Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update Notes for July 12th, 2005. - modified -

Default Re: Blight Update Notes for July 12th, 2005. - modified -

Logikality, you may have forgotten about all the posts that said that Cobalt was a royal PITA, and needed to be made more friendly to the playerbase. ( so in actuality, we were involved )

However, Mith being "too easy" carries with it other game affecting aspects that needed to be addressed as well. Part of the reason we have so many wanting "Elder Game" content, is because they are running out of levels to gain. Mith makes doing this much too easy and needed to be changed from the developers perspective.

To be sure it's a bold move on the Dev's part to make a change like this. But even with all the noise, most will adjust, and if they see long term growth from such like changes, most will realize it and support it. As you drive your car down the road, you MUST switch gears, or be left behind. So we all do well to ask ourselves, can we switch gears too? If a change comes in that affects us, do we adjust to it and move forwards, or refuse to get out of second gear? Those that adjust continue to have fun.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Yes metalcrafters, you're being bent over. If you don't like it....leave. Thats a cool move.

Mithiril too easy? I can't wait to hear the screaming when they nerf all the other easy ones. .

The Devs knew what they were doing when they replaced the gold with mithiril, they knew what they were doing when they placed player RCI plots within short distances of said resource fields, as well as other resource fields.

This change is not needed, theres 50 other ways to PL just about any crafting skill. So I have to ask whats next? So, when do you stop? After you've driven more players away?

Bold move? no a bold move would be leaving as is. It's a chicken sh_t move, its a bad solution to a problem they caused on their very own. This isn't a player exploit they just found, this was a decision they made back at the merger when they added the plots. No matter what smoke you want to blow where this is all the devs creation.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Yes metalcrafters, you're being bent over. If you don't like it....leave. Thats a cool move.

Mithiril too easy? I can't wait to hear the screaming when they nerf all the other easy ones. .

The Devs knew what they were doing when they replaced the gold with mithiril, they knew what they were doing when they placed player RCI plots within short distances of said resource fields, as well as other resource fields.

This change is not needed, theres 50 other ways to PL just about any crafting skill. So I have to ask whats next? So, when do you stop? After you've driven more players away?

Bold move? no a bold move would be leaving as is. It's a chicken sh_t move, its a bad solution to a problem they caused on their very own. This isn't a player exploit they just found, this was a decision they made back at the merger when they added the plots. No matter what smoke you want to blow where this is all the devs creation.
    And so they knew what they were doing when they gave us several months of easy mithril access, and so they must know what they are doing as they take it away. As you point out it is their creation. Things change, life goes on.

yes, another. "just let them make the game just a little more boring"

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Logikality, you may have forgotten about all the posts that said that Cobalt was a royal PITA, and needed to be made more friendly to the playerbase. ( so in actuality, we were involved )

However, Mith being "too easy" carries with it other game affecting aspects that needed to be addressed as well. Part of the reason we have so many wanting "Elder Game" content, is because they are running out of levels to gain. Mith makes doing this much too easy and needed to be changed from the developers perspective.

To be sure it's a bold move on the Dev's part to make a change like this. But even with all the noise, most will adjust, and if they see long term growth from such like changes, most will realize it and support it. As you drive your car down the road, you MUST switch gears, or be left behind. So we all do well to ask ourselves, can we switch gears too? If a change comes in that affects us, do we adjust to it and move forwards, or refuse to get out of second gear? Those that adjust continue to have fun.
    I have seen posts of Cobalt being too hard. I experienced that myself PRE merge when you had to run 10 min to get to a spawn and there were no nodes for another 5 min. But no one mentioned Mithril being hard. Alll I know is someone posted an IRC chat where it was being discussed. Thats why I said we (the forum goers) should have been involved. If not that maybe put out a survey and let all Horizons players have a say in it.

Edit: I do like the changes that are being made, but I feel there are better options out there that the devs are not taking. IE combining the resources into one node. Make metal carft just like all the others. Or just make all the others like metal craft, would you be ok with that Aamer?

Problems so far from blight:

Cobalt nodes are identical to mithiril nodes. So you have to go through the whole field and touch each node.
    Not enough cobalt. It disappears quick, then you left porting to kira

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thanks for reminding me. When I got on blight I was at the mithril for about 20 min and saw a field of about25-35 nodes (I didn't count the total) and there were 4 cobalt nodes. Now to me that isn't even close to 50% or even the 33% need to smelt Mithril. Oh and there wasn't any Rich Cobalt or Mother Lode Cobalt nodes either. So I would figure about 3-5% total Cobalt in that field or about 1 in19 if you include the Rich Mithril nodes I saw.

