Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sustainable multiclassing for a new Horizons

Default Re: Sustainable multiclassing for a new Horizons

Anyone notice this thread was started and mainly been edited by Dragons?

Seems Dragons think they know exactly how a multiclass should be since they can't.

actually, Vah is very subjective on these things, unlike most others.

i was simply pointing out the misperceptions of the many who think they knowmulticlassing.

It's only a random occurrance that I "am" a dragon, it's more the programmer (my RL job) talking here.

Actually atm I am not dragon at all because even if I have 2 accounts running I am effectively on WoW and other places most of the time.

Why? The dragon's maxed. He's perfect (remember's second name's Vain [;)]), kicks many bipeds arses (*I* can solo now all the bosses I tried hard enough, many others cannot), his "class" has exactly what I want and I don't want for sure to raise "other classes" because I don't need anything else and still I can die and have weak points as a serious game balance should give.

The biped altthat I like a lot, wholly grown up by myself (sometimes with a peer level friend to keep it less boring) including self made weapons, tools and armor; got the exact classes I want (reaver healer and warrior (a bit) and many craft ones) and I don't feel like raising other I don't care to raise.

Actually I'd love to "extend" reaver with talents or epic skills or whatever. Guess what? I cannot. Why? There's only one way, multiclassing something _else_.

Too bad I don't miss the least being reaver / healer AND mage, druid or who knows what, I just want to play my _reaver_ and work on it. Yup, in Horizons you don't grow your class like you want, you must raise non related classes to suck up their stats, even if it stinks roleplay wise.
    Conclusion: sorry I prefer playing where I can work on my characters using their own stuff.

Hope this clears up my (dusting) "dragon" position.
    Which could not care the less about dragons vs anything anymore. I finished my year long "mission" thatwas to get healing fixed, hoard attacks fixed and some other minor stuff and now I go on with my life where I find it fun and challenging.
    Some time, I come on Hz forums with "other, openeyes" off other games and see what Hz misses so clearly.

One of the things I see (just one of many) is about all sorts of game mechanics used to get "the edge". The need to manage PvP in a fair way and serious game policies make so that in other games what here is natural (i.e. getting exp killing mobs 40 levels above or below), there is simply cut away. People must confront on peer levels for real, a suckaful maxed / powerlevelled dude in other games stands out 10 times more than in Hz (because could not nurture up every stat and become much more "fail safe") and is "blacklisted". In Hz the maximum effort you have to do is to bash the same 5 keys, a thing that even a bad player learns after a bit.

In fact in my entire year in game (150 days in game too) I met possibly 10-20 "really good"people . The others, placed in other games would never get a party.

Of course Hz is very good to certain people, and would do nice as a niche game... if that niche could self-sustain it. Instead it does not. And one little step is about getting rid of rating and all what this base rule imposes on the game.

Really, I cannot "channel" how useless is to redo level 1-100 x 10 times (except as a sad excuse to "invent content where there is none") when you could directly learn the skill of another class you need just by "buying it" with exp.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

the RP aspect can come into play easily with MC. take Reaver for example: a pure Reaver got a pretty cheesy build (especially after the bat where all mobs got ethereal armor up the ying yang), not enough blight/spirit/warrior stats. best to MC and take Spiritist and Berserker up. Zerker stats, Spirit/Blight at top form, now switch back to reaver and he's much more complete, and still a Reaver. take up Healer as well, all classes should. nothing wrong with a Reaver that can heal himself.

the great thing about HZ is all can take up Healer and while in current form, can at least have 2 decent heals. i like it a lot for i don't have to spam for a healer everytime we go hunting, unless we're hunting the nasty stuff. (Note: Healers have 11 lines, a MC got 2).

take up Mage. in Reaver form he can't do much with mage stuff, except elemental buffs and some other wards and so on. hardly a mage anymore. it no longer make sense to use flame bolts for the axe can do more damage. bottom line is that Reaver have gone to mage school and learn some nifty stuff, but no way is he anywhere near as potent as a real Mage.

etc.

i need coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    take up Mage. in Reaver form he can't do much with mage stuff, except elemental buffs and some other wards and so on. hardly a mage anymore. it no longer make sense to use flame bolts for the axe can do more damage. bottom line is that Reaver have gone to mage school and learn some nifty stuff, but no way is he anywhere near as potent as a real Mage.
    Reaver is based in the mysic spells, so the arcane crossover will not give a lot of mage-ness. They have put strict limits on those two main spell types as far as crossovers and who can use them. And they are good limits because they make sense.

Take spiritist, and jump back to reaver, and you have a more potent spiritist, spellwise. Not that it is a bad thing, just one of the interesting aspects of the game I never fully understood. Similar situation with knoc to arcane.

If I were to make a new multiclass system: I would keep it how it is for the most part, but do some tweaking in the melee to caster areas. That way a spirtist, a reaver, and a multiclassed spiritist/reaver, were three very different and unique classes for example.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Thread Information