Thread: Coordinated strike?

Default Coordinated strike?

I dont know about the rest of you... but I dont think I have ever used the ability "Coordinated strike" with my biped alt. Maybe because it requires someone else to use the same ability directly after you use it for it to have any effect.
    And that might be a possible solution... effect, as in visible effect. A flow of sparks or smokeor something to show that the mob has been struck with this ability.

Or maybe make the initial strikedeal 110% damage?

I think this ability should be revisited and enhanced in some way to make it more useful. Right now it just takes up room in my hotbar, and it will surely be the first hotkey to be replaced if I run out of room.
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Default Re: Coordinated strike?

I haven't ever used this ability and found it useful. From what I understand, the ability's effect is giving the mob a lesser chance of evading (by increasing our attack skill) and the damage they take in the next 1 min is increased by50% (150% total). I noticed no change in damage or chance to hit on the many occasions I did use this ability.

Note: I haven't looked at this ability in many months, so I may or may not have described its effect correctly.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Not sure about it too, but isnt it that way that you have to hit him with coordinated strike after the first time again to make more damage? so thats why you have to be with more than one guy to use it...
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

the 150% dmg only applies to other coord. strikes of a higher tier ( im pretty sure)
    I noticed its limited usefulness as I was multiclassing wizard. I had coord flame bolt V mastered from my mage, and my wizard had coord ebolt VI. if I cast the ebolt after the flamebolt, it did more dmg. that's it.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I think they intended this ability to be used during raid type situations. If you ever played EQ you'd know about how it would work. Basically set up an order with fellow casters/melee, agree on an amount of time to pause before the next person in that order performs their spell/ability, set up a text line in your hotkey informing when you've performed your action, test our the coordination, then do it on the mob.

It's the only device we have currently that really lends itself to any form of strategy for large groups. Seeing we rarely get together in large hunting groups or have mobs/time to work out an elaborate attack such as that Coordinated Strikes/Bolts don't get used. not even during events.

I've been saying since they asked a long time ago about what abilities we use and don't use that Coordinated Strike/Bolt needs some form of attention or just be replaced because in this sort of game it is pretty worthless.

I've used it. If i use a coord bolt followed by a coord strike I get the 150% damage boost which is fairly significant. Its not hotkeyed at present but It should be while I have space (don't normally)
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

there are 11 Paladin abilities i don't use, some are generic melee such as Crappinated Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    there are 11 Paladin abilities i don't use, some are generic melee such as Crappinated Strike.

So "Crappinated Strike" is crappy? Or does it decribe the effect of having the Poopy impact the Air Circulating Device? Maybe its a POS? All of the above?

Kwinn

P.S. crappinated strike....now thats funny, I dont care who ya are
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Hmm... I always thought Coordinated Strike worked different?!?

It says the next attack have an increase chance to hit.
    And.... the attack does XXX% more damage.

So when I hit a mob with Coordinated Strike, the initial hit does XXX% more damage than a normal hit and the following hits have a higher chance of success.

Not that all the hits during the effect duration have the bonus damage.

I notice that when I get hit by a mob which uses the Coordinated Strikes/Bolts I see the effect/buff icon in my list, too.

So I always thought the ability was working okay.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

It is, it is working fine but it only applies to other Coordinated Strikes/Bolts. You get the icon because for that small amount of time you are open to higher damage from other Coordinated Strikes/Bolts.

As for the % more damage. You have to remember that what that really means is the attack will do it's normal damage + however much percent over 100% in addition to normal damage. An example would be, lets say an attack does 110% damage, so the attack would do full damage plus an additional 10% of full damage; IE an attack of 50 would become 55 @ 110% damage.

I really wish the damage bonus *would* apply to any other hit following a Coordinated one though. Would at least give Coordinated a use outside of mega-multiclassed bipeds and non-existant coordinated raids. :P

It is, it is working fine but it only applies to other Coordinated Strikes/Bolts.
    [:$] duh, I thought it worked for all coming hits... well... than it's really not worth doing it and using the "timer" for something else.

-- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

While startingaround lvl 65+ with hunting Marrows, I liked to use coordinated strike just before the Multi - and the chance to hit was much better.
    But well with rising Melee skills it slowly lost it's use and*sigh* it shared timer with the lvl 80 Cleave II....

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Thread Information