if BA didn't hit every time if we had a little more to set us apart.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

Zvah

Evisceration of Life is on a 2 hour timer, does less damage then a cleave and misses more often, but such is life.

I see no problem with needing to use PS in order to ensure my BA hits. My problem is the fact that things such as Rust V will block BA from hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    No,I have to agree with Ssilmath here. Give one class a 100% hit chance without perfect spell and it will cascade down the line.
    Quick, someone nerf Critical Strike before the ability to always hits infects all warrior melee attacks! Just Kidding. [;)]

I don't have a problem with this suggestion, though I can understand how someone would disagree. But let's keep things in perspective. This discussion is regarding a single ability, not all of a KnoC's summoning abilities. The fact that it is currently based on an ability that a KnoC doesn't get in abundance is the issue. Critical Strike always hitting hasn't caused everyone with CS to have insanely high melee skill. Perhaps an automatic hit would be too much, but maybe a bonus to hit? After all, every class I can think of that gets Cleave gets 10 points of skill per level in at least one weapon skill, whereas a KnoC only gets 7 points per level in summoning.

As for Evisceration of Life, what makes you think we don't think the same of that? Anything with a two hour timer should be impressive. The Paladin ability with a two hour timer is "Healing Touch" which is a full heal, which is definitely more useful than Evisceration of Life, and you still hear people say that it should be on a one hour timer instead of two. Just because someone speaks out in favor of something else doesn't mean that they want to increase their power, at the detriment of everyone else.

Thank you for keeping the thread in perspectiveKengar.

I agree an increased chance to hit would be better then auto hit, it doesn't need to be infallible, just more reliable.You summed up nicely why BA misses frequently.
    Syntael Arclight

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

*mutters about KNOD's*

Heh last thing i want is Banish Armor to hit more often, I was going to suggest less [:P]
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

gopher65

The archer version of cleave is Headshot. Rangers get 9/level weaponskill, ELARS get 8. So not every class with this ability (headshot is exactly the same as cleave but with a lowerdamage weapon) gets 10/lvl weaponskill. And we certainly don't get 10/lvl dexterity, which is the main skill/stat used in determining hits (apparently).

Thread Information