Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Changes

Default Re: Current Changes

You don't think that maybe there was a friendlier way that you could have made your suggestion to help them see what they were missing in the great outside then?

Yes it it a game, couldn't agree more with your observation of that in another thread. For one reason or another, however, this game or another game can become a huge part of a person's life. and the rest of us may never know or understand why that is.

Let's not forget that some folks passions are running high currently and they may feel that they are being done unto within this game that matters immensely to them in their everyday life.

I hope that those who think all changes are great and those who get miffed by a change or two weather the storm and stay, keeping this game afloat as I enjoy it enough to want to have it available to play in the future. Don't you?

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Aboroth
    Which is all im doing, expression my opioions, none the less.

And confectioneers maybe not a priority due to the face the only thing i needed a confectioner for was ambrosia, which requires EoBs which i was to lazy to get, so i simply went to a ambrosia vendor ( not sayign confectioners are useless, once again just expression my opioion ) . And if you feel confectioner is so bad, simply dont do it, i mean everyone told me to go ranger instead of elemental archer because they have been badly nerfed (this is an example). So i knew the risks of doing ELAR, i still did the class, but did i complain, no because that was my decision, just liek it your decision to pick the confectioneer class, and can also due a different class multiclassing.

As i have stated before these are my opioions and i can't stress that enough, i may be wrong to others, right to some, i do NOT mean to be rude etc, if you have taken that from what i have said.
    Expressing our opinions, that?s what this is all about. You don?t have to agree with mine just as I don?t have to agree with yours. We do get to freely post them here though. (Well unless you?re a known trouble maker from Chaos [:p]) lol

I would caution against this ?I don?t need that class for anything, so ignore their problems?. That?s not trying to put words into your mouth, just that this kind of thinking can quickly lead to ?Just get rid of the class all together?. ELAR had power and then lost some of it, yes they got nerfed in the true sense of the word. CONF have never had the power, and have received many a promise to revamp their class. Totally different ball game there. And for the record I?ve not picked up CONF yet, I?m only pointing out that I?d much rather see the effort going into changing mith devoted to making that class worthwhile for those who choose to take it. I?m no where near ready to tell them tough s*#t, you chose to level a class that is broken, now shut up and stop complaining. I think they have every right to be angry and expect fair treatment and prioritization when it comes time to delegate projects. As it stands right now, I believe we?ll have T6 processing and craft forms for most of the schools before we see real progress for Conf.

And you haven't hurt my feelings with your posts. Just as none of my posts should have hurt yours. Lively discussion is how the game describes our board here, were just making sure we fit that billing. [;)]
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Well we are all human and so are the Dev's. No at this moment in time I couldn't be anymore friendly. I get tired as do others. I see how hard the dev's work and I have seen there commitment. I have seen them spend counless hours away from there family to make people happy and for what?

So we can complain about everything that doesn't go our way in the game?

Lets see...............

I think all rare items that have been removed from game should be brought back, why because I didnt get a chance to get one "Boars mask for instance"

I want the return of the original Gigeroth because I didnt get to kill it.

I want all my leveling of blacksmith to be easy so please dont change it yet till I get my blacksmith to 100. Oh by the way I'm level 20

Yes the list can go on. Do I actually complain about these things, NOT

I don't care. Its a game that yes I enjoy and I'm on as much as the next person. And whenever I'm on I make the best of it, Period

Jayne

BTW, they did state that the revamp of Confectioner is slated for August...

Well I am level 74 outfitter, so if they keep it as it is until you get to level 100 with your blacksmithing, then that will be great for my outfitting, unless of course you play 24/7, in which case I will still miss the boat.....

You should start your own thread expressing your need for blacksmithing to remain easy for a bit and I promise I will support your requests........*winks*

Rainbow

Aboroth

Quote Originally Posted by Machivelli

Expressing our opinions, that?s what this is all about. You don?t have to agree with mine just as I don?t have to agree with yours. We do get to freely post them here though. (Well unless you?re a known trouble maker from Chaos [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]) lol

I would caution against this ?I don?t need that class for anything, so ignore their problems?. That?s not trying to put words into your mouth, just that this kind of thinking can quickly lead to ?Just get rid of the class all together?. ELAR had power and then lost some of it, yes they got nerfed in the true sense of the word. CONF have never had the power, and have received many a promise to revamp their class. Totally different ball game there. And for the record I?ve not picked up CONF yet, I?m only pointing out that I?d much rather see the effort going into changing mith devoted to making that class worthwhile for those who choose to take it. I?m no where near ready to tell them tough s*#t, you chose to level a class that is broken, now shut up and stop complaining. I think they have every right to be angry and expect fair treatment and prioritization when it comes time to delegate projects. As it stands right now, I believe we?ll have T6 processing and craft forms for most of the schools before we see real progress for Conf.

