Hacked this out this morning in about an hour, so it's really rough. My apologies to Draxxis if I didn't quite get the character right. I tried to base it on the old D&D red dragons, like he mentioned he had.

I am taking requests on stories, if anyone's interested. I'm happy to throw together little one or two page mood peices for people. :)

Metaniono- Part I

Draxxis watched as the ground disappeared beneath him, his powerful red dragon wings allowing him to go higher and higher until all the world beneath him was tiny and looked like he could take it all his grasp. He liked it above everything and best of all, he liked to be alone and above everything.
The world is too uncertain. People, family, and friends: they make promises and commitments and then things change? or they die. That had always been the way of it with the red dragon. Family torn from him while still a hatchling, he learned that the only person to be relied on, was one?s self.
But even he had to admit, sure as that path was, it was also a lonely one.
Plink?s words from a few days before were still echoing in his mind as he banked on a gracious west wind and turned more towards the Char. The little dryad was so puny and weak looking, that it almost made Draxxis sick to think of him. Blue wings, orange skin with a turquoise tattoo over his body and that ridiculous hair! It looked he just cut it himself in a big circle around his head, on level with the tops of his eyes. Those eyes didn?t seem weak though, not even to the mighty Draxxis.
He?d hovered before the adult red dragon with a determination in the way he held himself, but his arms stayed by his side: exposed and showing no fear.
?I know what you?re looking for Draxxis.? Plink had said.
Draxxis had laughed. How could the puny naka-duskael know the mind of a Great One, such as the Mighty Draxxis? But the answer stopped him momentarily.
?You want power, Draxxis?? the voice was calm and unshaken. The other group of dragons and naka-duskael around them had stopped in their conversations. It might as well have been just the dragon and the dryad. ?I can show you more power than you would ever posses on your own.?
?I don?t need or want,? Draxxis growled lowly, ?any power from a naka-duskael.?
Plink turned slowly and smoothly to make a sweeping motion to those who stood behind him. ?This is more power than you can possible gain on your own,? he said. ?This is a community, Draxxis. It is stronger than any power you posses.?
Again Draxxis let out a low laugh, ?Weak Helians and naka-duskael are no match for the mighty Lunus. Why would anyone give up their own power for the sake of a mis-matched group such as this??
?Love, friendship, community. These are powers far outside your reach for now. Take ahold of them. Learn them. You want power, Draxxis? Here is power!?
?Enough!? the red dragon roared suddenly, wings beating powerfully, to bring him to flight. ?I don?t need or want help from a small and weak naka-duskael!? And with that said, the red dragon left. He never heard the comments afterwards. He never heard someone say, ?He?ll never change.?
?He?ll change and learn to lead and follow, or he?ll kill himself fighting it.? Plink answered.
?If he ever comes in charge,? another countered, ?I?ll leave the community.?
?Relax,? Plink said calmly. ?I?m visionary, not insane.? His eyes were on the small speck of red heading toward the horizon, thinking to himself, ?There?s a leader in there, and it?s worth fighting to get to it. I can?t do all this alone.?

After so many days, it should be gone from the mind of the dragon, but the words wouldn?t leave him, not even in his sleep. Plink had directly offered one of the two things he sought, he?d offered power. But the other thing, the one that Draxxis least wanted to admit to himself and usually didn?t, was Plink had also offered for him to not be alone anymore. He offered friendship, and support, immersed in helping the beings around him.
Was there really the kind of power in that of which Plink spoke? Was it an even greater power than he now possessed. Draxxis could not stop wondering. And as often as his mind refused to admit to a power greater than his own, he could not stop himself from wondering.
The wind flew past him and gave lift to his wings, blowing with a strength that made it almost exhilarating to feel. But it could do nothing to drive the thoughts from the dragon?s mind.