Thread: Taking over someone else's account

Default Taking over someone else's account

If someone is leaving the game can I take over their account - transfer the billing of the account to my credit card? Basically can I run a second account that someone else started?

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this particular question.

Thanks for your help.

Sammo
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter
    Plot owner in South March

Default Re: Taking over someone else's account

Because usually you have to open a ticket and contact a CSR for non standard stuff.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Taking over someone else's account

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo
    If someone is leaving the game can I take over their account - transfer the billing of the account to my credit card? Basically can I run a second account that someone else started?

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this particular question.

Thanks for your help.

Sammo
    Yes. That is how I got this account.

You would log-in with their log-in information (e-mail address and password, then change both) then update the billing option. Also good to submit a support ticket so they can update their user records (so they know a new user owns the account).

When I did it, I logged in with the two characters the other one made (to see what they had, curiosity), gave away the stuff (mostly useless), then deleted them.

Just be careful. Taking over an account may be against the EULA if it was purchased for more than the nominal cost of the game materials (as inpaying for a developed toon).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information