And you haven't hurt my feelings with your posts. Just as none of my posts should have hurt yours. Lively discussion is how the game describes our board here, were just making sure we fit that billing. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Well no you havnt, i was just making sure i didnt, because thats not what i want to do, not to you or others.

And im not saying, "I dont need the class ingnore there problems", thats the worst thing you can do, other then deleting the class, i respect confect people for working real hard at what they do. Im simply saying, there are other things you can do, and if you feel the class is to hard, you picked it you knew the problems you would face. And Elar may have been powerful but i wasnt there for when it was. I was imply relating

Rainbow, LOL.

If that were the case you would have plenty of time. I started in Nov 04. So as you can see as I always say, I'm no crafter. I dont think I have touched a mining pick in months.........except the time I hit my mining pick hot key while fighting, duh

Jayne

I would like to address some of these questions/comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    You know I'm still trying to figure out how in the world some think that Tulga owes us some explanation. Yes it would be nice to know things and I think they release what they need to.
    For those who still play the game, I will presume to say they think that they have the right to an explanation and answers because they pay their $12.95 a month to play. While this may seem insubstantial to some, let's not forget that it's all those $12.95/mo accounts that are supposed to be paying the salaries of those who the players are asking the questions of.

Just like at my job, just because you work there doesn't mean your privy to the information. So no, Tulga doesnt owe us a ******** thing.
    In this instance I would liken the players to the President/ CEO of a company, not just an employee, seeing as how thier $12.95/mo pays the salaries?And mostCEO'sarein the know. And yes, Tulga does owe the player something, for without the player there is no game.

And like I always say, you have to make a mess before you can clean it.

If its so bad of a game and you dislike it so much then leave, simple. I know if I was in as much discontent as others I see here, I would leave.

Bye go away, good riddens, see ya, asta la vesta, aloha!!!!!

Jayne
    Having already cancelled my acct due to my feelings about the game, not just what is being done to it, but what isn't being done, well... *shrug* Just because we don't agree with what is happening doesn't mean we should be allowed less of a voice than those who jump up and down with their big #1 foam fingers and thier I love Horizons t-shirts.

I love the game, I love my friends who play the game, I don't like where the game is headed, therefore I cancelled my acct.
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

Actually Aboroth, the "you picked it, you knew it was broken" excuse isn't true most of the time. You need to remember than the majority of players of the game have nothing to do with these boards. New players come in and may take up Confectioner because of one reason or other and never even know it was broken to start. Come level 40 and hrmmm, missing formulae.... Hang on, why isn't food selling? Why do they only want Ambrosia? Wait! There is no Brewing tech? WHAT?! No Expert forms either except cookery?! And the list goes on and on.

So some people decide to continue with the school even after discovering its sorely lacking content and viability. So that means they have no right to voice their opinions, concerns, and frustrations about it? I think not. If everyone - who continued to play and participate in various things in the game after discovering these things being broken - didn't voice themselves about those broken things, this game would get ZERO done and probably wouldn't exist now. Lovey dovey, namby pamby, kiss kiss hug comments isn't going to get the problems brought to light and addressed.

Jayne, your statements anger me. But your still great so instead of getting mad i'll try to put a little perspective on it.

A virtual world is a place to hang out much like a bar or coffee shop. Now if you had a favorite bar that your friends and you loved to hang out in for whatever reason. All of a sudden the bar turns to crap, dont clean up the bathrooms, all the pool cues are broke, the juke box is mysteriously turned too low and now all they serve is Zima. Your friends keep asking for new pool cues, light beer and to clean the ******** bathrooms but the owners just seem to keep ignoring you. Now sitting at the end of the bar are three old bitter farts, that just like zima beer, hate loud music, and dont give a ******** about dirty bathrooms. After awhile no matter how passionate your friends and you are about thebar its becomes very obvious that they are listening to the wrong people or just dont give a dern.

Take your pick

NimKhazad

Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Aboroth

Yes shadow i know most people are not in the forums, and not everyoen knows, i should of really sayed the ones who continued it al the way and sorry for my mistake.

And as far as lovey comments.....as you can see the moaning and complaining is not getting you anywhere either, im just tired or hearing about all the moaning and complaining about something, sure it needs ot be brought up, but not to the mount some people do it in, and not for the amount of time they have done it.

