Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discuss todays update here

imported_Zayin

Default Re: Discuss todays update here

am i the only one that prefers thornwoods over flies? i think they are a decent challenge and give good exp.My rating is 117 but i can usually fight them 1 at time with little down time .

Quote Originally Posted by Zayin

am i the only one that prefers thornwoods over flies? i think they are a decent challenge and give good exp.My rating is 117 but i can usually fight them 1 at time with little down time .
    I absolutely hate thornwoods with a passion, especially Thistleface, which is why I've been looking for him as of late.. that.. that big peice of wood..
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Smeglor wrote, (sorry I don't handle the quote thing well)

"Higher rating characters can still group up with lower ratings and help them get experience. What has changed is they can no longer do this by killing monsters that are ofno danger to them yet are higher rating than the other character(s) in the group. Basically, you must fight something that is a challenge in order to gain experience (for anyone in the group)."

That sounds reasonable, but. The problem here is that then the lowers can't hitthe mobs. A group huntwith mixed levels is a social experience for our guild (usually) for players to have fun. If the youngers can't hit the mob, they really don't like it. And much of the loot is meaningless to them also. And we simply don't have enough members anymore for five or six group members all in the same tier.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Logikality
    A few weeks ago I was actually 49 levels lower than the lvl120 necroflies, I was grouped with a lvl 80 character. We were doing good pulling 1-2 mobs (I was the tank) didn't really do much damage, but I could tank. now being 49 levels lower than the mob, I know that 6 levels lower than your 55, do you think I should have gotten exp from the mob?
    yes, you should get the exp.

and i'm sure it was great xp for you, and for the most part it still will be if this change ever goes live. your xp would be based off what that level 80 got though. (which is still a large amount)

the situation you just outlined should never happen IMO though, and it is all part of poor mob design. the necroflies are not in any way hitting and attacking like a level 120 should be, yet they offer almost the same xp as any other 120 out there. of course they did buff them in this patch i think.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

whata day to get the athlon back and reinstall everything for Sabast.

Yah, Chaos' pyromaniac mage will be back soon. The HD *and* a memchip on the PC fried at once. That's it for box-machines from the store. The next one's going to be custom and have racing lights built into the dang thing.

cause i like neon.

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    yes, you should get the exp.

and i'm sure it was great xp for you, and for the most part it still will be if this change ever goes live. your xp would be based off what that level 80 got though. (which is still a large amount)

the situation you just outlined should never happen IMO though, and it is all part of poor mob design. the necroflies are not in any way hitting and attacking like a level 120 should be, yet they offer almost the same xp as any other 120 out there. of course they did buff them in this patch i think.
    Meh the exp was ok not good not bad. I got better exp off a lvl95 golem solo. If they changed the T6 necroflies I hope they changed the other tiers to reflect that change. It wasn't just the T6 that was under powered.

My problem is that on guild hunt nights, I most likely won't be able to go anymore because our guild is mostly crafters and we would organise outings to get tech resourses t3-t4 and whup a little tail. now ifI go, no one gets xp for that. :(
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Nice! Crafters @ level 100 now get the Fifth Gift Slot![;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

To discuss something that is ACTUALLY in the update meant to be discussed in this thread (take your Blight update discussion to a Blight update thread ya slackahs! :P)...

Malt, Confectioners actually need to have room enough for three structures... Conf shop, Mill, and Kiln.

I was really hoping they were going to make this shop as they originally announced it... A generic shop capable of having one machine out of many. I guess maybe they didn't go ahead with that because maybe they realized people would not have need of any other shops since machines can be activated and deactivated thereby allowing for selection of another machine anytime they wished. Of course, I don't know if there is any limit to the amount of times one can (de)activate a machine but this is my best guess why they didn't do it as originally announced.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for the Kiln (finally) but I can think of SEVERAL more appropiate, favorable, and just plain better ways they could have done it. /shrug

*self modded and moved to the appropriate thread*

hmmm should prob say something about patch...

Woot for knowledge book increases
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

At least the pottery shop has a small footprint! Yay!

yea but its......ugly......

Anyway, about that shop:

The beginner shop requires:
    10 cedar timbers
    10 cedar braces
    5bronze joints
    10 sandstone blocks
    10 sandstone keys

Jman shop requires tier 2 versions of this; expert requires tier V versions.

