Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visit to Tulg***

Default Re: Visit to Tulg***

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    We're also looking for whoever can name for us the four members of the Withered Aegis. David Bowman didn't say if they are in game, but one is definately mentioned in the lore and one appeared at an event... Anyone seen or heard of the other two?
    Hmm would think that I can name some of them.

The Maggot lord(apeared at the end event in Beta)

The wraith king(boss of the ebon guards that roamed in western deadlands for a while)

Torrin Macalir(That's mostly a guess, but do you really think he's dead? ;))

I dunno who the fourth migth be.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpedos
    Hmmm.... *just happens to be flying to Phoenix on Saturday*

*ponders*

*evil grin*
    Well stop on by. Words of advise

Monday-thursday

And don't go at lunch, horrible sight:(

Jayne

Oh and get the address from someone other than David Bowman...

I might have miscopied what he said, but.... :p

I believe the new office is in Tempe. I have not visited them since the move there. I may go out there in the next few weeks, If so I will bother them when the baby is sleeping.................:)

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Two words: Piggy Banks

End of discussion.
    *groan*

Yea I can just see some designer thinking along those lines about 2 in the morning.

Even better: "Bat of Gnerph".

So, yeah, they are capable of it. [:P]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

They would run for their lives if I ever called up wanting to visit.

*phone at TG HQ rings*

Me: Hiya! This is Snowdonia from the boards. I was curious to know, I'm in the area, any chance I could come in for a visit?

*sound of phone dropping and being picked back up.... muffled voices as reciever is covered with a hand.... person removes hand but load crashes and bangs ensue in the background*

Them: Oh hi! You know *cough cough cough wheeze* we would normally LOVE for you to come by the office for a visit but *cough cough sneeze wheeze moan* we're all very sick here at TG. I think we've all got west nile virus. It really wouldn't be a good time. *cough cough hack*

Me: Oh... Ummm, well alright then. You guys get better now.

*hangs up the phone from around the corner and peeks around at the TG office to see everyone running out and heading for their cars post-haste!*

We welcome occasional visits from our players. If you are going to be in the area, please let me know in advance and we will do our best to let you see what we do. Please do not take offense if there is a schedule conflict; it isn't personal. (Minors must be accompanied by a parent).

Sincerely,

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Fridlekh

I'm going to be moving to the area soon, so I was wondering ... would if it be OK if I came by to visit for 12 or so hours every day for the the next several years or so?

Both of the times I've tried to go visit this year I've been stuck at work late...or at the bar late with co-workers. Strangely enough I seem to remember David's directions to me to be quite clear. Not Tempe anymore though it's somewhere near the university now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss
    though it's somewhere near the university now.
    Yes, it's about a block from all the college bars :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It's most definatly in Tempe. Although it is somewhat close to the phoenix border.
    Doh your right of course. Went back and looked at my map for the place. Old office used to be in Scottsdale I think which is what I was thinking.

Actually, the old office was in eastern Mesa. But yes, we are in Tempe now.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Oh Snow I'll take you there. They don't have a problem with anyone.

Lots of income from visitors. Its really cool, Allyou have to do is lay some green on the table andyou can have any Nerfyou want put on blight. Then run home and watch all the craziness on the boards :)

JK, on a serious note. They are very nice and professional

They do like some notice because of house keeping. (They spend alot of time there so it can get cluttered)

Jayne

Nice - too bad I live in...uhm...well, on the other side of the planet...

[:'(]

No fair!! I only get to go to boring places like, LA, Germany, Australia, England, Ireland, and Hawaii....
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Quote Originally Posted by Leannae
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img]

No fair!! I only get to go to boring places like, LA, Germany, Australia, England, Ireland, and Hawaii....
    That's why we hold the community meetings, post the minutes to the boards and invite "guest speakers." That's, I think, why David was nice enough to allow me to be so open with our visit. At first I was afraid that people would think we were getting special treatment, so wanted to not say anything about it, but he suggested that we tell everyone about it. Share the wealth. Let people know that with proper notice and courtesy they are welcome too.

I have worked for about 15 different companies in my life, maybe more. The latest, Chaplain's Assistant for Joint Forces Headquarters, Utah National Guard, was as close to dream job as anyone could ask. Full free health coverage, four day work week (10 hours a day), all federal holidays off with pay, and tons of other fringe benefits. My job consists of mainly answering phones and preparing spreadsheets, the rest of the time is devoted to "professional development" (ie reading books.)

As great as the atmosphere at my job is, TG's is better. They work hard to made a good product and help players have fun. I worked there for free for a day and felt like I'd received more than adequate compensation. (They had me testing the Quest Editor from a player's point of view and showing a new contractor around the game.)

I loved it. When my medical discharge and disability go through, I just might see if I can work there as a volunteer. :)

But your statement does give me an idea.... Why not start some regional conventions for Horizons? It would be nice to meet other players and maybe TG can spare one person for a couple of days to come talk directly to people.... I've worked tougher lgoistical issues... I wonder how much interest there would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz

But your statement does give me an idea.... Why not start some regional conventions for Horizons? It would be nice to meet other players and maybe TG can spare one person for a couple of days to come talk directly to people.... I've worked tougher lgoistical issues... I wonder how much interest there would be?
    If I were in any one place longer than a day, it might be an idea but my job keeps me hopping from place to place, sometimes never knowing what city I'm in at the moment...

I can't complain though, first class accommodations all the way and I get to travel the world. [;)]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

:o
    It would be interesting to see how the shop is ran. I worked with Monolith on MxO before they sold it; and I like the non super corp production... Its alot more jovial and you feel not only more like a family; but more involved and responsible for the product.

I can only imagine what its like with the skeleton crew working down at tulga.

Thats one of the big reasons why I suggested player made quests a long time ago. There isn't enough content made by developers ever to fully satiate a full time gamer. But if players were able to add to the content in quests, then the content would be made by not only developers, but players as well.

I am glad they are putting that tool together to make quests. Just hope other powerful changes make the game sit more upright in a field full of slouchers.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Thread Information