Even with the new emblem quest, great idea glad everyone is getting into it...then whad you know, people complaing about him being camped, his recharge time, it got so bad i belive amon spawn a whole army of khars.

Going back to the mithril, it's worth noting that when I tested it on Blight, the xp/ore was down by more than 30%.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

On Aggro:

Currently it is not nearly as bad as it was when the change first came out. It is far more manageable and dare I say, almost a good system in that tanks CAN tank if they are skilled enough.

To wit:

The mobs will currently look at rating differential initially. If the tank is much higher rated than the lowest rated player, the mob will have a tendency to appeal to said low player. However, damage is now an effective means of holding aggro, and if the tank is much higher rated (read:uberped) than he or she should be capable of dishing it out enough so that he can hold aggro.

If the group is all similar rated, the aggro tends to be more evenly distributed, but needless to say the lowest rated player doesn't get ganked.

I tested this tonight at the fire opals. I was doing full field pulls with a rated 60ish and a rated 80ish player. I am rated 208, which is a substantial difference. The mobs should have DARTED for the lower players, but my damage kept them on me. I did about 1 hour worth of pulling full field (10 to 19 golems), and on 2 pulls I lost 1 to 2 golems due to my own inaccuracies.

So in my opinion, with an evenly distributed group, there isn't an aggro magnet to get wailed on, and with a powerlevleing group, the tank has the responsibility to manage it and should be capable given the current aggro that is in place.

As far as needed changes, in my opinion:

Theonly things I see that needs some adjustment now is in the weight that is placed on healing, but nonetheless I do think the aggro is pretty close to a good system, it just needs some fine tuning.

I would also very much like to see more intercept/defend and taunting mechanisms.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Jayne, we are not on WoW forums, where every concern and complaint is welcomed by a "if you don't like the ways of the game quit it, else stfu". You are just player #1,367,822 of 3,500,000.

Ideally Horizons cannot afford to lose even a single player, and MANY of them are so dedicated, so attached to the game since years that deserve some comprehension when they get discouraged.

If the thing does not matter you because you are not even a crafter... what do you want to say to people spending days and days on dumb interminable grudgery cores (in Horizons jargon it is called "crafting")?
    Leave them be, they cause little harm anyway.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

in terms of crafting i think tulga should provide easy ways for crafter to exp for every tier through alternate resources that don't result in usable items, but in a game where nearly 100% of equipment is crafted this type of resource gathering for usable itemsshould be expected.

I wish they had done it in a different manner because revisiting early tiers just to make a few metal bars is insane and tedius, not hard at all. It rivals eq farming in my opinion.Maybe make the golems dropthe secondary 1/2 part of the ore every time, as this would alsohelp thatcrafter/adventurer relationship.

They have said this change was coming a long time ago i think i first heard about it 3-4 months ago. We all knew mithril was too easy to make, but i for one think this is a bad way to handle it for all tiers.

Xorith

I have an idea...

Lets make it so you can buy all the resources you want for 1cp each off of a merchant with an endless supply in the middle of a huge crafting hall. This merchant will also have every form and tech in the game for 10cp each. No more tokens, no more markers. Yes, this sounds great. -- NOT.

I say bravo to this change, and look forward to more. Crafting, at current, isn't difficult enough. The only exception to this is the fact that miners don't really get another formulae they can use like nearly all other schools do to aid in levels. Really though, I've worked through that.

And Confectioners... this keeps getting brought up, even though it's in the design preview. I've never seen anyone bring it up *with* positive ideas. Only with complaining. "Give a little, get a little" still works here -- give some constructive ideas, and maybe you'll get a little something back. Also remember that what goes around, comes around. You give nothing but negativity (complaining, whining, trolling, etc...) and you'll get nothing but the same back.

Crafting really needs to be more of a challenge. Things need to be worth more, and this community needs to take off their pampers and roll with the punches. Really, you asked for something to be made easier, and this prompted the devs to take a look at the whole line. They realized that it is out of whack, and they're putting it back in place. If everything was suppose to be how YOU wanted it, then guess what? YOU'd be running this game. The devs have to consider everyone and what's good for the game, and not everyone has a problem with this change. Further, just because the only ones who do have the spare time to come on here and complain about it doesn't mean that the change deserves a reversal. It just means those people have more time to complain about it.

This community is wonderful. The interaction with Tulga is something no other MMO has, yet all I see are people complaining about the stupid things. I see people basically abusing this wonderful relationship. There are some other great posts on the board, but the posts about this change aren't one of those. Lets try to think of things to *better* the game, and not complain over things like this. If you look past your own selfish 'it's too haaard' whining, you might see that this could be beneficial to the game, especially if the Devs are going to be doing more of this sort of thing all the way down the line.

