Thread: Why not email us when the shards are up?

Default Why not email us when the shards are up?

OK, although this'll probably get relegated to the Suggestion boards, isn't it a simple, silly thing to simply email everyone with an account that the shards are up, when they come up?

It's a pain to relogin over and over to see whether they are available.

Wouldn't it also be good advertising, to list the updates with the notification?
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Default Re: Why not email us when the shards are up?

That could be a thing (the mouse in that e-mail server will have to go fast to get all thozse email out [:P]), but then you need to go get your mail, same as checking if the server up .. No

The easy way is what evryone always ask, an honest ETA posted with a plus or minus 30 minus leeway.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    The easy way is what evryone always ask, an honest ETA posted with a plus or minus 30 minus leeway.
    You're assuming that they can make estimates that are that accurate. I believe that past performance has pretty much proven that such estimates are sometimes off by as much as 3-4 hours, at which point people start screaming about "lying." They have provided an honest estimate. "Sometime this evening." Which means 8pm est, +/- 4 hours. That's /honest/ but not /precice./ That's what "estimate" means.
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Danna Firesoul
    They have provided an honest estimate. "Sometime this evening." Which means 8pm est, +/- 4 hours. That's /honest/ but not /precice./ That's what "estimate" means.
    Hey Hey don't get me wrong,I guessed that "sometime in the evening" was an honest estimate (and it was honest of them to say it be a long process into the evening [Y]), but the way you put the time and the leeway (+/- 4 hours) is almost a form of art.

Don't forget folks this is a huge patch and a major release for the dragon. GO Dev Go !!! [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Hey Hey don't get me wrong,I guessed that "sometime in the evening" was an honest estimate (and it was honest of them to say it be a long process into the evening [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]), but the way you put the time and the leeway (+/- 4 hours) is almost a form of art.

Don't forget folks this is a huge patch and a major release for the dragon. GO Dev Go !!! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    Heh. I'm a programmer myself, and giving those sorts of estimages is, indeed, an art form. Mostly in producing one that Management will accept. [:P] Sorry if I came over a bit strong. I've been in front of the "why can't you give a more accurate estimate" gun a few times myself, and it's a bit awkward.[:$]
    Danna Firesoul
    Magic Knight, Order of the Crimson Flame
    Mad Tinker of the Company of the Morning

I think they should all just send us pagers for these big patches. I vote for the large square ones with all the blinking lights (like some restaurants use) - the vibrator is optional for those that like that sort of thing [:P]

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Danna Firesoul
    Sorry if I came over a bit strong. I've been in front of the "why can't you give a more accurate estimate" gun a few times myself, and it's a bit awkward.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]
    Hey Hey, I'm a system analyst myself. The apps dude bugs me for when the system ready, then I bug them when the apps will be installed so that I can deliver the lot. It's all fair and square. [;)]

All I was mentionning is an honest estimate goes a long way then no estimate at all. Talking about estimate, I think I'll bid on that +4 and go watch a film.

See you all in the game later.

Thread Information