Thread: Petition for "More shortcut bars"

Default Petition for "More shortcut bars"

May I suggest to increase the quick bar to a count of 15 or 20.

My rational, now with evryone playing 2-4 different class, it is a pain to redo you quick bar each time you switch class, and these extra bar would come handy for those less require pre made keys.

These bar would not be fast recall (ie.: shift-1), but could be access via those up & down arrow at the top of the bar.

They would permit to do some line coded associated to a single key click, like "/setpref_portal", "/setpref_long", "equip_craft", "equip_jewlery1"or "equip_armor"
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

DocMoriarty

Default Re: Petition for "More shortcut bars"

I fully agree, this would help a lot. Make it 20 total, 11-20 accessable by CTRL-1 to CTRL-0.

Thalak

If we can't get more bars, can we get a dynamic way to load hotbar sets? I think this would be a great feature to add in the game options. If we could pick a set to load, we would be dealing with one setup time and possibly get around the need for more clutter with even more hotkey bars.

This has been posted several times before, but regardless, I agree completely.

I could EASILY fill at least 20 more keys with things that I would use regularly.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

/agree

Although we might need to wait for a new client
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I can't imaging having 120 hotkeys on my screen at once, but I would like to be able to load hotkey sets, depending on what profession I'm in at the moment or what crafting skills I need.

Cutting the number of hotkey bars to 2-3 significantly reduces lag for me.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    I can't imaging having 120 hotkeys on my screen at once, but I would like to be able to load hotkey sets, depending on what profession I'm in at the moment or what crafting skills I need.
    I'm already at 10 bars of 10 buttons fixed, and one more that I use to switch back and forth so I can use the numbers to activate things, so I don't see that as much of a problem.

I'd be happy just to get bars 11-20 even if I can't hotkey to them. I could take the fixed bars that I use now for combat, move most of them to the 11-20 range and leave them up as dedicated bars, then fill in the moved bars with keys to hotkey-equip different sets of equipment. It wouldn't change the number of bars that I have displayed, but it would let me set up buttons for different combat/crafting configurations, something I have to do by hand right now, and it's easy to overlook stuff when your vault has over 200 stacks of different armor, weapons, and tools.

My dragon has 2 hotkey bars on screen, but about 9 bars worth are in use. I switch banks up and down.

My multiclassed biped has 6 on screen and I'm constantly relinking abilities when changing classes.

We could use double the number easily. Doesn't mean they are all on screen. but helps alot with multiple classes.

preset UI's that u can switch on the fly would be an excellent addition i agree.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Not sure I agree that it would be excellent, but it would be better than what we have. I'd prefer more bars to switchable sets of bars, mostly because of having to update every set of bars if you get a new ability/spell.

Longer bars could also be nice, say I set bar 0 to be 45 buttons wide (or whatever would fill the width of the screen, that's only a guess), position it right at the top of my chat windows, and I set up buttons for commonly used stuff that I would never need to activate via keyboard (buffs or equiping sets of jewelry/armor, for example).

Now, I wouldn't want all my bars to be that wide, so the setting would have to be per bar.

I'll add my vote in favor of allowing us to load sets of bars. And to go a little further, I think the same stretegy would be good in other areas, such as maps. Sometimes I like higher-res maps with lots of markers (a la Pekka's), but sometimes I don't want the 30-sec delay in pulling it up, so I'd rather have just a plain overview map.

YES YES, I need more hotbars too.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Count me in as well. I have two bars for fighting. I also take up two hotkey bars per tier of construction, one for processing raw resources and the other for construction units. As I get to higher tiers, I fear it may take up more than that. I'm currently using 7 and I'm just getting into tier 3.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I would like to have more as well. but i was under the impression that you could save different setups and switch between them with the /saveUI and /loadUI feature ingame. never really done this myself though so i don't know exactly how it works. would be nice if someone that knew more of these features might post tolet us all know how they work.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

i was under that impression as well in the beginnin laneth...messed with it a lil bit but doesnt seem to work that way as far as i can tell...but if it does and someone knows the trick do tell ;)

an imo...more bars or the ctrl0-1 route would be an awful lot of clutter on the screen or cumbersome in the case of ctrl0-1...ryzom had that system and i really didnt care for it. I play 1/2 and 1/2 with bank switchin usin shift0-1 and some perm bars on my screen...more switchin usin ctrl just hurts the wrist after extended play for months on end...but if ya want carpal or 8 million bars on the screen obstructin yer view...by all means ;)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

signed

GIMME MORE BARS!!!
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Just a small tip for those who have several dedicated crafting hotkey bars:
    Now that the higher level formulas include all of the lower tier products, you can just leave the highest tier product on the hotkey bar and reselect the product from the create menu. It is an extra click or two, but it clears up quite a bit of space as you can turn 25 resource hotkeys into 5. This is especially helpful for gems, as with 2 clicks you have access to15 gem types from one hotkey button.

Drev

Thread Information