-- Xorith

Quote Originally Posted by Xorith
    I have an idea...

Lets make it so you can buy all the resources you want for 1cp each off of a merchant with an endless supply in the middle of a huge crafting hall. This merchant will also have every form and tech in the game for 10cp each. No more tokens, no more markers. Yes, this sounds great. -- NOT.

I say bravo to this change, and look forward to more. Crafting, at current, isn't difficult enough. The only exception to this is the fact that miners don't really get another formulae they can use like nearly all other schools do to aid in levels. Really though, I've worked through that.

And Confectioners... this keeps getting brought up, even though it's in the design preview. I've never seen anyone bring it up *with* positive ideas. Only with complaining. "Give a little, get a little" still works here -- give some constructive ideas, and maybe you'll get a little something back. Also remember that what goes around, comes around. You give nothing but negativity (complaining, whining, trolling, etc...) and you'll get nothing but the same back.

Crafting really needs to be more of a challenge. Things need to be worth more, and this community needs to take off their pampers and roll with the punches. Really, you asked for something to be made easier, and this prompted the devs to take a look at the whole line. They realized that it is out of whack, and they're putting it back in place. If everything was suppose to be how YOU wanted it, then guess what? YOU'd be running this game. The devs have to consider everyone and what's good for the game, and not everyone has a problem with this change. Further, just because the only ones who do have the spare time to come on here and complain about it doesn't mean that the change deserves a reversal. It just means those people have more time to complain about it.

This community is wonderful. The interaction with Tulga is something no other MMO has, yet all I see are people complaining about the stupid things. I see people basically abusing this wonderful relationship. There are some other great posts on the board, but the posts about this change aren't one of those. Lets try to think of things to *better* the game, and not complain over things like this. If you look past your own selfish 'it's too haaard' whining, you might see that this could be beneficial to the game, especially if the Devs are going to be doing more of this sort of thing all the way down the line.

-- Xorith
    This is a joke? Right. Confectioners...postive suggestion, read read read. POSITIVE SUGGESTION: How bout putting the forms in they have been missing for so many months. Dude!
    Most the rest of the post is just inflamatory nonsense and won't even deal with it.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorith
    Excuse me? Read much?

How about this? Or this that got shut down by a mod prematurely as nothing BUT positive ideas were coming in. Or what about this one, the currently only open Confectioner thread open for discussion in the Discussion forum? Have you even BOTHERED to read any of these? I'm doubting it.

I've been here since beta. I've done nothing but provide feedback and suggestions all the while wearing my heart on my sleeve. Next time, before sticking your foot in your mouth try doing alittle research. You'll look less ignorant that way.

What Snow said Xorith. Confectioners have been waiting since beta for viability - they deserve it and deserve to gripe about the lack of love. I have never played one - but can imagine their pain....its like a guy trying to understand birth - just takes a 10lb bowling ball!

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

I dissagree with the current changes. I don't think now is the appropriate time to be messing with the mithril. and i don't like what they have done with the argo system.

Xorith, everyone has thier thier own opinion on what is better for the game. what you think is good, many others won't. what i think is good, many others won't. I have been a part of the Hz community since about a month after release.And time has shown on these boards and the old tazoon boards, that if the masses complain enough things will get changed. That has been a staple of the Hz forums. many of us have lasted thru the merge, nerfs, and bugs. A lot of those were enough to drive massive amounts of people away. bugs, lag, and an unfinished game pushed many people away and forced AE in to bankruptcy. but those of us who remained had hope that things would turn out if we just stuck with it. a lot of things have changed for the good. some things havn't. ARoP and Lairs were suppose to be here over 7 months ago. we have gotten 2 parts of ARoP so far and still no lairs. A whole lot of stuff was put on hold for these two things. In my opinion, what a lot of players want is for Tugla to get thier priorities straight. Why change stuff that doesn't need changing when there is so much more important stuff that needs attention? changing mithril should be a lot lower on the list than finishing the confectioner class. in my opinion, finishing the confectioner class should be on the top of the crafting list even tho i don't play the conf class. So many things have been promised and then put on the back burner for something else that does nothing but get complaints from the playerbase. "that is not my area" or "i am not working on that" shouldn't be an excuse. once one part of the team is done with something, they should fall back and help knock out the next important issue to keep things rolling down the list. spreading out resources over so many areas that nothing seems to get taken care of is not the way to do things.

Each every subscriber to this game is what keeps it afloat. Tugla better pay attention to its playerbase before it's too late again.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Thread Information