No part of waisting time fiddling with mithril has anything to do with Elder Game.
    Maybe if they would work on ELDER GAME CONTENT instead of this junk players would be able to SHIFT GEARS! Horizons has two gears, Slow and if you complain about the SLOW gear you ******** sure not gonna like the other gear. Jeez Aamer give me a break with that post! Facts are facts

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Actually I'm in favor of upping optimal smelting by 100 points, and leaving the cobalt out all together.

I can easily adjust to whatever change takes place, IF one takes place. If the optimal for mith becomes 1200, I will have to take miner up to at least 85 to return to optimal. Would this be a pain? Yes, but I have that as a plan anyway, since I understand we will soon see T6 forms ingame, and will need to up my skills to continue to grow.

I have specialized in metals since the start. I will continue to develop that skill as far as it can be taken. If it takes some changes to get T6 metals, I am very willing to do what it takes. I love to craft, and mining and smelting is just part of that mix. Complaining or overreacting to a proposed change is at best premature, and at worst self-destructive. I will see what happens, and figure out how to work with what we get. Just like always.[;)]
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

If they just up the opt skill for mithril, then they are completly making sure that dragon's would never be able to smelt mithril at 2:1. They are the only race that already has to have all teched scales to be opt on all the T5 resources they work. So why should they nerf most a little and totaly nerf the Dragons on mithril??

I don't want them to touch the mitril in the first place. if i could get on a node without 5 golems spawning on top of me, i might call it easy. the only thing this is going to happen as a result of this change is people will start camping the plat field. and since they will be able to smelt plat at 2:1 using a single resource it will make up for the multiple resources or 3:1 (however they decide to go) mithril.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Actually I'm in favor of upping optimal smelting by 100 points, and leaving the cobalt out all together.

I can easily adjust to whatever change takes place, IF one takes place. If the optimal for mith becomes 1200, I will have to take miner up to at least 85 to return to optimal. Would this be a pain? Yes, but I have that as a plan anyway, since I understand we will soon see T6 forms ingame, and will need to up my skills to continue to grow.

I have specialized in metals since the start. I will continue to develop that skill as far as it can be taken. If it takes some changes to get T6 metals, I am very willing to do what it takes. I love to craft, and mining and smelting is just part of that mix. Complaining or overreacting to a proposed change is at best premature, and at worst self-destructive. I will see what happens, and figure out how to work with what we get. Just like always.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    I am having a problem with you calling it a proposed changes. It is already on blight, meaning beta testing to see if it breaks anything else. It is definatly not a proposed change. It is coming. I would like to think there is something else they can do other than add 100 points to smelt it, or add another resource in the mix.

I might be wrong here, but isn't it wiser keep the barn door closed (to correct the issues with the proposed change on Blight) than to try and catch the cow and close the barn door after the cow has left the barn? (try and act after its arrived on the live server)
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Complaining or overreacting to a proposed change is at best premature, and at worst self-destructive.
    [:@]
    I think, as paying player of the game it's my right to tell the Dev's my opinion about the suggested changes. As I though the thread was mentioned as feedback. Would it be mature to sit down and wait for changes, which as I think are not to the better, just becauseothers (eps. those who shout PL loudest)think metal is to easy?
    Btw. It doesn't really matter for myself, as the only left to do Mitrhil-lvls are Armorer 95-100.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

How is it pre-mature when it is on BLIGHT ALREADY?!

And please quit insulting and devalueing other peoples concerns by saying the are complaining or overreacting. If we didn't feel it was important we wouldn't speak so loudly.

No insult was intended. Realize at least 2 sets of players have QUIT over this so far that I know. To to that before it's implemented is overreacting.

And, just because something is on blight, does not mean it will get to live.... to quote another, JEEZE... how many things have we seen changed or dropped in the move from blight to live?

You guys really need to read a bit more, or try to remember better. I have said from day one that I didn't think this was the best way to control leveling... which to me is really why this change was done. Increasing grind is just going to cause the very reactions we have seen.

HOWEVER...

How can they introduce T6 metal crafting, ( and everyone assumes it will be very hard to craft ) without establishing the method that leads to it? Just because we may want it easy and fast, doesn't mean the Dev's do. We can suggest alternate methods, or we can get angry, complain or quit. I'm planning on staying, so I offered an alternate method.

If a player cannot accept what happens next, and all they do is complain, and offer no constructive alternate way to accomplish what the Dev's want to do, how much value does that complaint really have? If anyone perceives a problem, they should come up with another method. But I doubt the Dev's will rally around "because I don't like it".

