Thread: Vaults - Rearrangement by System

Default Vaults - Rearrangement by System

How many of you are experiencing your vaults being rearranged from the last time you saw it by the system with no input from you?

How many have gotten the same platitudes from CS about them as I have?

How many are wondering what the problem with having it resolved is?

I submitted a support ticket in October 2004, ticket number 69721, last response from AE/TG personnel was 5 months ago, what is the problem with having something resolved on this?

Amon?, your the last one to say anything on the ticket, whats the status?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Default Re: Vaults - Rearrangement by System

Same for me since the beginning of the game.
    In my vault it only effects the first 3 rows.
    Same is for house storage. But here the complete storage is effected.
    Everytime I open it (for the first time) the icons are all completely messed up.
    I tried putting everything precisely on it's own place, but this does not help.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

I've had the same problem. The only solution I've found is:

BACKPACK POUCHES :)

work fine to organise your vault too. And now with the new coloured ones, you can even colour code your bags as to content :)
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Storage-system of placing and moving things (within house, guildhouse etc) is one system; inventory- and vault-system of placing and moving things is a different system. They don't work the same; and both have issues, though the storages have some móre serious issues at the moment still. For ease, lets refer to the two different systems as 'storage-system' (though silo's don't work that way while they áre storage) and 'vault-system' (though all that is said for vault counts for inventory as well, they are the same in way of working).

Storage-system (guildhouses, houses): Will not let you move anything around in there, be it in main-window or in a pouch you put in there (pléase change this devs...).
    Basically,as far as I have been able to find, whatever you move from the 'vault-system' to the 'storage-system', gets moved to the same spot in the storage-window as where it was in your vault-/inventory-window when you opened that window (so if you have moved it around áfter opening your window, or have only moved it into your inv/vault window áfter opening it, then the storage-system will forget those moves and act on where the thing you move was when the inv/vault window opened).
    Trick here (a very tiresome way, and not even working always 'as intended' but mostly it does): in your inventory/vault window, or even better in an emptypouch-window of a pouch within your inventory/vault-system (gives you more moving-freedom): move the thing you want to move to a storage first within your vault-system-window (be it main- or pouch-window) to exáctly the spot where you will want it to be in the storage-window later, after moving it to there. Then close ALL windows concerning any storages (vault, inventory, pouches, storage-windows and pouches there: éverything!). Then re-open them again, thén move the thing you want to move from the vault-system to the storage-system (be it main or pouch in both).
    Serious issue within the storage-system: if you use pouches (a great way of organizing indeed), and you do something in a pouchwindow (within the storage-system), the main-window of that storage does not update itself. This means volume and itemcount given there are not correct untill you have closed and reopened the main-window. Now, if you have worked in one pouch within the system, and then open another pouch to start working in there, chances are véry big that you will crash. First warning you get sometimes is a white block where first was a graphic of the thing that was there. The second you see such white blocks appear: close everything and start fresh... one move further and you will crash for sure if you don't . But you don't always get this warning. Only safe thing: if you have done anything that shóuld reflect itself in the main-window or it's bar but doesn't, then close everything, then reopen againto continue.

Vault-system (vault, inventory and any pouches in there): within this system you can freely move things around as you wish.
    Issue: the 'system' kicks in and moves the things around to other spots then where you want them after closing/re-opening, and certainly after relogs.
    Trick to bypass this issue: You need to remember, that anything you yourself move within a window will stay in place (any window, main or pouch of vault or inventory, all work the same). But note: within a window; so nót when moving from one window to another. And also: only as long as the item or stack is not touched in any way.
    This amounts to the following that you need to do: When an item has arrived in the window where you want it, MOVE IT. Even if it is at the exact spot you want it: then move it one spot further and move it back again; but move it yoursélf, that's the trick, this will 'lock' the item to it's place.But: every time that item or stack gets used in any way (added to, subtracted from, used, what-ever) you will need to repeat this process, because ány use/change 'unlocks' the placing of the item and from then on, unless you lock it again, the system will move it around as it sees fit.
    Would be very nice if this work-around would not be neccessary anymore; but this dóes work, anyway... never had this 'moving-issue' again, exceptwhere I myself had forgotten to 'relock' things thathad been used/touched.

If you don't reply to a ticket after a Dev has, I believe it automatically closes after a month of inactivity. Most new cases I've opened have been answered in 24-48 hours or less.

I've never really had this vault problem though, all my vaulted items are arranged in backpack pouches, and with some good sorting and naming you can find anything without much trouble.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

One thing I have found is there is a button in the upper left hand corner of the window that will automatically sort your items. The order is the first item put in goes in the upper left hand corner, second item goes next to it, so on and so forth...So what I did was put in backpack pouches, named them, and put them in a certain order so I just hit that sorting button, and then go to the fifth pouch and open it to get at Tech comps...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

my problem with storage is that I can never place max bulk or capicty in any storage container it will always stop short.

I filed a ticket long ago, and got the response that it could not be duplicated (!) so I sent in a second with more details, but no further action was taken.

I thought then that there was some confusion between windows, and if I had one of my windows smaller than another, sometimes the rearrangement would occur in the larger window within the boundaries of the small window. Since I now keep all windows the same size (annoyingly large) the rearrangements still occur but are much more benign.

I like to arrange tech comps by line. Top two lines tier III, the next two Tier IV, etc., so a scramble there or the crystal area is really irritating.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

As far as vaults go, if you open your vault, move something once (especially things that stack) and then close your vault and relog, that item will usually be resorted to be placed at the top left corner. If you have moved several things (or split them, etc) they will all try to be up there and can really mess your vault up.

If you get in the habit of moving everything twice, first to a temporary spot in the vault and then to the spot you want it to be in, then this will not happen near as often. It also helps to leave the top three lines clear, so that if you forget to move something twice, or you get something returned from a consigner, then at least it doesn't reshuffle more than it has to.

It has something to do with how code makes the list for your vault. Things that get moved drop to the end of the list and it somehow doesn't deal well with them being there for the first time...

I've completely analyzed this problem, along with the vault shortage problem, for them and posted it three times already. The latter is a very hard-to-locate bug, but the former is just a symptom of the design of vaults.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia

my problem with storage is that I can never place max bulk or capicty in any storage container it will always stop short.
    There's also an issue where some teched items take up 1 extra invisible bulk per tech. So far this seems to only effect teched dragon scales and biped cargo armor. There could be more things, but I haven't tested extensively since I rarely play my biped and she doesn't have a lot of teched stuff.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

The issue with the vault not being able to be filled should have been resolved with a recent patch. If you are still having problems filling it to capacity, submit a new ticket and say Smeglor asked you to have your information forwarded to him.

Perhaps I haven't explained it properly, I'll edit this later with appropriate graphical explainations... :)

here is a picture of what I'm refering to, items rearranged are not limited to things in indicated by the arrows, just the arrows are being used to indicate some things moved to some positions.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    The issue with the vault not being able to be filled should have been resolved with a recent patch. If you are still having problems filling it to capacity, submit a new ticket and say Smeglor asked you to have your information forwarded to him.
    Still isn't fixed for me, Smeglor. Talk to Amon, he knows about my situation, and the probable cause we figured out together.

It is directly related to my teched dragon scales, as the amount of missing bulk is EXACTLY the number of non-socket techs on all the dragon scales in my vault.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Seranthor, I understood you as well. I'll see what we can do about the vault placement issues.

Melianteas

The only one problem I have with Vault is that I can not upgrade cause the NPC for the quest at Unity Tazoon Vault is missing since a week ago.

The others things works fine to me...

Thread Information