Thread: Helian or Lunas?......

Default Helian or Lunas?......

.......whats the difference between choosing to go the way of Dralk or Chiconis? Are there any long term pros or cons with either?

Have my hatchling at lvl29 adv & lvl32 craft with HV at 290k, so interested in getting advice on which path to take before ROP (or does this not happen till after ROP) *obviously too used to playing a biped*[:P]

Default Re: Helian or Lunas?......

Quote Originally Posted by Taynn
    .......whats the difference between choosing to go the way of Dralk or Chiconis? Are there any long term pros or cons with either?

Have my hatchling at lvl29 adv & lvl32 craft with HV at 290k, so interested in getting advice on which path to take before ROP (or does this not happen till after ROP) *obviously too used to playing a biped*[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    The difference is easy...
    Lunus have a slightly lower crafting requirement then Helians to start RoP...

Lunus get do a quest for the Breath of Lightning
    Helians can do a quest for the Breath of Ice

Other thenLore wise the difference between the 2 factions in form of gameplay is the same at this moment...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Kazairl Thirishrin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy

The difference is easy...
    Lunus have a slightly lower crafting requirement then Helians to start RoP...

Lunus get do a quest for the Breath of Lightning
    Helians can do a quest for the Breath of Ice

Other thenLore wise the difference between the 2 factions in form of gameplay is the same at this moment...
    Lunus also get a +20 Tooth and Claw and +40 Fire Resistance
    and I'm sure Helian gets something similar... like +20 Primal and some resistance too

About the craft requirement... I'm not sure about Helian, but Lunus now have to craft the 10 Obsidian Bricks themselves, not only get them somehow... as mentioned in the patch info.

Ixalmaris

And don't look only at the now but also at the future.

Lunus are melee orientated, Helian are casteing orientated. Currently except for a small bonus this doesn't effects the game much, but in the future new stuff might come out which will follow this lines)

And then there is the roleplaying aspect.
    Lunus believe that all bipeds are beneath them and have to be enslaved so that theycan't screw thinks up.
    Helien believe that all bipeds are beneath them and have to be tutored so they stop screwing things up.

don't have high hopes, but wait for ancient to come out you won't gain any notable stat benefits from the rop that you can't continue lvling just as is.
    Use ancient (if it grants us any differences) as a basis to make your decision currently they are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixalmaris
    Lunus believe that all bipeds are beneath them and have to be enslaved so that theycan't screw thinks up.
    Helien believe that all bipeds are beneath them and have to be tutored so they stop screwing things up.
    LOL - good one

Don't the recent changes to which abilities are Primal based or Tooth and Claw based give a slight edge to Lunus now? Or did I misunderstand the import?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Don't the recent changes to which abilities are Primal based or Tooth and Claw based give a slight edge to Lunus now? Or did I misunderstand the import?
    No I would say it gave a bigger boost to Helians really. With a primal/power build my Spiked Scales do an average of 150 to topaz golems 5-9 levels above me. I am healing for much more with my instant heal.

A Lunus would see with a T&C/Stregth build will see a bigger boast to ravage and a small boast to spiked scales and the instant primal heal. The silver strike and Gold Rage boost that would have pushed them way up most do not use becuase of the hoard cost.

At least thats how I see it.

helian and lunus gain 9 primal/t&c per lvl.

Adult gets +40 depending upon faction

You can tech scales with both t&c and primal

the difference in design is 40, so basically there is no difference.

I don't know a single helian or lunus that hasn't spent tps on primal.

Britt Tigahare

About the 10 obsidian bricks: this was discussed in the IRC chat by a dragon going through Lunus on Order. Only the wording was changed from acquire to create. You do not have to create them yourself, you can still be given the bricks. I can't imagine why on earth they changed the wording because now it doesn't make sense and is confusing.

Regarding Resistance,

Lunus get +40 flame resistance

Helian get +20 Ice and +20 Spirit.

Another difference, for the RoP, is that Lunus get it easy for boss kill. They get the Phylactry early and can kill some of the mob a lot easier.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Taynn

Have my hatchling at lvl29 adv & lvl32 craft with HV at 290k, so interested in getting advice on which path to take before ROP (or does this not happen till after ROP) *obviously too used to playing a biped*[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    The difference is on how much you opt for roleplaying within the Istarian lore about the dragon race and their relationship with the other Living Races.

You can easily find the differences due to game mechanics by comparing the different statistics and skills.

As for the hatchling Rite of Passages. The Lunus one is generally easier. That is for one reason I believe - it was intended more for dragon groupings with minimal "keep the hell away from me" bipeds. Game mechanics support it. Some, or many, players opted to see that as a fast way for their dragon toon to get wings. Game mechanics or lore, RoP as tasks to finish quickly or a series of trials to enjoy. It is how the player wants to have fun with this aspect of Horizons.

Advice? Talk to the NPCs as part of the Historian's tale. Talk to the other dragon players. Read the Dragon description on the website. Remember that part of the Trials of the Gifted - Knowledge task of seeking the historians in Tazoon (or accompany a new character and ask him/her to summarize it). Read any lore Gilding Frost has posted on the Lore section of the forums.

Helian or Lunus or something in between? It is what you make of it and envision for your character to have fun in character to character interactions. Or it is just getting that extrabit of Primal or Tooth and Claw for your dragon shaped toon after being powered through the Kill X of Y tasks (aka RoP).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Prophercy

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Tigahare

About the 10 obsidian bricks: this was discussed in the IRC chat by a dragon going through Lunus on Order. Only the wording was changed from acquire to create. You do not have to create them yourself, you can still be given the bricks. I can't imagine why on earth they changed the wording because now it doesn't make sense and is confusing.
    Hehe that was me *blushes* I lost the quest for the statue and had to re do it from scratch (has the spare eye to prove it). I bought the bricks and it acceted my efforts. I have since assended as have other lunus dragons that did this the same way. Tho the dev were a little un sure as to how I lost half of a quest and had to re start it (wich was never solved). Thank goodness it was only the statues and not the WHOLE RoP, I had every thing nearly done.

Thread Information