The posters in this thread that have offered constructive suggestions don't want anyone to quit. We want to find ways to adjust to this if it happens. If we didn't value other players concerns we would collectivly say... "if you don't like it, lump it" ...But you don't hear that do you.

No insult was intended. Realize at least 2 sets of players have QUIT over this so far that I know. To to that before it's implemented is overreacting.

And, just because something is on blight, does not mean it will get to live.... to quote another, JEEZE... how many things have we seen changed or dropped in the move from blight to live?

You guys really need to read a bit more, or try to remember better. I have said from day one that I didn't think this was the best way to control leveling... which to me is really why this change was done. Increasing grind is just going to cause the very reactions we have seen.

HOWEVER...

How can they introduce T6 metal crafting, ( and everyone assumes it will be very hard to craft ) without establishing the method that leads to it? Just because we may want it easy and fast, doesn't mean the Dev's do. We can suggest alternate methods, or we can get angry, complain or quit. I'm planning on staying, so I offered an alternate method.

If a player cannot accept what happens next, and all they do is complain, and offer no constructive alternate way to accomplish what the Dev's want to do, how much value does that complaint really have? If anyone perceives a problem, they should come up with another method. But I doubt the Dev's will rally around "because I don't like it".

The posters in this thread that have offered constructive suggestions don't want anyone to quit. We want to find ways to adjust to this if it happens. If we didn't value other players concerns we would collectivly say... "if you don't like it, lump it" ...But you don't hear that do you.
    This change has nothing to do with Tier 6, they already said adamantium would be an alloy. The devs setup the mithiril fields and they setup the plots, theres no mistaking intent. The problem is once again a gaming company bowing to the whims of the whiney minority. Mithiril is not easy, anyone who says so has never felt mhedrons wrath. Or found themsleves quite dead because 3 golems popped at the same time. Yes, it is convenient to have the smelter so close. But it's just that, convenient.
    My alt is an enchanter, he works the shining and harvests it himself. He's a 36th level shaman, so don't tell me how hard shining is. And I've taken him down to the ironsilk while I was there. Sure, there are mobs but you don't have to be a genius to avoid them.

This change has nothing to do with improving the game or gameplay. It only adds to the drudgery that is crafting especially for metalcrafters.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Drugery was exactly why I said from the beginning this was not the way to control leveling.

The Dev's have a vision for how metals and all resources should work and be done. It ain't my vision and it ain't yours. We can't change that. All we can do is make suggestions.

I keep hearing about this noisy minority that appears to controls every change that happens. Of course, I can't find or remember anyone ever saying that mith was too easy, besides Manga the design lead for TG. I really would love to know who you are talking about... gonna try to join that group!

Realize at least 2 sets of players have QUIT over this so far that I know. To to that before it's implemented is overreacting.
    I guess that's not direct over the change itself, it's more lost trust into the Dev's, a lotother craft thingies are still missing (have I said cnf?) and instead they mess around with alloys.

I don't have access to blight as Unity player- and haven't seen alot stuffon blight patch notes, which didn't came live.

How can they introduce T6 metal crafting, ( and everyone assumes it will be very hard to craft ) without establishing the method that leads to it?
    The same way I expect them to introduce T6 essence, stone, wood aor fabric crafting - which I assume to be very hard as well.

We can suggest alternate methods, or we can get angry, complain or quit. I'm planning on staying, so I offered an alternate method.
    np with that, but accept that people might didn't like your suggestion either.

Well the Dev's shouldn't forget the "because I don't like" could also become "because no one likes it". ********, we are paying to play, not to grind. I think they should better take some care what the playerbase likes, unless the want droping subscribtions.

Well all suggestion I've seen were like "hey don't hurt me that hard...... but if you really need to, hit me here, there it doesn't hurt that much.....or wait better just hurt the others, as my skills are high enough that wouldn't wouldn't bother me anymore.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

The Dev's have a vision for how metals and all resources should work and be done. It ain't my vision and it ain't yours. We can't change that. All we can do is make suggestions.
    Evidently they don't, they implemented it the way it is and now months later change it. Like I have said, this in no way improves gameplay or makes the game any better or anymore fun. The only thing it accomplishes is to piss off and chase away PAYING customers.

The changes they should be concentrating on are changes that enhance gameplay,make things better. Not easier, just better.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I may be mistaken, but just because it's on blight doesn't neccessarily mean it will make it to Chaos and others.

Has anyone tried the change in blight? I think thats the point. I don't personally go there because my character isn't loaded there yet. One day I will and I will go there with the knowledge that it is a test area.

Jayne

Thread Information