Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discuss todays update here

Default Re: Discuss todays update here

Quote Originally Posted by Kozzak
    i always play with my friend im lvl 65
    [...]
    so now how much xp i will get from lvl 120 buddy,, 0.000000 i bet
    when grouped, you should get very little, if any. You are ~55 levels below the mob. Sadly, even if you are an active member in the group, who heals and debuffs, you do very little to actually kill the mob so I believe it is a step in the right direction to fix the accelerated PLevling. It has its downsides, but with the system they have now for awarding XP it is the only quick solution.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I don't at all care for the Blight change.

If you read the forums, you'd come away with the impression that power-leveling or solo hunting are the main hunting modes. But most players do their hunting in friendly groups.

In my experience, guild hunts are pretty common. But with the guilds' size reduced, you havestrongly mixed groups.The social aspect, which wasa major factor in developing the current formula, is strongly reduced by this change.

This is a change that does not need to be made. I know some object to the power leveling that can occur, and although it offends their sensitivities, it does them no real harm. If someone cannot play the game appropriately for their level, that's their problem, not mine.

It is a meat cleaver change, and I think it would have severe unintended consequences.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

why cap it at 120? I have seen ratings over 200.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    when grouped, you should get very little, if any. You are ~55 levels below the mob. Sadly, even if you are an active member in the group, who heals and debuffs, you do very little to actually kill the mob so I believe it is a step in the right direction to fix the accelerated PLevling. It has its downsides, but with the system they have now for awarding XP it is the only quick solution.
    Sorry, but that is a load of hogwash. Sometimes it is the Healer/Debuffer who ENABLES people to fight tough mobs in the first place.

Party members who DO SOMETHING to assist, whether they damage the mob, make the mob easier to damage, keep the party alive long enough to kill the mob, or help control the flow of battle (by controlling adds, for example) deserve just as much XP as everyone else in the party. This BS about "if you don't do damage to the mob, then you don't get XP will have no one bothering to play any support classes, and force everyone to Multiclass into a tank. Joy.

Count me out of that. thanks.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

imported_Zayin

I just wish trophy quest's were based on rating as opposed to level . As it stands now the mobs are way to easy to kill for my current level due to a higher rating would be nice to get quests for exp like back in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by magius
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:
    I don't believe you people sometimes.....

Ok hows this:

200 spells. WOOT!!!

now can we have a lv 100 healer quest to increase the limit to 300?
    You only have 100 hotkey buttons. What would you do with 300 spells? Are there really 300 useful spells in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]magius wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:

Ok hows this:

200 spells. WOOT!!!

You only have 100 hotkey buttons. What would you do with 300 spells? Are there really 300 useful spells in the game?
    The short answer is yes.

visiting times vari

tired of waiting.. must play.. ::twitch:: [:'(]

Quote Originally Posted by magius
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Senkeleron Fell wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]magius wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:

Ok hows this:

200 spells. WOOT!!!

The short answer is yes.
    Even when changing classes (my biped has about 6 100 schools, most are caster)all the time I did fine with 100. now that I stay as my main school, I don't even need 100. 200 is more than enough.

The simple solution is to go with the group but just not BE grouped.

Then the lower rated players don't suffer an exp hit, and get the benefit of the higher levels wisdom and help.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Pad-
    I am glade you had groups to level with.Unfortunatly I have to solo my biped. As such I need those t1 buffs/spells. Lets count a bit shall we?

Aug 23 spells
    Life 14 spells
    Nature 13 spells

Thats 50 spells per level.

With T5 spells thats 250 spells in just 2 classes.

This is my basic set of spells and as I am a current multiclassing biped, I need them.

visiting times vari

I would also like to have an estimated time [O] that the Order shard will be back on line. That way one could check at that time to see if the shard is back up or not. Wonder who a message could be sent to asking this question????

I love the idea of 200 spellbook!

imported_Zayin

yes 200 i will take no problems here.

Nay miners/gatherers get XP from processing resources (making tannin, bricks, bars, cut gems, etc) and "tasks"

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Kozzak
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img] seems its time to quit game, nerfing done on blight today is straw that broke my back [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]

i always play with my friend im lvl 65 and shes like 94 we hunt lvl 80-120 now hers rating is 125, if that messes up my xp i will stop playing,, why u say,, well shes the only reason i play game,, and if she not on it's imposible to find group anyway. Im I being power lvl'd.??? dam not, im healler and debuffer, i debuff mobs and heal my group memebers,, it doesn't metter what my lvl is im active participant in group

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img])

While I understand your point, you will still get ample exp grouping in the above circumstance.

120 rating is low enough to still get exp from mobs that are 75ish.

You will notice a decrease but you will still get substantial exp (you will still level much faster than you would have pre-CS).

This new calculation is only going to seriously gimp as follows:

1)Rating 200 players probably won't be welcome in many groups
    2) The bulk of rated 150ish players will not be able to PL others effectively at mobs that are below level 100.

The scenario you describe will still net you a fair amount of experience if I am reading the change correctly.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Kozzak

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kozzak wrote:
    i always play with my friend im lvl 65
    [...]

Aa a healler i don't kill anyting in first place, if u are not multicastin and your firt char is healler as mine,, then ur only choose is grouping. i aded debuff class in healler resently to become suport class, yes dedicated suport class ppl tell me i dont know how to play and should of started with tank first but that didn't happen i became what im now,, and BTW i can kill mobs 15-20 lvl above me, with very bad effiency, i mean 5 mins each, i can heall me indefenetly,, so i play in group i heall groups tank, and debuff mobs,, so if we have 5 ppl in gruop why shluldn't we able to kill 55 lvl above us if we have tacktick and know how to do it? i have spend countless hours planing tackticks how to kill and live some things that ohter say imposible, even i do 0 damage i keep alive those whose class was designed for killing.

Healers/Clerics and even druids contibute to a group in a big way and more often than not can allow groups to take on stuff well beyond what they could without a healer.

Your rating 125 friend would not prevent you from gaining xp from level 100 mobs. Infact you could farm T4 mobs and still gain xp just at a reduced rate.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

imported_Zayin

Way i look at it if you and your friend have fun hunting and you get exp for the group whats the difference. Your gonna hit 100 sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]tjl wrote: when grouped, you should get very little, if any. You are ~55 levels below the mob. Sadly, even if you are an active member in the group, who heals and debuffs, you do very little to actually kill the mob so I believe it is a step in the right direction to fix the accelerated PLevling. It has its downsides, but with the system they have now for awarding XP it is the only quick solution.

Sorry, but that is a load of hogwash. Sometimes it is the Healer/Debuffer who ENABLES people to fight tough mobs in the first place.

Party members who DO SOMETHING to assist, whether they damage the mob, make the mob easier to damage, keep the party alive long enough to kill the mob, or help control the flow of battle (by controlling adds, for example) deserve just as much XP as everyone else in the party. This BS about "if you don't do damage to the mob, then you don't get XP will have no one bothering to play any support classes, and force everyone to Multiclass into a tank. Joy.

Count me out of that. thanks.
    too right
    i got a friend of mine with a 100/100 draggie so she made a biped and lately ive been hunting with her as biped she allows me as mage tohunt indestructable fyakki 1 at a time i tink the blight patch is just a bunch of b.s. and also I belive its a step backwards really becuase we wont have as many people PLing cuz noone will want to play anymore so well it'll prolly fix the PL problem but kill the game also(worst patch ive read about ever)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

:o
    *Hears a waambulance rolling about*
    I think any changes are good changes at this point in the games cycle.

I think its about time they made fyakki and necros worth their challenge and not worth their level/rating.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thread Information