Thread: Spirit vs Etherial ... what's the difference?

Default Spirit vs Etherial ... what's the difference?

All spirit spells do etherial damage and so I have always assumed that there is no real difference, but the new blight update says there is so what is the difference?

From Blight Patch Notes 3/21/05:
    "Spirit Arrows now convert damage to spirit (note this does not make it ethereal)."

Any Ideas...?

Default Re: Spirit vs Etherial ... what's the difference?

It goes like this:

Ethereal attack ignores all armor except ethereal armor. Ethereal armor is only good against ethereal attacks. All other types of attack - slash, crush, fire, spirit, nature, you name it - are compared against normal armor. Yes, this means both melee and spell damage is resisted with your normal armor class.

The thing clouding the issue here is that certain spirit spells actually inflict ethereal damage (spirit bolts, most commonly). They do ethereal damage, not spirit damage, and rules of ethereal damage apply to them.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Default Re: Spirit vs Etherial ... what's the difference?

Gotcha. After reviewing spells/abilities I see that every spell/abilitydoes etherial damage except 1 spell [ToL]and 2 abilities[Syphon, Area Syphon]. These did do the same enddamage with respect to base until July which is why I had thought there was no difference [ also why I thought I was stealth nerfed in July ]. Thanks.

Thread Information