Thread: Problem with resistances?

Default Problem with resistances?

Hey there. I opened a support case with the details of this problem, and as usual was thanked and told that this is a known issue. Unfortunately, they apparently don't know what the issue actually is.

Before the major patch two weeks ago, my set ofgold resistance jewelry (Flame Resist/Ward III on the earrings/rings/bracelets, flame resist crystal in the necklace) was eliminating all damage done by the Scorching ability of the flame and fire beetles. Since the patch, though, they don't have any effect at all. I also checked with the Immolate effect, and they don't make a difference there, either.

Has anyone else had any similar problem with resistances since the patch? Can anyone say they're definintely *not* having this issue? Just trying to figure out what exactly the issue is... flame resist, all resists, resist jewelry, or whatever.

-Cerryn, Order

Default Re: Problem with resistances?

I have noticed this occurring randomly since the patch...
    Got Cowbell?

Randomly? How so? And with what equipment?

Ok, I've been doing some more testing on this... I made a set of Ice Resist jewelry and tried it on Ice Golems, and I got the same damage range from Ice Barbs before and after putting the jewelry on. And, to prove it's not just me, I gave the jewelry to Levity and had her run the same test. Same result.

I'd like to ask anyone who has equipment that provides resistance bonuses to perform some before and after tests. Jewelry would be the best, since for armor, the difference in your Armor score before and after putting it on will affect the results. Just compare the damage taken from something fairly consistent (regular attacks, damage shields, DoTs) of the appropriate damage type before and after wearing the equipment and post the results here. Please list your resistance value (from the Character screen) before and after, and the approximate damage range before and after.

I don't know, since retail more than one player has noticed that resistances have rarely worked right (along with evades/spirit damage), or the devs have been less than forthcoming on what the slide scale is/formula.

It would be nice if a dev would clarify.

Well, in my case, my original flame resist jewelry worked flawlessly for probably at least a month or so... then as soon as this last patch hit, it quit working entirely. It was pretty easy to notice, since I fought Flame/Fire beetles a *lot* in that period. Before I constructed the jewelry, I was taking 8-10 scorching damage every time I hit the beetles. Then, after making the jewelry, it was reduced to 0. Since this last patch, it's back to 8-10 damage per strike, as mentioned earlier. That's why I'm now looking for specific data from people to see if they've stopped working entirely.

Thread Information