My question.....shouldn't tier 2 require either tier 3 or tier 4 resources? Going by the model and past precedent of tiered structures, it looks like it should take tier 3 resource (beginner tier 1, jman tier 3, expert tier 5).

Oh! I built my first expert shop!! Only took 3 hours :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Azuria

I hope that portalling with an equipped disk will gradually include standard (original) disks. I spend a lot of time on Wisp Isle harvesting essence and making orbs &amp; construction units. The xp isn't necessarily as important as me being able to contribute to the community. I can make Dim constr units to make more trees to hug in my guildies' plots, make a few pale &amp; glowing orbs to stash away for alchy potions and for armour techs. The new disks, which are portal-able, only allow 1 type of item. This is fine if PL'ing crafting is your goal (almost an oxymoron, power-leveled crafter[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img].)

Problem chickens that peck at other chickens may be controlled by de-beaking: removing the pointy part of the upper beak. Let's be careful we don't de-capitate our chickens when we try to de-beak them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Nice! Crafters @ level 100 now get the Fifth Gift Slot![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Huh? My 100 weaver and mason both have 4 gift slots.....
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order
    yea but its......ugly......

Anyway, about that shop:

10 cedar timbers
    10 cedar braces
    5bronze joints
    10 sandstone blocks
    10 sandstone keys

My question.....shouldn't tier 2 require either tier 3 or tier 4 resources? Going by the model and past precedent of tiered structures, it looks like it should take tier 3 resource (beginner tier 1, jman tier 3, expert tier 5).

Oh! I built my first expert shop!! Only took 3 hours [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Well, tiered structures are different from Beg/JM/Exp structures. If you have a look at the resource reqs for all of the Beg/JM/Exp structures you'll notice not a single one uses T3 resources... Beg uses T1 but no T2, JM uses T2 and T4 but no T3, and Expert uses T5 and I believe T6 (I could be wrong about that one, never planned an Expert structure).

It would make sense for a JM structure to use T3 and T4 resources but then HZ doesn't exactly make sense most times. lol

About the update.

Just to say that I thought the dragon newbie island was pretty nicely done. Kept much more in lore, introduced the dragons to crafting and adventuring and a few of the comlications of each, and did it FAR better then the old tutorial where dragons just seemed tacked onto the biped tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]cauri_order wrote: yea but its......ugly......

Anyway, about that shop:

10 cedar timbers
    10 cedar braces
    5bronze joints
    10 sandstone blocks
    10 sandstone keys

Oh! I built my first expert shop!! Only took 3 hours [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Well, tiered structures are different from Beg/JM/Exp structures. If you have a look at the resource reqs for all of the Beg/JM/Exp structures you'll notice not a single one uses T3 resources... Beg uses T1 but no T2, JM uses T2 and T4 but no T3, and Expert uses T5 and I believe T6 (I could be wrong about that one, never planned an Expert structure).

It would make sense for a JM structure to use T3 and T4 resources but then HZ doesn't exactly make sense most times. lol
    Well, I do have a theory on teh shops and resource requirements. A long time ago, on a board far far far away, they once mentioned the ability to upgrade structures. Now think of it this way, upgrading structures sort of implies the ability to use resources from the previous structure in the new structure. THe only real way they could do that on the 3 shop levels was to make them have some resource requirements in common. Thus we have:

Beginner - Tier 2 resources
    Journeyman - Tier 2 and 4 resources (upgrade beginner to jman, only have to do tier 4)
    Expert - tier 4 and 6 resources (again, upgrade jman to expert, only have to do tier 6).

Now, going on the same principle with the new shop on the progression of tiers....it SHOULD be

Beginner - tier 1
    Jman - tier 3
    Expert - tier 5

The other shop types DO have a resource requirement appropriate to the level of the shop. Beginner has tier 2, Jman has tier 4, and Expert as tier 6.

Anyways, not really complaining about the resource types on it. Just commenting on what I say and how it didn't add up to the other 2 shops.

My upgrade theory doesn't really work on this new shop, but then again, the amount of resources needed is so small it makes what I listed above as somewhat meaningless.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information